GDT: Columbus at Tampa Bay - 1/10/23 @ 7:00PM. “Official” GDT Thread

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Is Laine injured again? He didn't injured part of the third period. Or said something to Lars?

Last edited:

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
6-3 end. I've got your positives and negatives right here:

Positive: Elvis wasn't the reason for the loss.

Negative: Elvis wasn't the reason for the loss.

On a more serious note, not a bad tank loss. We continued to battle until the end, even had some chances there. This was a tough matchup and we didn't embarrass ourselves.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I do think people are overly mean and harsh to Rimer but that goal call was hilarious

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Laine has as much confidence like me before writing math.

The first line out, Did it play or not?

• Haha
Reactions: LJ7

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Jokes aside, it’s been pretty funny that Marchenko has been our best goal scorer since coming from the A and playing 11-13 minutes a night
Better matchups. If he's out there with the first or second line he's going to be seeing tougher matchups. He gets pushed down and Larsen is trying to allow him to get more looks against lesser opponents. Gets his confidence going, but on the flip side Johnny and KJ need a body like Marchenkos on their line.

Now that I think about it

Gaudreau - Johnson - Jenner

Would be a really good line. Jenner takes the draw and moves to wing, KJ takes the other responsibilities until he's capable of hovering in the 40% for FO. They NEED some size and physicality on their line or they are constantly gonna get bodied up.

Reactions: Fro

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

Implying Johnny is complaining about his centers? I have no idea how the question was worded

I think it's Larsen holding him accountable for not driving the offense. I'm starting to think those comments awhile ago about veterans not being held accountable were at least partially about Johnny.

Larsen is trying to send a message, if you're not going to give a 100%, I'm going to give that time to those who will.

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio

Implying Johnny is complaining about his centers? I have no idea how the question was worded

Okay this pisses me off. Larsen is calling players out now after his coaching has been amateurish. Now he is going to the media about players because his seat is getting hot. Not a way to win over players.

I would venture to guess Johnny Hockey could coach this team better than Larsen. Also seems to me he was producing all of those years and now Larsen acts like he can coach him better and wants Johnny to shoulder the whole team. When his exact words in the beginning of the season he said he didn’t want him to shoulder the load for the entire team.

Reactions: I3LI3

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad