GDT: @Columbus Blue Jackets

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Who gives a f***, though?

These are the same fans that booed their own team scoring goals and cheered when they lost games in 2015. Their own players shit on them. Eichel's teammates have said good things about him.

They acted over the top shitty and pathetic the entire game and he gave it back to them, so what?

And you said you didn't believe it and now you believe it? Or you're just worried about what bitter, terrible fans have to say? You think that has any bearing on what hypothetical future players would do?

I'm so confused why this matters at all.
I’m seeing Knights fans repeat what Sharks fans have been saying for years about their coaches. I’ve seen Knights fans repeat what Canadians fans said about Pacioretty. Etc.

When we get new players I do look at what other fans have to say, especially the fans that watched that player for years. When we got Stone I saw a lot of positive comments about him and they turned out to be pretty accurate.

I don’t get why the comments from fans that watched a player for years should all be dismissed so quickly. Fans have come here before and asked for opinions on players we traded to their team.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Once again that certainly did not look like a team that has quit on it's coach. I feel like if that was the case they could have easily packed it in at 5-2.

Just too many stupid stupid stupid plays early and they couldn't dig themselves out of the hole. Namely Petro not stopping the pass on the Laine goal and Theo not playing even pee wee hockey levels of D when he chased behind the net on the first Sillinger goal.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Just saw someone in the media already write that we are 4-8-1 with Eichel. No mention of injuries of course. No mention that Eichel scored.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Injuries are not an excuse, but I think Reilly Smith's price has gone way up, he is sorely missed, as is by the way McNabb.

Frankly, at this point I've never seen worse third and fourth lines. Doubt our fourth line would be a first line in the AHL. Rjongberg, Leschyshen (maybe spelled wrong), Amadio, Koleslaw, Coughlan not scaring anyone. And our style of throwing it around the perimeter looking for the perfect pass or shot isn't any sort of winning strategy.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I’m seeing Knights fans repeat what Sharks fans have been saying for years about their coaches. I’ve seen Knights fans repeat what Canadians fans said about Pacioretty. Etc.

When we get new players I do look at what other fans have to say, especially the fans that watched that player for years. When we got Stone I saw a lot of positive comments about him and they turned out to be pretty accurate.

I don’t get why the comments from fans that watched a player for years should all be dismissed so quickly. Fans have come here before and asked for opinions on players we traded to their team.
In general, fans don't really know much so their comments can be dismissed. Especially when they're too wrapped in emotions.

Pens fans told us Fleury shit the bed every playoffs. Sens fans didn't mention Stone absolutely disappears when it's crunch time in the playoffs. Rangers fans told us Howden was a useless good for nothing lump on the ice.

Buffalo fans also can't be objective about Eichel anymore. So, he is the problem despite recording 355 points in 375 games, playing while hurt at times and shouldering the C in an organization that didn't put a serious effort to win and surrounded him with garbage while he was there? Or for wanting a surgery that would give him a better quality of life?

He isn't even wearing a letter here. So any questions about amorphous, imagined "leadership" deficits wouldn't matter.

But your first post I responded to was just a weird, rambling stream of consciousness that went in this direction and that direction and didn't make any sense. It was very odd.

Players won't want to play with Eichel because they think nearly ppg centers can't win cups for some reason, like how unnamed NFL players fit in somehow but you don't believe these fans but still think we'll miss out on players? Or players would troll obscure forums for random, angry, unkowledgeable Sabres fans opinions on Eichel before coming to Vegas and factor those in their decision?

I trust what the guys who play with him say, I trust what past hockey players have said about how good he is, I trust former Sabres players who didn't like playing in Buffalo, even criticizing their fans.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Well my vacation hasn't helped.
On the bright side, we won't lose tomorrow.

optimistic-malcolm-in-the-middle.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad