GDT: Colorado Avalanche vs. Los Angeles Kings - Jan. 22, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I am confused....as I kings fan I came on here to see what kind of stuff I should be lookign for from the avs for tonights game. I am really nervous about the kings chances tonight, and think the avs have a very solid lineup (personally belief they are best set up for the capr reduction in the league) .So what gives on the negativity? IS there something I am not aware of?

Qurpiz

Carry me home!
Nov 5, 2006
I am confused....as I kings fan I came on here to see what kind of stuff I should be lookign for from the avs for tonights game. I am really nervous about the kings chances tonight, and think the avs have a very solid lineup (personally belief they are best set up for the capr reduction in the league) .So what gives on the negativity? IS there something I am not aware of?

It's a cynical place, the Avs board. Only thing keeping folks sane.

4am start for me. Luckily have tomorrow off until noon. I expect Kings to bounce back in a big way from that opening night.

AND they have Anze back.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland

This is a positive thread. You don't want to see us when we get negative.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!

We are all paranoid, bi-polar, crazy people. We lose one game, and suddenly think that the season is over.

We did, however, look very bad in our 1st game (I guess the kings did too). So, we don't really know what to expect yet.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

There is only one man that can save us and he's half way around the world picking up babushkas in his brand new Lada.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
The Avs captain is a 3rd line grinder. Their best centerman is the equivalence of a Western conference Bozak. The 2nd line center has the hockey IQ of Forrest Gump. Their best player, who is the best defensive player in the last 25 years, is in Russia. The coach of the team is so inept that there is at least 200 fans on the Avs forum who could do a better job. The Avs #1 defenceman is actually a #4 but due to his draft pedigree the team pretends he is a #1. The ownership is so cheap that within a few seasons all the players who are atleast mediocre will be gone because management won't pay them. And lastly, the starting goaltender has such weak groin muscles that the slightest movement will rip them to pieces, and send him back to Russia where he really wants to be. Oh yeah, and the Avs overpaid for most of these "core" players.

Did I miss anything?

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Hopefully they will show up tonight, but who knows.

Dude, your profile says, "juliann94 has not made any friends yet ".

That sucks. Welcome aboard. Bricky will try to be your friend. Beware. And if you're female, Shermanator will likely stalk you...not in a bad way, though.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Hopefully they will show up tonight, but who knows.

I would also like to echo what Bubba said, and welcome aboard.

Out of curiosity though...it says you signed up for the board back in 1/2011, what took you nearly 2 years to make your first post? Either way, enjoy your stay.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Hoping for an Avs win, but I absolutely want to see more of an offensive presence from the Stastny and Duchene lines. If they fail to generate more quality scoring chances at even strength than they did last game against the Wild, that will be a concern for me.

The chemistry did not seem to be there for the Duchene line last game and the Stastny line was a real disappointment at even strength IMO.

finds71

Jan 18, 2011
Canada
Hoping for an Avs win, but I absolutely want to see more of an offensive presence from the Stastny and Duchene lines. If they fail to generate more quality scoring chances at even strength than they did last game against the Wild, that will be a concern for me.

The chemistry did not seem to be there for the Duchene line last game and the Stastny line was a real disappointment at even strength IMO.

Agreed. Would love to see Landy with Statsny though

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Agreed. Would love to see Landy with Statsny though

I think the absolute be line combo that we could come up with is:

Landeskog-Stastny-Jones/Downie

Landeskog can play the same game McGinn does only better at pretty much everything, and Stastny works really well with those sorts of wingers. On the right side you just need somebody that can play physical and chip in a few goals. Downie is a better playmaker than Jones, but Jones has a better shot. Kind of a wash IMO. The problem is that I don't think that McGinn would play well next to Duchene (if only we had ROR because I think him and McGinn could do well together).

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Nothing absolutely nothing indicates Avs will win tonight. Quick with a SO 4-0 Kings.

Pretty much nothing indicates any team winning any game before the puck is dropped. Varly with a SO 4-0 Avs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad