Post-Game Talk: Columbus discovers DUCHENE in Kanata, Fri 7:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
What is your over/under for total goals by Senators between now and the end of the season? I'll go with 31 (excluding Belleville).

I'll go over just on youthful exuberance.

I'll also go over on goals against...regardless of where the line is set.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Wouldn't you rather your top prospects gets valuable playoff experience than play BS games in the NHL?

I lean towards yes but at the same time they have played some really good hockey in the AHL and deserve the opportunity to see how they would do in the NHL. If they perform well I think staying in the NHL would be best for them moving forward. With the number of call ups being limited after the deadline, these next two games are probably the best time to evaluate where they should be to close out the season.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I lean towards yes but at the same time they have played some really good hockey in the AHL and deserve the opportunity to see how they would do in the NHL. If they perform well I think staying in the NHL would be best for them moving forward. With the number of call ups being limited after the deadline, these next two games are probably the best time to evaluate where they should be to close out the season.
Two games I can handle until we get back some other players, just really want to see belleville get some playoff experience

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Honest question what is there to not whine about ?

There's plenty to be upset about, but personally i find a lot of what people get upset about to be insignificant. Like certain players attending practice or certain players not playing the AHL.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

Why would it be best for them to play out the rest of the year on a terrible team, playing meaningless games in a toxic environment, surrounded by veterans who have already checked out and a coach who's a dead man walking?

That's better than playing meaningful games in the AHL, where they're actually seeing success?

Reactions: HF Reader

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Two games I can handle until we get back some other players, just really want to see belleville get some playoff experience

I too would like to see Belleville play some playoff hockey but if Brown and Batherson show they can perform in the NHL i think spending the rest of the season in the NHL could be just as beneficial if not more.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
There's plenty to be upset about, but personally i find a lot of what people get upset about to be insignificant. Like certain players attending practice or certain players not playing the AHL.

Well when managament stops doing stupid things people will stop. Bringing up 2 of the teams best players to join this dumpster fire is pretty stupid imo.

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada
If there's something to whine about you guys will find it. Bravo.
I's a mistake, who are you to accuse others of whining?
The GM has no clue what he's doing, what do you expect people to post here when he's making one of his countless mistakes?

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I love when we bring up our top prospects who are enjoying success in Belleville where they’ll be injected into a losing culture and expected to replace offence lost with the Stone, Duchene and Dzingel trades! GO SENS GO!!!

Reactions: Beville

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada
Don't you derive yourself of your own thinking when you do that?
People are upset because it could mean the scratched players from yesterday will leave for pennies on the dollar, not taking this into consideration is kind of...not smart?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Well when managament stops doing stupid things people will stop. Bringing up 2 of the teams best players to join this dumpster fire is pretty stupid imo.

If the players are ready it's fairly insignificant imo. But the logic behind whether players should be in the AHL or NHL varies based on how it suits HF Sen's narrative. This subject has been discussed countless times with the overwhelming majority swaying their opinion back and forth based on how they can frame it.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
PD with his back against the wall, what a surprise and somehow the majority on this board predicted it.

I'm not following. PD has his back up against the wall because of a league wide rule.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
CBJ have come to spread the nuclear holocaust to Ottawa. We’re going to get dick slapped.

And we’re gping to inject two of our best prospects into the ultimate losing culture.

Oh well, at least they’ll be gone in a few years when we can’t afford them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad