LeBrun: Columbus Exploring a Quick Trade

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009

I wonder about Calgary. Their goalies have been awful, and Quick was Sutter's guy before.

I get the connection - but the solution is not to bring in one of the very few guy's who has actually managed to be significantly worse than Markstrom.

If they want to send us Quick @ 50% + our 3rd back for Vladar that could make sense as it free's up a spot for Dustin Wolf next year.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
I was under impression even at 50% he had negative value. I guess you can talk yourself into him as a postseason backup who would be motivated and can handle the spotlight in case your starter got pulled?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Oilers should trade for him with 50% retention. They're probably going to face LA in the 1st round and Quick will be motivated to show up his old team.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I get the connection - but the solution is not to bring in one of the very few guy's who has actually managed to be significantly worse than Markstrom.

If they want to send us Quick @ 50% + our 3rd back for Vladar that could make sense as it free's up a spot for Dustin Wolf next year.
We've got Tarasov coming along, so I don't think that works for us.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
What about Ottawa with Talbot apparently turning down contract extension? Or do they just see what they have in Sogard ?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
My thoughts too. Maybe the Avs with Francouz out? Florida with Knight out? Vegas with all their goalie injuries? Seattle?
Florida is unlikely. No cap space so would need 75% retention. We're just going to ride Bob until he dies.

Not obvious Quick is better than Lyon in regular season and playoffs is too dubious. I'd only

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Ideally this would have been agreed to before the trade with Columbus retaining 50% and the Kings paying a 5th for someone to retain the other 25%

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Here's a question. Why would anyone want an expensive, bad goalie? Seems like a given that no one will give up an asset for him, even retained.

What does Columbus owe him? They shouldn't feel compelled to give something up just to get rid of him. If he's pissed and doesn't wanna move to Columbus for a month, he can not report/retire, the Bluejackets don't have to pay him, and everyone's happy.

Reactions: DJA

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
ducks should give up a 7th round pick for him if gibson is dealt. he'd ensure they end up with a top 3 pick and seeing him in a ducks jersey would be hilarious

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00