Columbus- Peaking at the right time?

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Wanna talk stats: Here are a few.

For all their "underachieving", and for the lousy month-long stretch they had right around the break, they have the same number of points in the standings as the Stanley Cup Champions, and are only four behind the Capitals for first place. Obviously, they have no chance.

Could the Blue Jackets be in store for another first round out? Sure. You know who else could be? Washington. Pittsburgh. Toronto. Philadelphia. New Jersey. I mean, with the exception of Tampa Bay, and MAYBE Boston, there aren't a lot of teams in the East playoff picture that should scare anybody. Hell, Florida has a great chance to sneak in as one of the wild cards, and they'd be the hottest team in hockey if they got in.

There are no great teams in the East. Everyone's vulnerable.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Took overtime and two non call penalty shots to beat the Bruins without Chara, Bergeron, McAvoy, Rick Nash, Backes and Debrusk. LoL Healthy Bruins team dumpsters Columbus in 5 games.

You guys did everything you could to lose that game too. I watched.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I don't necessarily want to "pin my hopes" that we'll make it far in the playoffs, because anything can happen in hockey... And, I've been let down as a Jacket fan in the past.
But, I'm glad we are definitely playing better now than we were before. But, I'll be honest- I'm nervous about playing the Bruins or Lightning in the playoffs. I'd rather face the Caps or Penguins honestly.

Hopefully we can continue the winning today against the Panthers! Go Jackets!

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
You can win 82 games in the regular season and still lose in 4 in the playoffs. I don't believe in this "peaking at the right time" thing, if you're a good enough team you'll find success in the playoffs and you won't lose because "you already peaked earlier in the season".

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Billy Bob 10.png

Ten down, six to go.

Reactions: Daisy Ridley

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Absolutely dominated a Florida team that are fighting for their lives.

To those saying that this win streak is a fluke or that we haven’t looked dominant at all.. I hope you watched the game tonight.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
They're ending the season hot only to face their playoff demons, who have embarrassed Bobrovsky over the years (even before Bob was on Columbus) and are stronger offensively than they've ever been. Yeah, not a great matchup for them :laugh:

Bobrovsky has a career .910 save% in the regular season and a .889 save% in the playoffs against the Penguins. They are the worst possible matchup for the Jackets in round 1, so if I was a Jackets fan, I'd be praying for Pittsburgh to win the division or for Columbus to get the 1st wildcard spot. Sadly, Bob's stats against Washington in the regular season are even worse than they are against the Penguins.

I'm aiming a little higher.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Absolutely dominated a Florida team that are fighting for their lives.

To those saying that this win streak is a fluke or that we haven’t looked dominant at all.. I hope you watched the game tonight.

Yup. Solid game by you guys. Our PP was poop and you clogged the neutral zone well blocking our stretch passes. Bob played well and we hit too many posts and took too many penalties. Good luck the rest of the way, your next 5 games should help you clinch.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Yup. Solid game by you guys. Our PP was poop and you clogged the neutral zone well blocking our stretch passes. Bob played well and we hit too many posts and took too many penalties. Good luck the rest of the way, your next 5 games should help you clinch.

Likewise! I secretly root for the Panthers since I’m from Fort Myers. But, I thought you guys had a solid start. Jumped all over us for the first 10 minutes but it was dominance the rest of the way. Bob played insanely good. Hoping you guys get in over Jersey!

Daisy Ridley

Feb 28, 2018
They're ending the season hot only to face their playoff demons, who have embarrassed Bobrovsky over the years (even before Bob was on Columbus) and are stronger offensively than they've ever been. Yeah, not a great matchup for them :laugh:

Bobrovsky has a career .910 save% in the regular season and a .889 save% in the playoffs against the Penguins. They are the worst possible matchup for the Jackets in round 1, so if I was a Jackets fan, I'd be praying for Pittsburgh to win the division or for Columbus to get the 1st wildcard spot. Sadly, Bob's stats against Washington in the regular season are even worse than they are against the Penguins.
I’m praying we get them in the 1st. Time to get over the hurdle or die trying.

Daisy Ridley

Feb 28, 2018
You can win 82 games in the regular season and still lose in 4 in the playoffs. I don't believe in this "peaking at the right time" thing, if you're a good enough team you'll find success in the playoffs and you won't lose because "you already peaked earlier in the season".
There is a thing called momentum in sports

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Curious. Reactions of Jackets fans here are largely "yeah, we're having fun with it", most other fans are saying things like "huh, that's pretty neat", and then there's some Pens fans going "LOL YOU STILL SUCK AND WILL ALWAYS SUCK".

Y'all keep this up and Philly is going to start feeling jealous. :naughty:

Reactions: Byrral and mikeyp24

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Curious. Reactions of Jackets fans here are largely "yeah, we're having fun with it", most other fans are saying things like "huh, that's pretty neat", and then there's some Pens fans going "LOL YOU STILL SUCK AND WILL ALWAYS SUCK".

Y'all keep this up and Philly is going to start feeling jealous. :naughty:
Nah...we are good. A CBus/Pitt series would be great to watch.

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad