Pre-Game Talk: Colorado @ Toronto - Dec 1 - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
High volume shooting team with questionable goaltending.
Leafs are a bad matchup for this team.
Keep them on the outside, let Soupy handle the peripheral shots and don't be afraid to shoot...they will go in.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I think this is one they lose, they can't win every game.
We win almost errrtime sire.

One thang I know y'all probably don't: Their second gezoalie, Pavel Francouz has been training 100 for a while now, he is making the trip. He might actually play against us or those other fools the game after this one, so be ready to face him or kuemper. If Francouz ain't playing against isus, he might play against the other team after us. Interesting. He hard. Not hard like we is, but still.

Edit: He Francouz is evidently going to the eagles for a conditioning stint first. Then he ready. We safe y'all. Get it.

HogTown06

Jul 20, 2012
Hammonds Plains
McKinnon back tomorrow apparently. Doesn't matter though, Leafs play like they did in the California trip and they are in a position to win pretty much any game.

Go Leafs Go!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
That's the frustrating part about winning so much........you just know there will be a let down (loss) coming soon.
Yep. How they handle that inevitable adversity will be very interesting.

Reactions: glue and Cams

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I think it's going to be the most fun game of the year, at least I hope. Will be attending in person which kinda scares me..Lost the last 3 games I saw live, haven't been to a game since last year vs Dallas, think it was Feb 15th, we lost but played hard. The boys are playing amazing hockey so I feel optimistic. This is going to be a true test. Win or Lose, I want to see what kind of effort/system they play with against a legitimate cup contender. The last month or so has been great, but Colorado is a real elite team. This game has big implications, let's keep the momentum going and get er done.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I think it's going to be the most fun game of the year, at least I hope. Will be attending in person which kinda scares me..Lost the last 3 games I saw live, but the boys are playing amazing hockey. This is going to be a true test. Win or Lose, I want to see what kind of effort/system they play with against a legitimate cup contender. The last month or so has been great, but Colorado is a real elite team. This game has big implications, let's keep the momentum going and get er done.
I found myself not really motivated to attend this year, at least in the first half of the season, but this game and the Oilers were two games I wasn't going to miss. Hopefully the Leafs don't have the West coast hangover many teams go through.

Reactions: AvroArrow

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I actually think the make up of this year's team will handle it well. To me they just seem to have a different swagger to them.
Agree, 100%. Would just love some confirmation.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I have a theory. This resurgence of the team is due to that one person that was hired by MLSE/Shanny/Dubas

The interview I am sure went along the lines of this YouTube clip just replace the Yankees with the Leafs and NYC with Toronto

;)

P.S. Yes I went on a Seinfeld binge yesterday :laugh:

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I found myself not really motivated to attend this year, at least in the first half of the season, but this game and the Oilers were two games I wasn't going to miss. Hopefully the Leafs don't have the West coast hangover many teams go through.

Honestly I felt the same way, I told myself at the start of the year I wouldn't attend after the collapse last year lmao, but here I am again.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Honestly I felt the same way, I told myself at the start of the year I wouldn't attend after the collapse last year lmao, but here I am again.
For me, after last season I just got use to not going.
The drive down, dinner, game, drive home just seems like more of a chore now.

Reactions: MJK and AvroArrow

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
For me, after last season I just got use to not going.
The drive down, dinner, game, drive home just seems like more of a chore now.

I live fairly close to Pearson, the fiance works there as well. We just park and take the train to Union station, it's not too bad. I probably won't go to another game this year, but this match up was too juicy to pass up.

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I live fairly close to Pearson, the fiance works there as well. We just park and take the train to Union station, it's not too bad. I probably won't go to another game this year, but this match up was too juicy to pass up.
I find it cheaper and much more convenient just to drive in myself. Not so much the going into the city but after the game I just want to get home. 7pm game I'm home in Burlington by 10:30 or so.

Reactions: cyris and AvroArrow

D00bis

Jan 15, 2019
Yeah I had to pick between this game and the one vs Edmonton in jan, picked Edmonton I haven’t seen mcjesus in person yet and have seen McKinnon before a few times

Reactions: Pinto and ACC1224

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
The first home game after a West coast trip is usually tough. Hopefully we continue the hot streak, but I wouldn't be surprised if we come out a bit flat for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad