Colorado's domination

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015

Horrible. We bleed scoring chances against just like the picture shows. 1st in slot & cycle chances against, what an overrated group of bums. Going to choke in the first round in a game 7.

My internet research shows that this group has not gone all the way despite having one full season as a contender, clear sign of mental weakness.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Byram's getting a little overrated I think. He's not a top 4 guy yet. Sure he's a rock defensively and he's shattering his rookie expectations but he's made a minimal impact in the offensive zone. I mean it's pretty clear that he will be a stud and his play away in the Dzone and neutral zone is tremendous but he's not a top 4 yet.

IDK about that, Byram was playing amazing and becoming a breakout machine before his injury. I agree he’s focusing more on this defensive play right now and his offense is going to need some work but he’s easily a top four already in my opinion. Blows my mind he’s doing this as a 19 year old.

The injury hurt. Two weeks of not playing, you can tell he’s trying to get back in his groove. It probably doesn’t help he keeps getting banged up every game. I thought for sure he was concussed in that last game for Vegas, but he was at optional skate yesterday.

He does need to work on his strength over the summer. Not just for his slapper but he wants to play like Pronger out there at 19 he’s just not strong enough for it yet.

I believe, even on the Avs who are one of the deeper defenses in the league, Byram is a clear top 4 guy. With McDonald injured I’m sure we’ll see a Byram - Girard pairing today.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
tenor.gif

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
Remember when Vegas was giving fits to many teams with their forecheck and being a fast team?

Colorado makes them look slow.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I think that was a great measuring stick mini-series between the Avs and Vegas.

Both teams had one game where they weren't very good, and it wasn't just about what the other team was doing, but they had a similar pattern losing to a mediocre team on the road, bouncing back strong at home (Vegas did it against the Blues) and then letting the sloppiness/low energy creep back in the following game. I don't know what it is, but that seems to happen quite often in situations like this.

So as even of a playing field as you can get in terms of that. Avs won their game 5-1, Vegas 3-2 in OT. So i think my conclusion is that the Avs are a bit better, it feels like Vegas has a tougher time cracking the nut when they have the momentum, it's more hustle, winning 1 on 1's and throwing pucks on net rather than fluent domination where the team looks like a machine like the Avs do.

But at the end of the day both teams won. Could very well be a reflection of how a playoff series would go. Avs spank them a couple times yet the series still goes to 7 games. Vegas have a ton of character.

Although i will say regardless of how the teams play Mac vs Wild Bill is a big advantage.. other looks like something could happen almost every shift. Wild Bill i hardly notice out there. Tough to win a 7 game series like that. Which is why i'll say it until someone proves me wrong, no great 1C no cup.

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
I think that was a great measuring stick mini-series between the Avs and Vegas.

Both teams had one game where they weren't very good, and it wasn't just about what the other team was doing, but they had a similar pattern losing to a mediocre team on the road, bouncing back strong at home (Vegas did it against the Blues) and then letting the sloppiness/low energy creep back in the following game. I don't know what it is, but that seems to happen quite often in situations like this.

So as even of a playing field as you can get in terms of that. Avs won their game 5-1, Vegas 3-2 in OT. So i think my conclusion is that the Avs are a bit better, it feels like Vegas has a tougher time cracking the nut when they have the momentum, it's more hustle, winning 1 on 1's and throwing pucks on net rather than fluent domination where the team looks like a machine like the Avs do.

But at the end of the day both teams won. Could very well be a reflection of how a playoff series would go. Avs spank them a couple times yet the series still goes to 7 games. Vegas have a ton of character.

Although i will say regardless of how the teams play Mac vs Wild Bill is a big advantage.. other looks like something could happen almost every shift. Wild Bill i hardly notice out there. Tough to win a 7 game series like that. Which is why i'll say it until someone proves me wrong, no great 1C no cup.
Very good take. I would agree about everything. Colorado would be favourites against eevrybody in west for sure, but if Vegas beats them it wouldn't be a big surprise. 60-40 probably is pretty close.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Remember when Vegas was giving fits to many teams with their forecheck and being a fast team?

Colorado makes them look slow.
Have you jumped off the Avalanche bandwagon yet?;) Warned you that Vegas was going to be a big problem for them.

Reactions: Macheteops

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad