Recalled/Assigned: Colton Sissons

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
this is awesome news!

i know we're battling injuries but i can't help but wonder if this is a thing to stay the rest of the season so we can make some more moves...

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
this is awesome news!

i know we're battling injuries but i can't help but wonder if this is a thing to stay the rest of the season so we can make some more moves...

We ran with 11 forwards last night and it didn't go very well. We need another body for sure. Will be nice to see Sissons but I am surprised that Watson or moser didn't get the call first. Hopefully he will play and not just ride the bench...

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
We ran with 11 forwards last night and it didn't go very well. We need another body for sure. Will be nice to see Sissons but I am surprised that Watson or moser didn't get the call first. Hopefully he will play and not just ride the bench...

Sissons from what i've heard has been the best forward in MIL. made all-star game. i hope he plays too. And yeah I saw the 11 forwards, but you never know.

and can anyone explain to me why ekholm dressed last night and saw one shift, and with 30 seconds left??

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Would be more excited about this if Trotz wasn't still around. With Trotz, who knows if he'll get Cluned, Ekholmed or Becked. Maybe Trotz will surprise us with his wacko ice time/line mates and it will forever be known as getting Sissoned.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
It seems as if the whole team has been passing around the flu. Trotz is a lot off things, but if he only played Eckholm for a minute, I bet he was ill.

Is there a minimum number of people you have to dress for a game?

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
If Sissons dresses depends on who, if anyone, gets healthy before game time. He's called up in case we are still short forwards tomorrow night ... not as a guaranteed start. Best case we get 12 healthy forwards dressed and don't spend a the entire game a man short again.

Cluned? Is that where you put a 4th line agitator on the 4th line in an energy/pest role?

Is "Becked" where a player is called up before a road trip so there is a warm body in case of sickness or injury then he gets put in when a roster player is then sick or injured ... getting over 15 minutes of ES time in the process?

It doesn't seem anyone is injured to the point where IR is an option and if it is the flu, when the symptoms appeared is crucial ... if it was Friday night there was time to activate a player and get them to Edmonton ... if it was late Saturday night or Sunday morning flight availability and timing come into play (no non-stops from Milwuakee to Edmonton, only three flights arriving before 5pm ... two of them departing before 7am).

wentz22

Nov 21, 2013
If Sissons dresses depends on who, if anyone, gets healthy before game time. He's called up in case we are still short forwards tomorrow night ... not as a guaranteed start. Best case we get 12 healthy forwards dressed and don't spend a the entire game a man short again.

Cluned? Is that where you put a 4th line agitator on the 4th line in an energy/pest role?

Is "Becked" where a player is called up before a road trip so there is a warm body in case of sickness or injury then he gets put in when a roster player is then sick or injured ... getting over 15 minutes of ES time in the process?

It doesn't seem anyone is injured to the point where IR is an option and if it is the flu, when the symptoms appeared is crucial ... if it was Friday night there was time to activate a player and get them to Edmonton ... if it was late Saturday night or Sunday morning flight availability and timing come into play (no non-stops from Milwuakee to Edmonton, only three flights arriving before 5pm ... two of them departing before 7am).

Finally a logical thinker, I agree 100% with all of the above.

Its the same as the people who want to blame our pk problems on not having Klein. But if you compare the 3 games we havn't had Klein (5G on 13pk's) and the last 3 that he was wearing our colors for. (3G on 7pk's) The conversion rate is almost identical.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
It seems as if the whole team has been passing around the flu. Trotz is a lot off things, but if he only played Eckholm for a minute, I bet he was ill.

Is there a minimum number of people you have to dress for a game?

Have they never heard of the flu shot?

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
So excited for this kid! Have followed him through junior, happy to see him get his opportunity. (hopefully not just a healthy scratch)

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
So excited for this kid! Have followed him through junior, happy to see him get his opportunity. (hopefully not just a healthy scratch)

Perhaps your not familiar with Barry Trotz. The only opportunity he will get is 6 minutes of ice time and Trotz will deem his game not detailed enough, and if he doesn't get a hat trick in his 6 minutes he will be considered not an offensive threat.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
you guys getting excited haha.. doubtful he gets ice time at all. if he does, its with talentless hacks that we have spread throughout our lines. when he doesn't score with dickie clune, he will be deemed not ready (probably not) and won't see him till maybe next year. details, details, details. backcheck, defense, backcheck, clune loses the puck.

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
you guys getting excited haha.. doubtful he gets ice time at all. if he does, its with talentless hacks that we have spread throughout our lines. when he doesn't score with dickie clune, he will be deemed not ready (probably not) and won't see him till maybe next year. details, details, details. backcheck, defense, backcheck, clune loses the puck.

And don't forget, we can all justify his time on the fourth line by saying that he needs to EARN that time on other lines.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Perhaps your not familiar with Barry Trotz. The only opportunity he will get is 6 minutes of ice time and Trotz will deem his game not detailed enough, and if he doesn't get a hat trick in his 6 minutes he will be considered not an offensive threat.
Hopefully a goal won't be scored against when he's on the ice then he will be deemed a defensive liability. Young kids stand no chance on this team anymore.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Yep ... Jones gets no ice time. Maz never saw a game. Beck didn't play significant minutes last game in spite of his undisciplined play. FF made just one tiny error in his play ... no more. Kids never get to play.

:shakehead

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Sissons from what i've heard has been the best forward in MIL. He made all-star game. i hope he plays too. And yeah I saw the 11 forwards, but you never know.

and can anyone explain to me why ekholm dressed last night and saw one shift, and with 30 seconds left??

You heard correctly. Sissons can play in any situation. He shows his skills, speed, accuracy and checking ability when he needs to, not all of the time. This leads to him surprising the other team when they can't catch him, for example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad