Proposal: Columbus 1st round pick + for a 1C

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
If you can lock up Laine for 5+ years, that's a real good start. If you can get a legitimate 1C who wants to stick around for that 1st rounder and a crumb, incredible. I dont see the latter happening!

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
First off that package does not land you Eichel in my mind, it's far too light in assets that help the Sabres. Secondly the top 5 pick is a bit of a red herring because the lottery odds would have them picking 6th most likely so for the most valuable piece of the trade to be a suggestion of a top 5 pick isn't really accurate. Thirdly, this years draft is being considered a weak class so to compare the unknow pick to players that have improved their stock since being drafted (Turcotte had a very good WJC and produced very well for a player in their first year of the AHL) seems like there are a lot of assumptions.

As for the other pieces (not the pick), Texier will more than likely be a 2nd line W in the NHL, not a worthless piece, but not enough to get the Sabres excited, Korpisalo is a sub-par NHL starter in his last season before free agency - so again not really a piece that would entice the Sabres to move Eichel. The rest of the proposal is difficult to address since it's just +prospects....sorta vague.

Elite centers will require so much more than the 5/6 pick that the + actually becomes more prohibitive for CBJ. The kind of players available for that pick with only a one-good-piece add will all have issues that will make Columbus balk.

I think the value is “in between” for top pick plus.

If Eichel is perfectly healthy I agree.

But if it's Eichel that needs surgery or serious rehab, it most definitely affects his value.

All that being said, I think CBJ get outbid for him.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Sadly enough I think a 3-way deal between Buffalo-Columbus-LA would be good for all teams. Something with the bases of...

Columbus gets Eichel
LA gets Werenski
Buffalo gets prospects and Picks

Not everything in the trade but just a base

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Sadly enough I think a 3-way deal between Buffalo-Columbus-LA would be good for all teams. Something with the bases of...

Columbus gets Eichel
LA gets Werenski
Buffalo gets prospects and Picks

Not everything in the trade but just a base

I think that's a great concept, though I'm not sure we'll find agreement on the particulars.

Buffalo gets Turcotte and 2 2nds from L.A., + the Jackets 5th/6th OA pick.

That what you had in mind?

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
I think that's a great concept, though I'm not sure we'll find agreement on the particulars.

Buffalo gets Turcotte and 2 2nds from L.A., + the Jackets 5th/6th OA pick.

That what you had in mind?

No. Haven't really looked into more additions to the trade. Just was looking at a base deal. Can't really fine tune multiple team trades without knowing the full values of guys, but values here aren't really realistic to fans. We all value our guys more than others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad