Rumor: Columbus "listening" on offers for Anisimov

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
We should 'listen' to everyone other than Dubi, Foligno, Joey, Bob, and Jenner. However, shopping Anisimov/Cam/Calvert/Any Dman is a mistake IMO

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Dammit, these "rumors" are starting to piss me off. If you didn't know any better, you'd think we were starting another rebuild.

This team is starting to get things rolling now that they're beginning to get healthy, and have key guys back in the lineup.
Johansen, Dubinky, Anisimov and Letestu is as good as it gets as far as depth down the middle. Please, leave this team alone.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I would be more open to trading Anisimov than Calvert, he costs more and I don't think he brings as much to the team. Plus he will bring more back in a trade.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
I was very much a leader on the trade Anisimov bandwagon, however it really has to be for an upgrade somewhere on the back end for me. Having him and Dubi as our 2/3 C is a luxury in terms of having two very good defensive centers, which really helps our average at best defense. Moving him for anything besides a top pairing D-man, top line wing, or a top 10 draft pick (I know, you don't need to post about it) to me represents a potential downgrade.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
I was very much a leader on the trade Anisimov bandwagon, however it really has to be for an upgrade somewhere on the back end for me. Having him and Dubi as our 2/3 C is a luxury in terms of having two very good defensive centers, which really helps our average at best defense. Moving him for anything besides a top pairing D-man, top line wing, or a top 10 draft pick (I know, you don't need to post about it) to me represents a potential downgrade.

I agree with need for top pair D-man and/or top line RW.
I don't think AA brings either at the TD; any team wanting AA for SC run will not be giving up either top-pair D or a top-line RW during their run. As was astutely pointed out to me in other thread, those teams who are buyers will overpay with picks/prospects, but not established players. Even adding a bunch to AA now won't get what we want, unless it is a team at the bottom end looking to jettison a rich contract in the midst of their tank job. I am beginning to think the same argument applies to any of our current roster players rumored for trades (Cam, Calvert, Tyuts). The only exception would be a bottom feeder tanking team wanting AA or anyone else in exchange for jettisoning an "excessive" contract or a player not in their rebuild plans (e.g. TOR and Kessel, whom I do NOT want). Even then, AA's cap hit makes the cap space swap not that great for a trading partner.
It looks more and more to me like CBJ's deals will be centered around draft-time, and who knows who will be availabe and who we will be willing to trade after 2 more months of our play and SC playoffs

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
I agree with need for top pair D-man and/or top line RW.
I don't think AA brings either at the TD; any team wanting AA for SC run will not be giving up either top-pair D or a top-line RW during their run. As was astutely pointed out to me in other thread, those teams who are buyers will overpay with picks/prospects, but not established players. Even adding a bunch to AA now won't get what we want, unless it is a team at the bottom end looking to jettison a rich contract in the midst of their tank job. I am beginning to think the same argument applies to any of our current roster players rumored for trades (Cam, Calvert, Tyuts). The only exception would be a bottom feeder tanking team wanting AA or anyone else in exchange for jettisoning an "excessive" contract or a player not in their rebuild plans (e.g. TOR and Kessel, whom I do NOT want). Even then, AA's cap hit makes the cap space swap not that great for a trading partner.
It looks more and more to me like CBJ's deals will be centered around draft-time, and who knows who will be availabe and who we will be willing to trade after 2 more months of our play and SC playoffs

Agreed. I don't expect an Anisimov deal at the deadline unless there is a massive overpayment by someone (which could happen). I expect moves on the blueline at the deadline as the prices are generally at the highest then.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I don't see this team offering Asinimov a $3.5-4 million per year deal, so I think he's gone by the TD.

I don't imagine that the CBJ will get all that much in return.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I don't see this team offering Asinimov a $3.5-4 million per year deal, so I think he's gone by the TD.

I don't imagine that the CBJ will get all that much in return.
You might be surprised. The only centers rumored to be on the market that are better than Arty are Vermette and Bozak. We all know Vermette would likely command a 1st and a good prospect in this market.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
You might be surprised. The only centers rumored to be on the market that are better than Arty are Vermette and Bozak. We all know Vermette would likely command a 1st and a good prospect in this market.

Isn't his triceps muscle still not fully recovered?

Vermette fetched a 2nd, 4th and McBackup when he was 3 years younger. Can't see anyone parting with a first for him, but teams do overpay at times, so I guess it's possible.

Thomas Vaneck went for a second and a weak prospect last year at the deadline.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com

Vermette fetched a 2nd, 4th and McBackup when he was 3 years younger. Can't see anyone parting with a first for him, but teams do overpay at times, so I guess it's possible.

Fair. The asking price from GM Don Maloney would be a 1st and a good prospect. We'll see what he actually fetches.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008

When Vermette was traded, he had 8 goals in 60 games and what looked like his 65-point offensive breakthrough looked like an anomaly.

Don't forget that the same year, Paul Gaustad was traded with a 4th-rounder for a 1st-rounder. Forwards with anything resembling defensive acumen tend to go for inflated prices at the deadline, so I don't see a reason why Vermette wouldn't get a 1st this year.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
When Vermette was traded, he had 8 goals in 60 games and what looked like his 65-point offensive breakthrough looked like an anomaly.

Don't forget that the same year, Paul Gaustad was traded with a 4th-rounder for a 1st-rounder. Forwards with anything resembling defensive acumen tend to go for inflated prices at the deadline, so I don't see a reason why Vermette wouldn't get a 1st this year.

How high a first round pick would you think that he'd get?

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
How high a first round pick would you think that he'd get?

Depends on who wants him (playoff team anyway) and whether there are other parts of the package as well.

I can see something like a 1st and a 4th, with possibly a C-level prospect from Arizona thrown in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad