Colorado Avalanche Power Outage

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
What were the scoring chances in the end? Altitude posted a stat that said it was 18-16 in favour of Chicago and that was sometime during the 3rd period.

Continuing this question: Is there any source where I can get the scoring chances for any given game? I see them in each game in TV, but I've never seen anywhere the actual numbers or any compilation lik season totals. I haven't been looking actively within the past couple of years either.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
What were the scoring chances in the end? Altitude posted a stat that said it was 18-16 in favour of Chicago and that was sometime during the 3rd period.

i had ES chances 14-13 for avs. overall they were in hawks favor.

Continuing this question: Is there any source where I can get the scoring chances for any given game? I see them in each game in TV, but I've never seen anywhere the actual numbers or any compilation lik season totals. I haven't been looking actively within the past couple of years either.

the numbers they usually show during the games are just based on NHL shot location data. which is indicating but they have their inaccuracies there. there are few sites where those shots are found. shots from the slot and high slot count as scoring chances, no matter how dangerous (or not) the shot is.

http://somekindofninja.com/nhl/

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
i had ES chances 14-13 for avs. overall they were in hawks favor.

the numbers they usually show during the games are just based on NHL shot location data. which is indicating but they have their inaccuracies there. there are few sites where those shots are found. shots from the slot and high slot count as scoring chances, no matter how dangerous (or not) the shot is.

http://somekindofninja.com/nhl/

Thanks for the link :)

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The AHL d-man looked decent enough to me, surprisingly so. It was the guy that Kane made look like a toboggan to set up the GWG who didn't look all that great.

I'm not saying Stollery was amazing by any means but he was decent enough for a fill-in.

He looked terrible the first half of the game. He got a little better in the third, but still didn't look that great IMO.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The AHL d-man looked decent enough to me, surprisingly so. It was the guy that Kane made look like a toboggan to set up the GWG who didn't look all that great.

I'm not saying Stollery was amazing by any means but he was decent enough for a fill-in.

:laugh: Stollery wasn't the one I was referring to haha.

It was the toboggan hahahaha.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I really hope that last part is true....

The coaches, management, and fans all know that defense is a major area of concern.

The fans do know, but i wonder if coaches and management really know. If the management knew the defense is a major concern wouldn't they take aggressive steps to fix the problem? How many years already people saying Avs D is horrible and needs upgrades? I mean what is management waiting for exactly?

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
I really hope that last part is true....

The coaches, management, and fans all know that defense is a major area of concern.

The fans do know, but i wonder if coaches and management really know. If the management knew the defense is a major concern wouldn't they take aggressive steps to fix the problem? How many years already people saying Avs D is horrible and needs upgrades? I mean what is management waiting for exactly?

I'm 100% confident the Avs fans located on HFBoards know more about hockey then an NHL franchise's management.

Clearly they should just pull up the trade proposal window and throw Elliot, Pickard, and a third in there for Seth Jones. He's only like an 86 overall anyway. Might have to add Wilson just to make sure the value is there. Not sure if he's really much of an improvement though. Maybe we could get like, seabrook but we might have to take out elliot and add in RoR.. he's only a 84 overall so we can afford to lose him.

I'm not exactly sure what aggressive steps you're even talking about taking. A trade? It's not that easy. Free agency? We were active there. It just didn't go the way it could have, but who else could we have signed? Call ups? Who? Siemans? It doesn't solve the problem.

member 116861

I'm 100% confident the Avs fans located on HFBoards know more about hockey then an NHL franchise's management.

Clearly they should just pull up the trade proposal window and throw Elliot, Pickard, and a third in there for Seth Jones. He's only like an 86 overall anyway. Might have to add Wilson just to make sure the value is there.

I'm not exactly sure what aggressive steps you're even talking about taking. A trade? It's not that easy. Free agency? We were active there. It just didn't go the way it could have, but who else could we have signed? Call ups? Who? Siemans? It doesn't solve the problem.

Avs fans on HF might be the smartest sports fans in the world. When you compare the knowledge of the average poster on here compared to any other platform, the difference is huge.

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
Avs fans on HF might be the smartest sports fans in the world. When you compare the knowledge of the average poster on here compared to any other platform, the difference is huge.

Undeniable truth. It's why I personally feel the entire Avs management team should be replaced by HFBoards Avs fans in a democratic election. All of these obvious problems inept and hockey stupid management don't see, we would shore up instantly with a wave of the wand and be a perennial cup contender for decades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad