GDT: Columbus Blue Jackets vs New Jersey Devils: Close Hallcounters of the Nico Kind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I feel like this is debatable.

He can look like a decent fourth liner at times.

He does suck, but he doesn't do anything that really costs the team. Obviously, that's setting a really low bar, but when you're hit with injuries like now, he's an improvement over run of the mill AHL players.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

He does suck, but he doesn't do anything that really costs the team. Obviously, that's setting a really low bar, but when you're hit with injuries like now, he's an improvement over run of the mill AHL players.
i'll give him this - he sure can be effective... if he just stands in front of the net to screen.

he did that once, recently, when we had a ton of zone control, and i actually felt something close to endearment

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

giphy.gif

palek1019

Oct 7, 2017
thats insane! also makes me think if he can get into the playoffs he will have a whole other gear that he hasn't used
I can't wait until we see Hall in the playoffs. He's going to be so pumped up.

Let's get that damn win and create some separation. I'll be there. Would love to be 1-0 at Prucenter.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

I think his lack of speed costs the team a fair bit. He loses a ton of puck battles, especially in our own zone, because he just flat out can't get there in time. We get hemmed in our zone a fair bit while he's out there because of it.

I was mostly joking, he is probably a "passable" NHL-er but he just grazes that bar. And he seems to be good in the locker room so I guess that's neat.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Where can I find it, I would like to see it:laugh:

Never mind I found it from Highlights, poor Sami... But hello everyone, I am new here and this is my first post here, even though I have been following the conversation ever since Vatanen joined the team. The last two years haven't been the best periods in Sami´s career, but I really hope that he will find his game again as a Devil. And usually Vatanen performs better when the spring comes, so I think there will be better times ahead of us. But I also hope that he will focus on his skating and his speed next summer, then he would be a real asset.

Welcome welcome.

Vats has added an element to our D that we sorely needed so I don’t mind the every once in a while screw up in the D zone. He’s a top 4 keeper.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Still find it funny how Hall disses Vatanen’s hug attempt :laugh:
Haha I saw that, but when you see it from the other angle Hall reaches out and grabs him on his way past, kinda like a "No no, come this way, all the hugs are over here."

njdevils19

Jan 11, 2007
Northern NJ
Nice! I think our team confuses other fan bases becaus if you only look at stats we are just Hall. The injuries and stretches of bad goaltending make the Devils look easier to play against then it is. Bewildering them all when they lose. I love reading other teams GDTs.

Do they end up figuring it out or do they walk away thinking Hall beat them?

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
this would be a huge 4 points here. LGD, win in regulation please and thank you

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I'm actually concerned about tonight... we gave up 50 shots/6 goals against these guys last time. We gave up 91 in our last two. The lowest total was 27 against Boston, and the other games were high-30s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad