GDT: Colorado Avalanche Vs Minnesota Wild Jan. 19/2013 7:00PM MST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I wouldn't go plus on Varly, the fluffy rebound in the slot on the first goal plus allowing three goals in a period. He did make some big saves though

Goals 2 and 3 were impossible to stop, especially 2. And the 1st goal wasn't entirely his fault either, hard to keep that rebound controlled from up tight.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well I guess that would require some coaching... Something this team is lacking for years....

Who was saying that Sacco was developping into a good coach?
You kind of jinxed it :sarcasm:

To be fair I said he could develop into a good coach eventually, even called him mediocre right now at the end of it. Plus the game's not over yet, there's still time to turn this around.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Goals 2 and 3 were impossible to stop, especially 2. And the 1st goal wasn't entirely his fault either, hard to keep that rebound controlled from up tight.

Yeah and you gotta see what leads up to that goal.

Wilson totally bought Parise's fake and Zanon was on the wrong side of Heatley.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This is one of Landeskog's most non-descript games going back to the beginning of the 2011-2012 season.

Agreed. The lack of scoring chances for that line in the first period was because Landeskog wasn't very good. Easily lost the puck a couple of times. Everyone sucked in the second and they were on the PK for half the period.

Duchene having to play the PK isn't helping either.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah and you gotta see what leads up to that goal.

Wilson totally bought Parise's fake and Zanon was on the wrong side of Heatley.

Exactly. Varly has been very good, just bad luck on 2 of the goals and sloppy defense on the 1st one.

We need one by the 10 min mark, or were gonna lose.

Can still win this but we need to dominate this period.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Agreed. The lack of scoring chances for that line in the first period was because Landeskog wasn't very good. Easily lost the puck a couple of times. Everyone sucked in the second and they were on the PK for half the period.

Duchene having to play the PK isn't helping either.

hes missing his comrade Ryan

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Be nice to have ROR right now

The "we don't need O'Reilly" posts have stopped. :laugh:

o-reilly.jpg

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Avs are gonna need a big period from Landeskog. He's the only guy on the team who's paassion and heart rises when they're down and need a goal. Everyone else just seems to sulk.

Same old Duchene. Lots of hustle and fancy stickhandling, but won't use his linemates, and forces plays with about 2% chance of working. When is someone just gonna yell at him to quit trying to be so fancy and just play hockey?

Duchene has been one of our better players.

SuperJoe

Feb 24, 2010
Royal City

I'm not blaming him overall, but I wouldn't as far as him being a big plus in the second. The third goal was flukie and it happens, but its often the difference between winning and losing

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If Ryan O'Reilly had played that period, he would have sensed Downie was about to take a penalty and skated up to him and said "no, dude".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad