GDT: @Columbus Blue Jackets

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
1647165567087.png

Me after the upgrade lost the last 3 days or so worth of posts.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Big thumbs up to upgrade - much easier to navigate. Hope we get lots more posters. Will be DVR'ing todays game.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Big thumbs up to upgrade - much easier to navigate. Hope we get lots more posters. Will be DVR'ing todays game.

I'd post a lot more here if every other post wasn't FIRE DEBOER or LEHNER SUCKS.

Would also help if the mobile site wasn't complete trash. When I'm at Tmobile the threads don't even update for me most of the time.

Reactions: Vegan Knight

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Losing a couple of recent threads is annoying because I was going to respond to something.

I made some comment about players possibly not wanting to come to Vegas because they might not want to play with Eichel. Someone else responded that it’s not going to be a factor and players will consider the money, place to live, chances of winning, etc.

I think that’s more likely if Eichel wasn’t a star player. But when he is arguably your best player I do think it can be a factor. Especially if he is labeled as a team cancer and a loser. I think it’s bs but I’m already seeing a bunch of people joke about how losing seems to follow him, repeat that he never played in a playoff game, etc.

I know in the NFL I’ve seen players make comments like “I don’t want to play with that quarterback because I’m not confident the team will win with that guy leading the team.” I don’t see why it’s much different in hockey with your star player.

I thought Eichel looked bad in that recent interview and it’s disturbing to see Buffalo fans see that and say “Yup that’s the Eichel we know.” Compare that to the reception Fleury gets. Who would players prefer to play with?

Hopefully the team at least makes the playoffs this year so people can shut up about him never making the playoffs. I’m hoping that he is a better person than fans give him credit for and is so talented that he helps us win so players are attracted to Vegas even more instead of turned off.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I'd post a lot more here if every other post wasn't FIRE DEBOER or LEHNER SUCKS.

Would also help if the mobile site wasn't complete trash. When I'm at Tmobile the threads don't even update for me most of the time.

Fire the coach is probably repeated over and over again on almost every board. I’ve seen a team win multiple championships with a coach and there was still complaining about the coach and suggestions that another coach would win (and even do better) with the same players.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Losing a couple of recent threads is annoying because I was going to respond to something.

I made some comment about players possibly not wanting to come to Vegas because they might not want to play with Eichel. Someone else responded that it’s not going to be a factor and players will consider the money, place to live, chances of winning, etc.

I think that’s more likely if Eichel wasn’t a star player. But when he is arguably your best player I do think it can be a factor. Especially if he is labeled as a team cancer and a loser. I think it’s bs but I’m already seeing a bunch of people joke about how losing seems to follow him, repeat that he never played in a playoff game, etc.

I know in the NFL I’ve seen players make comments like “I don’t want to play with that quarterback because I’m not confident the team will win with that guy leading the team.” I don’t see why it’s much different in hockey with your star player.

I thought Eichel looked bad in that recent interview and it’s disturbing to see Buffalo fans see that and say “Yup that’s the Eichel we know.” Compare that to the reception Fleury gets. Who would players prefer to play with?

Hopefully the team at least makes the playoffs this year so people can shut up about him never making the playoffs. I’m hoping that he is a better person than fans give him credit for and is so talented that he helps us win so players are attracted to Vegas even more instead of turned off.
WTF is this post even about? You've gone so far in your own head what's come out is nonsensical.

Last edited:

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
WTF is this post even about? You've gone so far in your own head what's come out is nonsensical.

That was my reaction when Eichel trashed the Sabres fans. And this is a key guy we’re relying on to get a cup (or even make the playoffs at this point).

What is my post about? It’s about comments I’ve seen from Buffalo fans, the people that watched him for 7 years. Look around at what other people are saying. Until he starts winning there are always going to be questions about him being a cancer to the team.

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The team has quit on the coach.

They are so bad that i can see them losing every remaining games.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Buffalo is 26 points out of a playoff spot again this year and hasn't made the playoffs in a decade. Perhaps terrible ownership, management and coaching is a known carcinogen :dunno: See also O'Reilly, Ryan.

This is true, and I think people can overreact and think I was saying he is a cancer even though I didn’t. I just brought it up as a possibility. Hopefully it’s total bs (and it probably is bs).

I’ve seen a bunch of comments from fans saying “Ha, Eichel is with a better organization and still won’t make the playoffs.” Of course they’re ignoring the injuries, some would say it’s our coaching.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
That was my reaction when Eichel trashed the Sabres fans. And this is a key guy we’re relying on to get a cup (or even make the playoffs at this point).

What is my post about? It’s about comments I’ve seen from Buffalo fans, the people that watched him for 7 years. Look around at what other people are saying. Until he starts winning there are always going to be questions about him being a cancer to the team.
Who gives a f***, though?

These are the same fans that booed their own team scoring goals and cheered when they lost games in 2015. Their own players shit on them. Eichel's teammates have said good things about him.

They acted over the top shitty and pathetic the entire game and he gave it back to them, so what?

And you said you didn't believe it and now you believe it? Or you're just worried about what bitter, terrible fans have to say? You think that has any bearing on what hypothetical future players would do?

I'm so confused why this matters at all.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
That should be a penalty shot.

But it's not because the refs need to penalize us for scoring on the last PP. Got to get things back to normal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad