GDT: Columbus Blue Jackets at Carolina Hurricanes, 11/26@ 5:00ET Ballys/ESPN+

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Vincent is a terrible coach for this team. I think the roster is actually better than its record but Vincent tactically can't close games in the NHL. He won't be fired until the end of this season because the team is paying 2 other HCs. What a mess.
We play great for 2 and a half periods, Carolina factually doesn't have chances, while we have a young team and worse FO, especially Fantilli. Then comes one mistake by Boqvist and two by Gudbranson. Do you think it's Vincent's mistake?
By the way, we have the second best PK in the league.
Regarding the PP. To me, the problem is that nobody is going to change the PP Units. Why isn't Werenski playing with Gaudreau on the left and Boqvist with Laine on the right?
To Johnny, he has problems under forchecking.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Waive Peeke, call up Blankenburg and scratch Bean/Gudbranson. Dont care who, just hold someone accountable that actually deserves it. Hilarious Vincent will do it for Gaudreau/Laine but wont touch the defensemen, he is legitimately just a bad coach. Such a shame
Unfortunate reality is that they want big guys, so they wont call up Blanks. Under the current management, any fixes to 3rd pair issues will have come from outside the organization.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
1 goal lead going into the last 5 minutes of a game. Degenerate gambler CBJ fans, are you taking advantage of what we know about this team? What kind of odds are the sports books giving the other team in that situation?
Attempting to, yes. I play with such small bets that the end result usually ends up at a net zero at the end of the season (except last year where I won big because of the team's ineptitude to lose the important games at the end, lol).

My problem is that I get a bit "unlucky", meaning that every time I think "oh I should put in a new bet", either something happens on the ice (like Carolina's first goal) or the betting sites have one of those "we're taking a moment to think about what odds we want to give you". So when it was 2-0 I only ended up putting in a couple of small bets, and then a few more at 2-1. I'm not a good gambler, should be way more methodical especially knowing the team and how sure I was that Carolina's going to tie it up...

But yeah takes a bit of the sting away anyway.

Reactions: koteka

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Hopefully this loss is what it takes to get them to abandon the turtle. Or maybe it takes us closer to that.

You'll notice that when the opponents press hard on us, there is zero counter threat. They don't have to worry about odd man rushes or stretch passes against because we're not trying to do that, they can just go harlem globetrotters on us.

I'm hoping Vincent is just trying to instill patience in our defensive game, and that this isn't literally what he wants them to do from now on.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
They learned a new skill, lose from a 2 goal lead in the 3rd.

How you don’t even come out of that with a point is truly pathetic, but given the team we are talking about just what you’d expect.

Just stop being so pathetic in the 3rd please

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Vincent is a terrible coach for this team. I think the roster is actually better than its record but Vincent tactically can't close games in the NHL. He won't be fired until the end of this season because the team is paying 2 other HCs. What a mess.

Of course the roster is better than the record they have.

They don’t have the worst roster in the league, they are just playing like it. That’s why this is so infuriating.
Multiple teams with worse rosters are playing better than them

This is why I was in the favour of a veteran coach to help them get to the next level and find stability

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Babcock extricated himself from this mess in the only way he knew would work and now, seemingly, Vincent is doing it in a way he figures might work. Just a thrown dart theory on my part but it sure as heck looks like he self sabotages his own game plans or he's just incompetent at the NHL level.

Mysterious coaching is some sort of disease in ohio. Especially this weekend.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Attempting to, yes. I play with such small bets that the end result usually ends up at a net zero at the end of the season (except last year where I won big because of the team's ineptitude to lose the important games at the end, lol).

My problem is that I get a bit "unlucky", meaning that every time I think "oh I should put in a new bet", either something happens on the ice (like Carolina's first goal) or the betting sites have one of those "we're taking a moment to think about what odds we want to give you". So when it was 2-0 I only ended up putting in a couple of small bets, and then a few more at 2-1. I'm not a good gambler, should be way more methodical especially knowing the team and how sure I was that Carolina's going to tie it up...

But yeah takes a bit of the sting away anyway.
@koteka oh yeah forgot to say, the odds were roughly x9.50 when it was 2-0 (or that's what I got for my measly 1 euro bet lol). So I put in 1 euro and got 9.50 euros back after the Canes won it. This particular bet was including OT, the "Carolina wins in regular time" odds were something like x16.00 or better at the highest point. I tend to hedge my bets a bit by playing the "CAR wins or a tie" or "CAR wins including OT" kind of bets if we're leading towards the end of the game. Most times the opposing team only ties it up and then wins in OT, this Carolina feat is pretty rare even against the Jackets in my opinion...

Reactions: koteka

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
You'll notice that when the opponents press hard on us, there is zero counter threat. They don't have to worry about odd man rushes or stretch passes against because we're not trying to do that, they can just go harlem globetrotters on us.
We are literally the Washington Generals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad