GDT: Colorado @ Montreal | October 18th, 5PM MT | We need Roy to play in net

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
"I'll take 100 percent responsibility," Duchene said after the Avs lost 3-2 to superstar defenseman P.K. Subban (two goals) and the Habs. "I got one (goal) at the end there but I should have had more. More than one has to go in for me tonight. I take full responsibility. My job is to score and make plays and help this team win. Carey Price played well but I have to be looser around the net."

yup.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Duchene and Mitchell were the only two forwards that were good today. But Duchene seems to keep shooting high when he should be shooting low and vice versa this season. He probably should have 5-6 goals by now, with how many great chances he's creating.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
"I'll take 100 percent responsibility," Duchene said after the Avs lost 3-2 to superstar defenseman P.K. Subban (two goals) and the Habs. "I got one (goal) at the end there but I should have had more. More than one has to go in for me tonight. I take full responsibility. My job is to score and make plays and help this team win. Carey Price played well but I have to be looser around the net."

"It's a chain reaction. If we score on some of those chances we don't give up some of those goals," said Duchene, who scored with 2:31 remaining in the third period to cut the Avs' deficit to 3-2. "We should have won tonight. They played well, their goalie played very well. I think he stole it for them, but we were not good defensively."

I wish Duchene was better sometimes at buying chances but he's certainly not responsible. I like that he's stepping up but I also worry he will pressure himself about it too much too and have the opposite effect.

Tanguay scored Colorado's first goal 2:23 into the game, on a great play by center John Mitchell, and Subban tied it on a power-play blast less than two minutes later.

Sigh. Just sigh.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Carey Price didn't steal anything, Avs had few good chances. But Duchene was phenomenal tonight. It's good to hear he just wants to reach that next level.

Hopefully some of our other good players can one day sniff where Duchene currently is.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If we lose to Florida, it's really time to panic. We might burn this place down.

Spender

Feb 16, 2013
Växjö
I wish we one day could have a good blueline so our forwards don't have to be relied on to do everything.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
If we lose to Florida, it's really time to panic. We might burn this place down.

*shrug* If the Avs don't get Varlamov back and have to play these Lake Erie goaltenders, they're not going to win very many games.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
*shrug* If the Avs don't get Varlamov back and have to play these Lake Erie goaltenders, they're not going to win very many games.

They're like a AHL team. Varly or not, we can't lose to them and fall even further behind in arguably the toughest division in the NHL.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'll be right behind grabbing the pitchforks if they can't beat Florida. They are back and home and enough is enough. Its prove it time and no excuses. Its not so much the 2 points, its about being able to have any semblance of control and mental fortitude to get a win over an inferior team.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
At what point does Roy tell Stuart, Hejda and Guenin to not jump up in the play? They don't have the footspeed to recover, so why not play it safe?

How many odd man rushes are Avs supposed to give up per game?

The Cliche penalty that led to the first Subban goal was after Hejda made a terrible pinch and he was the fourth player back iirc.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I'm more curious to know at what point Roy realizes that his team won't go anywhere with Stuart, Hejda, Guenin etc

m0ngr31

I'm more curious to know at what point Roy realizes that his team won't go anywhere with Stuart, Hejda, Guenin etc

That's the million dollar question. Especially when guys like Boychuk were available...

Road Rage

May 21, 2010
Good game guys.

2 goals against the Avs right after two Power Play .. That sucks.

MacKinnon and Duchene have some sick hands and Pickard got a pretty good game tonight. He deserved a star.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Avs need to fill out two spots on LD, #1 and #3. #3 can be Siemens one day and Holden for now, #1 comes from a trade.

My ideal lineup:

ROR-Duchene-Iginla
McGinn-Mackinnon-Tanguay
Someone acquired in trade-Mitchell-Briere
Mcleod-Winchester-Talbot

OEL/Giordano/Mcdonagh/Someone acquired in trade-EJ
Holden/Siemens-Redmond
Stuart-Barrie

Landeskog traded for #1 D + 3rd line LW grinder.

Last edited:

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
We all see it. No reason that Roy can't

Only reason I can see for him still playing Guenin is his own pride because they signed him.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Roy should have a video session where the team get to watch bloody knee guy and greatest pitcher in the world videos for hours.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
They're like a AHL team. Varly or not, we can't lose to them and fall even further behind in arguably the toughest division in the NHL.

Without proper goaltenders, I agree that they are like an AHL team, but what choice do they have? The Avs are not going to win many games without Varlamov *and* a real NHL backup. They just won't. I hope they take out Florida, but if they don't, it won't surprise me a bit.

Without Varlamov, the Avs are in the bottom half of the NHL.

Without Varlamov and a real backup, the Avs are in the bottom third of the NHL, and likely a borderline lottery team. This is the situation they're in right now. Borderline lottery teams don't win very many games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad