Post-Game Talk: Come back for a pointless point.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Look where Debrincat was positionned on his pp goal. You rarely see CC shooting from that close on the pp. Our pp is coached by clowns.
For me it comes down to puck pressure. Teams are not afraid to press us on our PP because we don't handle the puck well collectively. On the other hand we are often afraid to press because we feel we can get beat by superior talent. It's a lose lose situation on special teams. Someone rightly pointed out it's hard to improve either side in practice because we aren't facing what is being thrown at us. It's funny I was watching a PK a few games back where Guhle was actually forcing the D more than our forward was. That can't be happening it was a matter of one player moving his feet and the other obviously not.

Reactions: zx81 and Runner77

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Apparently struble is massive strong. I have been impressed so far.
There was a play last evening where he was being pressed by Sprong face to the glass. He was able to hold him off and move the puck cleanly to his best option and eventually a clean exit. It caught my attention because most of our D can't do that.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Yes, agreed, somewhat true.
I personally think it's time for MSL and the coaching staff start to be held more accountable on many issues, having the team ready for the first two minute, and PP and PK........................the blender on lines?
WTF MSL.................I am a fan of MSL but as time moves forward, he seems to have been slipped some stupid pills that Therrien left behind.
For gods sake Msl has zero talent to work with. Please stop this coaches fault rap.

Reactions: jrom

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Wings do not suck. They are third in league for goals per game. And they have patty kane starting this week. Do your research before just saying they suck
Who cares? If you watch the games they are mediocre and their goalies are trash.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Yes it is however
Interpretation 4​
Rule 10.2 (a)(iii)
General guidelines for closing the hand on the puck:
  1. When a player closes their hand on the puck and then throws the puck, stop play immediately. A Minor penalty for Handling the Puck must be assessed.
  2. When a player closes their hand on the puck and tries to maneuver around another player while holding the puck, or where a player is prevented from playing the puck by the player changing the general location of the puck while holding it, a Minor penalty for Handling the Puck must be assessed.
  3. When a player takes a stride while holding the puck in their hand, assess a Minor penalty for Handling the Puck.
Exactly.
No call was the right call.
He didn’t throw it, maneuver, or take a stride.

Grab and drop. Legal.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
There was a play last evening where he was being pressed by Sprong face to the glass. He was able to hold him off and move the puck cleanly to his best option and eventually a clean exit. It caught my attention because most of our D can't do that.
Every D not named Guhle to be specific.

Reactions: Runner77 and Rapala

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
From what I heard last evening we are currently at or near the bottom of the league for 1st period goals. If we add our horrendous second period stats to that one has to wonder how we manage to harvest points. Some of it is definitely a case of teams taking their foot off the gas. The regulation wins stat is an importaant one.
And they mentioned, we are at the top of scoring 3rd period goals................go figure.

The coaching staff are young, and green also...................we are a huge work in progress.
I like the direction, but these are growing pains, and MSL needs some pressure put on him in order to be better.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
It’s so funny to me how a big portion of this board figured we’d be a lottery pick team even when we’re healthy yet we’re somehow expected to win like a playoff team with numerous key injuries while we’re still rebuilding. lol.

Reactions: Redux91 and jrom

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
For gods sake Msl has zero talent to work with. Please stop this coaches fault rap.
LOL........
He needs to be better himself.
Falling behind early in games, says not prepared................terrible PP and PK systems, are awful............everyone can see the PP is stagnant, and no one moves..................the box on the PK is far too small, and there is NO pressure on the guy who has the puck.

These are system issues, that the players can easily execute, they have to be told, and practice.

Our coaches are as green as our players are.........................there is NO way they can't be held accountable as the players....

MSL has one job once the puck drops, WHO is on the ice with WHO..............and for how long..........he is failing many nights....................this is coming from a fan of his........he needs to be better.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Wings do not suck. They are third in league for goals per game. And they have patty kane starting this week. Do your research before just saying they suck

He's probably venting that Detroit hasn't been able to beat montreal in regulation yet.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
It’s so funny to me how a big portion of this board figured we’d be a lottery pick team even when we’re healthy yet we’re somehow expected to win like a playoff team with numerous key injuries while we’re still rebuilding. lol.
I can’t watch or enjoy the game if they’re not looking like trying to win. I like that MSL changed up his bench last night. I enjoyed the comeback and can still call out that crapola 3v3 or the pp to date because it hapenned . So many emotions.

Jul 6, 2016
I think our whole coaching staff (except the goalies' one) is subpar. I would had like also to see for once since a long time a HEALTHY line up. At this point many of our best youngsters had been injured or are injured for significant amount of times: Dach, Slaf, Guhle, Xhekaj, Caufield last season - Dach, Xhekaj, Newhook, RHP this season. How can you develop injured young players ?

Reactions: BLONG7

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I can’t watch or enjoy the game if they’re not looking like trying to win. I like that MSL changed up his bench last night. I enjoyed the comeback and can still call out that crapola 3v3 or the pp to date because it hapenned . So many emotions.

Fans can ultimately say what they want of course. There just doesn’t seem to be any consistency of expectations.

People say they want a rebuild and get one yet we also have to compete with every team every night WITH major injuries. And when we do look competitive it’s still not good enough. Like it’s just bi-polar madness lol.

People on here want a contender and a rebuild at the same time. Then indulge in a bunch of mental gymnastics saying they don’t on top of it lol. Not saying you are. You’re being pretty frank here.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Fans can ultimately say what they want of course. There just doesn’t seem to be any consistency of expectations.

People say they want a rebuild and get one yet we also have to compete with every team every night WITH major injuries. And when we do look competitive it’s still not good enough. Like it’s just bi-polar madness lol.

People on here want a contender and a rebuild at the same time. Then indulge in a bunch of mental gymnastics saying they don’t on top of it lol. Not saying you are. You’re being pretty frank here.
I don’t think anybody expected a contender but I would be lying if a part of me didn’t want the Habs to go on a big streak and crash into a playoff spot over the next month. That would be such a good development.

Losing sucks. We watch competitive sports and root for our team to win and succeed, and if not succeed then at least to play well. The sloppy stuff isn’t for me, personally, I don’t know about you.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I don’t think anybody expected a contender but I would be lying if a part of me didn’t want the Habs to go on a big streak and crash into a playoff spot over the next month. That would be such a good development.

Losing sucks. We watch competitive sports and root for our team to win and succeed, and if not succeed then at least to play well. The sloppy stuff isn’t for me, personally, I don’t know about you.
I have expected them, to be a little better, that said I was convinced we would not have a bunch of injuries either, again and again!!
All things considered, they have been a little better than last year, so...............there are 58 games to go.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Hey absolutely! As long as you’re not screaming for a lottery pick at the same time lol.

It can be one or the other it just can’t be both! And I can just about guarantee if we went through a lot of poster’s history’s we’d get a lot of both.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I have expected them, to be a little better, that said I was convinced we would not have a bunch of injuries either, again and again!!
All things considered, they have been a little better than last year, so...............there are 58 games to go.
Yeah for sure. I personally wouldn’t mind them battling for a playoff spot.

They’re probably not that far off. .500-ish hockey with key guys out is really not that bad.

It’s not like no one can complain at all. I really don’t like MSL’s lines. And he could very well end up a better player development coach than team coach when it’s all said and done. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt for the rest of this season to an extent. I’d like to see improvements though.

If the youngins continue to improve that’ll count for a lot. At least free YOLO ffs

Reactions: BLONG7

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I think our whole coaching staff (except the goalies' one) is subpar. I would had like also to see for once since a long time a HEALTHY line up. At this point many of our best youngsters had been injured or are injured for significant amount of times: Dach, Slaf, Guhle, Xhekaj, Caufield last season - Dach, Xhekaj, Newhook, RHP this season. How can you develop injured young players ?

I mean they changed the whole medical stuff, what else can they do?

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Marty says "On n'etait pas a l'heure".

Perhaps someone could pass a memo that tomorrow's game starts at 730 PM Eastern.

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2023/12/02/martin-st-louis-on-netait-pas-a-lheure

How many times now has this line been used this season? I am annoyed that the team is constantly unprepared. Isn't that what coaches are paid to do? To make sure everyone is prepared and ready to go?

The team looks very very disorganized, mainly on the defensive end. It's not surprising they have a lot of bad starts.

The man to man defence is hard to figure out. But I feel like the lack of experience on D is hurting them as well.

Reactions: The Real Timo

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Marty says "On n'etait pas a l'heure".

Perhaps someone could pass a memo that tomorrow's game starts at 730 PM Eastern.

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2023/12/02/martin-st-louis-on-netait-pas-a-lheure

How many times now has this line been used this season? I am annoyed that the team is constantly unprepared. Isn't that what coaches are paid to do? To make sure everyone is prepared and ready to go?
The problem seems to be more that certain players lack focus at game start than actually being unprepared for the game. They just want to¸be done with it instead of putting in any efforts. Probably some fear of getting injured too (or aggravating something they already have). And MSL none-systems don't allow a lack of focus, especially not when playing defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad