GDT: Columbus vs Buffalo | 2/24 7PM EST

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
The third goal looked like it was deflected, and the fourth was essentially a 5v3, so I'll give Forsberg a half-pass on those. The first might be the two worst back-to-back goals I've ever seen at any professional level.

Still, we only scored twice and our PP is terrible. Better to tank than get swept by the Islanders.

If the goal is to be a playoff team we are probably pretty close to that. If the goal is to be a championship contender we aren't close.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
A few cold hours ago
I can still remember
How that playoff hope made me smile
And I knew we still had a chance
If Boston fumbled and lost its stance
And maybe games would matter for a while

But the last week made me shiver
With every point the Jackets didn't deliver
Below the bar, we were dwellers
Would Jarmo be a buyer or a seller?

I can't remember if I cried
When I saw Forsberg fall on his side
But it was when Buffalo came to Nationwide
I knew the season had died

So,

Bye, bye, the post season this time
Maybe Jenner will be better and we'll draft a new line
We'll bubble wrap Murray so he'll be there first night
Singin' next season they will be all right
Next season they will be all right...

Don MacLean would be proud

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Doesn't sound like a coach fighting or a playoff spot. No matter what they claim about still thinking they had a chance, they know they are out of it.

Sat behind the home bench last night. Richards looked like he had a lot on his mind. If I can read body/facial language, that tweeted comment sounds about right. I think there was more than Forsberg that conflicted coach last night. Now, how 'deep' that conflicted-ness goes (is he worried about his job?) I can't say.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
If the goal is to be a playoff team we are probably pretty close to that. If the goal is to be a championship contender we aren't close.

BINGO!

Again everyone seems happy if we have a team that is average (and again an average NHL team makes the playoffs - 16 of 30 teams get in). I don't think that should be the goal and I hope the frant office is looking ahead and saying ok in 2017 what do we have (things like Ry Jo is 1st line C, some combo of Dubi/Jenner are 2nd/3rd line C so maybe Arty is avail in right deal), not simply saying oh he's a good hockey player we need to hold onto him.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
BINGO!

Again everyone seems happy if we have a team that is average (and again an average NHL team makes the playoffs - 16 of 30 teams get in). I don't think that should be the goal and I hope the frant office is looking ahead and saying ok in 2017 what do we have (things like Ry Jo is 1st line C, some combo of Dubi/Jenner are 2nd/3rd line C so maybe Arty is avail in right deal), not simply saying oh he's a good hockey player we need to hold onto him.

Commitment to mediocrity. We've never built a contender, we've always been content on being a maybe for a wildcard spot. We've always been, and still are an amateur organization. We've never had a successful established GM, and the results have almost always been the same.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
We tend to play donw to our opposition. So this loss was not a surprise to me. Yes, Forsberg did not play well.But that should not excuse the heartless, gutless showing from the rest of the team. there was little effort from the team. There was no effort from superstar Joey. When you play like they did tonite a bad performance by a young goalie will do you in. But this is a team game. And the team stunk tonite.

Was at the game and disagree with everything you just posted. Not sure you watched the same game. Effort was there. Johansen was good. Not invisible at all. The team played well enough to win. Sadly, this one is on the goaltending. Bad spot for a young guy.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
3074326 (a zip code in China perhaps), we certainly do disagree. I stand by what I said. Everything was lackluster about the performance.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Was at the game and disagree with everything you just posted. Not sure you watched the same game. Effort was there. Johansen was good. Not invisible at all. The team played well enough to win. Sadly, this one is on the goaltending. Bad spot for a young guy.

what a shock, a Pens fan that lives in Columbus but roots for the Jackets as his/her "second team"...until they are better than Pittsburgh, then the flip to Jackets 1st, Pens 2nd.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
BINGO!

I don't think anyone is just shooting for the playoffs and nothing more. You have to get in and get some experience first before you win. The Red Wings are the class of the NHL and their run started in around 86/87 and it took them 10 years of "just getting in" a lot of years to win a cup. I know everyone wants to win yesterday in this age of "gimme NOW" mentality, but unfortunately that's not how it works. We have a solid foundation and it just needs tweaking and a little luck with injuries.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Come on now, is anyone surprised by this loss? Who was it last season that ended our 8 game winning streak at the Nat with a 5-0 win?

This team always plays down to the competition. But of course at this point "What difference does it make?"

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Come on now, is anyone surprised by this loss? Who was it last season that ended our 8 game winning streak at the Nat with a 5-0 win?

This team always plays down to the competition. But of course at this point "What difference does it make?"

Exactly.

I "called" this one at dinner with my family. Certainly doesn't make me Nostrodamus as everyone else was thinking the same thing, perfect set up for a let down game.

The road trip was our final push, and we played very well but came up short in those last 2 games. You won't see much urgency on the ice or behind the bench now.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Pretty sure he's not wired that way. Note the reported way he did his NTC list.

Just a poor example is all. Porty attempting to drive the narrative instead of report it.

I think Porty's tweet started "Told...

If that is the case is he not reporting? Unless Brian Williams told him. If in fact he was told I don't see how that is attempting to drive the narrative. Or is he only supposed to report things that have no way of being interpreted as just facts?

Jacket asked Wiz to give them his list. He did.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I think Porty's tweet started "Told...

If that is the case is he not reporting? Unless Brian Williams told him. If in fact he was told I don't see how that is attempting to drive the narrative. Or is he only supposed to report things that have no way of being interpreted as just facts?

Jacket asked Wiz to give them his list. He did.

I'm referring to the "Wiz gave encouragement to Forsberg" tweet.

Try to follow old-timer.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
what a shock, a Pens fan that lives in Columbus but roots for the Jackets as his/her "second team"...until they are better than Pittsburgh, then the flip to Jackets 1st, Pens 2nd.

I won't be flipping. I also don't understand why some of you guys refuse to talk hockey with outside fan bases. I stopped posting in this forum for that reason. I'll be off now. :shakehead

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
A few cold hours ago
I can still remember
How that playoff hope made me smile
And I knew we still had a chance
If Boston fumbled and lost its stance
And maybe games would matter for a while

But the last week made me shiver
With every point the Jackets didn't deliver
Below the bar, we were dwellers
Would Jarmo be a buyer or a seller?

I can't remember if I cried
When I saw Forsberg fall on his side
But it was when Buffalo came to Nationwide
I knew the season had died

So,

Bye, bye, the post season this time
Maybe Jenner will be better and we'll draft a new line
We'll bubble wrap Murray so he'll be there first night
Singin' next season they will be all right
Next season they will be all right...

:handclap:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

Only scored two goals. Goal tending was bad, but we chased the game as well. Not a good effort really. Some individual effort was there, but there always is when players on a team get really desperate. Lack of confidence and players trying to hard; making too many mistakes.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I won't be flipping. I also don't understand why some of you guys refuse to talk hockey with outside fan bases. I stopped posting in this forum for that reason. I'll be off now. :shakehead

I'll talk hockey with anyone around here, and I actually agreed with your other post, I just get annoyed with Pens fans in Columbus that mask as Jackets fans every other game. Same goes for Chicago and in the old days, Detroit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad