Colorado Avalanche Prospect Poll #10

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Simple Rules/How things work
1. Vote for who you think is the best prospect using your own criteria. It could either be who is the best now, the future, or both.
2. Always request to add a prospect to the list in order to replenish the list as the polling goes on
3. Always discuss these things. It gets boring if it's just "Add: Malone" for 30 posts until the next one comes out.​

1. Nathan MacKinnon, C, Halifax Mooseheads (#1 overall, 2013 Draft) - Consensus #1
2. Tyson Barrie, D, Lake Erie Monsters (#64 overall, 2009 Draft) - 71.76%
3. Duncan Siemens, D, Saskatoon Blades (#11 Overall 2011 Draft) - 55.93%
4. Stefan Elliott, D, Lake Erie Monsters (#49 Overall 2009 Draft) - 53.70%
5. Chris Bigras, D, Owen Sound Attack (#32 Overall 2013 Draft) - 42.06%
6. Joey Hishon, C, Lake Erie Monsters (#17 Overall 2010 Draft) - 43.09%
7. Michael Sgarbossa, C, Lake Erie Monsters (Undrafted) - 59.76%
8. Calvin Pickard, G, Lake Erie Monsters (#49 Overall 2010) - 48.86%
9. Sami Aittokallio, G, Lake Erie Monsters (#107 Overall 2010) - 40.91%

Calvin-Pickard.jpeg

1632664-max497x297.jpg

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Condon. I think he ends up as a very solid 3rd line player in the NHL with very high level PK skills.

Add: Butcher

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I don't see Heard as anything more than a #4 in the future. He might be a good one, but I at least feel pretty confident saying Malone can be better than that.

These guys are all really close though.

I was tempted to vote Patterson or Beaupre too.

zxcvnm

Jun 19, 2013
Remember SammyJankis
The Chris Bigras link still links to Elliott's poll. It should be fixed along with those same links on previous polls. Moreover, the links to the last three polls don't seem to work, at least for me, as they put an extra " before the http and thereby break the link.

EDIT: It looks like the Sgarbossa, Pickard, and Aittokallio are working.

Last edited:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
The Chris Bigras link still links to Elliott's poll. It should be fixed along with those same links on previous polls. Moreover, the links to the last three polls don't seem to work, at least for me, as they put an extra " before the http and thereby break the link.

So make the next thread yourself.

zxcvnm

Jun 19, 2013
Remember SammyJankis
So make the next thread yourself.

Sorry, it wasn't meant as an attack. I just wouldn't mind seeing those links being fixed. The Bigras link has been wrong for a while (before you started the threads I believe). I'm perfectly happy with you running the thread, but wanted to point out the broken links in case you want to fix them. If no one else cares, then I'll shut up about it.

EDIT: It looks like the Sgarbossa, Pickard, and Aittokallio are working. Here's the link to the Bigras poll, if anyone is interested: 42.06%

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Votes Patterson since I think he'll get forgotten a little but I think that his career will be muh different than Pickard's in that both can become capable starters but neither really has special talent.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Smith for me.

I don't even have Heard in my top-20, so I'm a bit surprised he's that high.

Add: Bourke

AvInNebr

Jul 10, 2013
Nebraska
If I had a vote I would end up going with Smith at this point after debating between him and Heard for a bit.

I think Butcher with his recent success and potential for high reward (but being a high risk) should be added.

>>>>>
Btw, isn't it after a certain length of time that you can begin voting on polls?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm surprised that Smith is getting so much love. He still has a lot to prove IMO before I start ranking him higher, and he is very much a top 6 or bust player. Agozzino is the same type of player, but has proven way, way more.

AvInNebr

Jul 10, 2013
Nebraska
I'm surprised that Smith is getting so much love. He still has a lot to prove IMO before I start ranking him higher, and he is very much a top 6 or bust player. Agozzino is the same type of player, but has proven way, way more.

I think a lot of what is left is that way. Either guys who are boom or bust like Smith, Butcher, Agozzino ... or guys destined to be bottom line type guys like Brad Malone and the like. That being said there likely will be a lot of variation on who gets votes not only between guys in one category or the other but also between the categories depending on if you rank someone higher based on boom/bust potential or sureness of making it but as a bottom line type guy...

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think a lot of what is left is that way. Either guys who are boom or bust like Smith, Butcher, Agozzino ... or guys destined to be bottom line type guys like Brad Malone and the like. That being said there likely will be a lot of variation on who gets votes not only between guys in one category or the other but also between the categories depending on if you rank someone higher based on boom/bust potential or sureness of making it but as a bottom line type guy...

I guess my point wasn't exactly clear. Agozzino and Smith are the exact same types of players with very, very similar upside. Smaller, high scoring, top 6 or bust sorts of players that project to be on the wings in the NHL. The difference Agozzino just came off a 52 point all star season in the AHL leading Lake Erie in points, +/-, and assists while coming in 5th in PIMs and 2nd in goals. Watching their games he was one of the most reliable forwards on the team after DVG and Sgarbossa. Smith hasn't proven a thing in the professional ranks, and I don't see him having remotely as good of rookie or 2nd season as Agozzino did last year.

I can understand voting an unproven player over a more proven player if their ceiling is higher, but I'm just surprised to see it when their ceiling are so similar. Obviously people evaluate the two different than I do.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
That's why I like Malone the most here. He's a safe 4th liner and might reach as high as a decent 3rd line winger.

Smith I think never makes the show, might have a Hensick career though. Agozzino I'm a little more hopeful for.

Malone, Heard, Beaupre, Patterson and Martin are all really close for me right now.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
That's why I like Malone the most here. He's a safe 4th liner and might reach as high as a decent 3rd line winger.

Smith I think never makes the show, might have a Hensick career though. Agozzino I'm a little more hopeful for.

Malone, Heard, Beaupre, Patterson and Martin are all really close for me right now.

I'd agree with that, but I'd throw Condon (who I obviously think highly of), Millan, and Lauridsen in that group as well. If Butcher has a solid season at DU, he would be in that group. Vincour is probably in there as well.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Patterson can start in the NHL one day, going with him here, just always had a good feeling about him although I suspect he won't get his chance with us with Varly, Sami and Pickard in front of him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad