Columbus- Peaking at the right time?

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
CBJ just won their 9th game in a row.

Last year, many thought they peaked a bit too early with the 16 game win streak and kinda sorta played less than overpowering hockey after that streak.

This year, they looked a little shaky early, but are playing well late down the stretch.

Could they be getting hot at the right time, which could work out better for them compared to last season?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
As I put it in the GDT...

NHL: "No, really, Columbus isn't all that great. See? All they had going for them was that big winning streak."
CBJ: "Well, okay, if you really insist..."

Of course, the next game we play is against a team that's just about as hot lately in Florida.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
It's always been a question of, can we get enough offense. Definitely not peaking because #1C Dubois is slumping. When Dubois starts scoring, we'll be even more deadly than we are now.

The defense is solidified with Ian Cole on this team and off Pittsburgh and will keep this team in games. Once they explode offensively, that's the peak.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Yep, they are.

Jarmo made some good moves at the TDL. Nothing groundbreaking but low-cost NHL players in positions that they needed.

Cole was a great addition in particular. Playing his best hockey of the season right now. Pens are going to miss him in the playoffs.

Jones-Werenski-Savard-Cole-Johnson-Murray-Nutivaara + Bobrovsky as a whole has to be one of the best back-ends in the entire league.

Now they're also getting scoring, Panarin has been good all year but now the guys from last year are producing as well.

I don't think they have enough to win the cup or anything, i think they need Dubois and Wennberg to develop further, however i really think they can beat this years Washington Capitals in the 1st round if that's who they end up playing.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
But what about
babysteps.jpg

Reactions: haveandare

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
They always had good 5-on-5 numbers but couldn't buy a goal, was only a matter of time I guess. Would be nice to see them continue this run and exorcise some demons against Pittsburgh in round 1.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Personally I think they still lack the scoring depth to succeed in the playoffs but if they can get a few players to step it up big time to help the Breadman out they could maybe win a round or two. Other than that, this team needs more consistent offense. They do have a really solid to foundation to work with from the back out but I think they are a few pieces away from a big run.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
They do have a problem though. Their goalie has played 18 playoff games with .887 SV% and 3.63 GAA.

Reactions: Lays

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I see a first round exit again
Played the Rangers tonight and they didn’t look good honestly
Bob also sucks in playoffs
On paper they look deep though

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Laid a 5 spot down while missing our all star defenseman.
ENG makes it 5
You’re up against a rebuilding Rangers team who played just as well game could’ve gone either way. I give credit where it’s due but CBJ didn’t look like a good team tonight, maybe they looked great in other recent games, haven’t watched them in 2-3 weeks.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
I watched them the last two nights close. They are a first round KO.......They could get lucky witha matchup and gain a round.....But i see them out quick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad