combine 2018 and 2019 draft, top ten

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Let me be the first to give it a shot. (No QB’s)

1. Nick Bosa
2. Quinnen Williams
3. Saquon Barkley
4. Bradley Chubb
5. Josh Allen
6. Quenton Nelson
7. Derwin James
8. Roquan Smith
9. Ed Oliver
10. Devin White

What do you think??

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Why no QB's? That was a big part of last years top 10 and likely will be part of this years as well
You are more than welcome to do a list with QB's included. I would look forward to seeing the rankings. Hoping others put their top ten up as well.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm going to go off my rankings at the time of each draft as opposed to looking at it with the new information from last season.

1. Sam Darnold
2. Josh Rosen
3. Baker Mayfield
4. Kyler Murray
5. Dwayne Haskins
6. Quinnen Williams
7. Nick Bosa
8. Bradley Chubb
9. Roquan Smith
10. Quenton Nelson

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I haven't followed the draft at all this year. All I know is that I had Rosen as the #1 QB on my "board" last year. Yuck.

If I did make a list, I wouldn't have any biases towards the 2018 rookies that played last year.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I'm going to go off my rankings at the time of each draft as opposed to looking at it with the new information from last season.

1. Sam Darnold
2. Josh Rosen
3. Baker Mayfield
4. Kyler Murray
5. Dwayne Haskins
6. Quinnen Williams
7. Nick Bosa
8. Bradley Chubb
9. Roquan Smith
10. Quenton Nelson

Nice list but I would have josh Allen almost tied with Chubb. Williams higher as well.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Nice list but I would have josh Allen almost tied with Chubb. Williams higher as well.

I just really value QB's that have a good chance at being long-term starters more than any other positions.

Allen & Devin White were the next two guys I had down.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I just really value QB's that have a good chance at being long-term starters more than any other positions.

Allen & Devin White were the next two guys I had down.

Fair enough. I guess that’s why I was originally hoping to see some lists without QBs. They always seem to be so highly ranked. Would you do a list minus QBs?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Fair enough. I guess that’s why I was originally hoping to see some lists without QBs. They always seem to be so highly ranked. Would you do a list minus QBs?

1. Q Williams
2. N Bosa
3. B Chubb
4. R Smith
5. Q Nelson
6. D White
7. Josh Allen
8. Derwin James
9. Saquon Barkley
10. Tremaine Edmunds
Close: Oliver, Gary, Dillard

I will say that after the top 2 guys, the other 11 are extremely close.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
1. Q Williams
2. N Bosa
3. B Chubb
4. R Smith
5. Q Nelson
6. D White
7. Josh Allen
8. Derwin James
9. Saquon Barkley
10. Tremaine Edmunds

Nice list! I dig it!

I still can’t figure out why so many mocks have Allen and boss going before Quinnen Williams. Why?!?!

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Nice list! I dig it!

I still can’t figure out why so many mocks have Allen and boss going before Quinnen Williams. Why?!?!

The teams near the top of the draft have a bigger need at edge rusher than DT.

Also - those players are good too.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
The teams near the top of the draft have a bigger need at edge rusher than DT.

Also - those players are good too.
I would think the niners and jets could go either way. Is it that defensive end is just a more valuable position?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I would think the niners and jets could go either way. Is it that defensive end is just a more valuable position?

I would just say that pass rush in general is more valued and not really DT v DE.

Some old school guys will value pass rush from the DT more because it's closer and a quicker line to the QB.

There are just so many DT/edge prospects this year that there will be a ton of different rankings out there.

Reactions: maplepred

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
1. Q Williams
2. N Bosa
3. B Chubb
4. R Smith
5. Q Nelson
6. D White
7. Josh Allen
8. Derwin James
9. Saquon Barkley
10. Tremaine Edmunds

This would pretty much be my non QB list but I'd take out Gary/Dillard and replace them with Minkah Fitzpatrick and Jeffery Simmons. My top 15 would be rounded out by Hockenson and either Vita Vea or Denzel Ward. I like Dillard a lot too tho. I think Gary could be a bust but he does have major potential.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
This would pretty much be my non QB list but I'd take out Gary/Dillard and replace them with Minkah Fitzpatrick and Jeffery Simmons. My top 15 would be rounded out by Hockenson and either Vita Vea or Denzel Ward. I like Dillard a lot too tho. I think Gary could be a bust but he does have major potential.

Hockenson and Ward were borderline for me. Vea was a fair amount lower for me last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad