News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part VI

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
If you need a lol go listen to the Kane DNVR podcast.

AJ is about as petty as it gets and again just has to be right while railroading Jesse. Also gives himself a lot of back pats while quietly insulting other reporters.

He makes it hard to like him.

I keep meaning to quit. But it just shows what a lack of Avs content we have I keep going back. At its best it can be great, happy-drunk postgame vibes. At its worst, we just got a 45 minute discussion of Evander Kane that was unnecessarily awkward and repetitive, with 2 minutes tacked on the end about the only thing Avs fans actually cared about waking up yesterday: Bo. And even that was only about side swiping Dater, not addressing anything.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I keep meaning to quit. But it just shows what a lack of Avs content we have I keep going back. At its best it can be great, happy-drunk postgame vibes. At its worst, we just got a 45 minute discussion of Evander Kane that was unnecessarily awkward and repetitive, with 2 minutes tacked on the end about the only thing Avs fans actually cared about waking up yesterday: Bo. And even that was only about side swiping Dater, not addressing anything.
Yeah man its really unfortunate that there isn't someone with more knowledge or at least someone w/o a chip on their shoulder to carry some of the Avs media content.

If I worked at Altitude or in the Marketing of KSE I'd capitalize on it personally. With how bad the reporting is they could easily start a good podcast, get some good video content rolling and kinda push them all out. I mean I'm on the content and design team at a tech company, and we have the benefit of so many fans doing a really good job of getting the message out there for us. We basically just make press kits and corny videos about cars doing light shows haha.

The market in CO isn't that big so all the Avs really need to do is get a small content team of someone in Copy, Photo, Video and Social and they'd do better than the rest of the trash out their easily and also grow the fanbase interaction 10 fold. Everyone is hungry for it and the only folks who know about DNVR are fans that are REALLY into hockey. The casual fans have nothing.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
So far DNVR is the best Avs podcast I can find to listen to. The only other one I've ever heard is that Tell It Avs It Is one that keeps getting crammed down our throats, and we know how good that one is.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
So far DNVR is the best Avs podcast I can find to listen to. The only other one I've ever heard is that Tell It Avs It Is one that keeps getting crammed down our throats, and we know how good that one is.

I honestly just give DNVR a check in 1 out of every 10 or so just to see how its going if I'm bored on my drive to work. However I've mostly switched to Non-Avs podcasts for quality.

I don't find Spittin Chiclets that great either, they have their moments but most of it is fluff. They had a good section about the Avs on the last one. I just can't do their 3 hours of w/e it is they talk about. Some interviews are really good though. 32 thoughts is basically the only one I've committed to listening to regularly.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
But have you heard of a little podcast called tell it avs it is?!?

Scrolling through that thread, I noticed they added a co-host finally. I wonder if that’s helped it at all, because before that it was unbearable with how much the guy skipped around topics. I may give a newer episode a listen just to see.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
32 thoughts is basically the only one I've committed to listening to regularly.
Now that Marek has his own daily show and talks to Friedman for like 30 minutes every day it makes their 32 thoughts podcast obsolete. I rather listen to Marek/Friedman on that show than on a podcast that was recorded a day earlier (so "older" news).

Especially since The Jeff Marek Show is available as a podcast as well.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
Yeah man its really unfortunate that there isn't someone with more knowledge or at least someone w/o a chip on their shoulder to carry some of the Avs media content.

If I worked at Altitude or in the Marketing of KSE I'd capitalize on it personally. With how bad the reporting is they could easily start a good podcast, get some good video content rolling and kinda push them all out. I mean I'm on the content and design team at a tech company, and we have the benefit of so many fans doing a really good job of getting the message out there for us. We basically just make press kits and corny videos about cars doing light shows haha.

The market in CO isn't that big so all the Avs really need to do is get a small content team of someone in Copy, Photo, Video and Social and they'd do better than the rest of the trash out their easily and also grow the fanbase interaction 10 fold. Everyone is hungry for it and the only folks who know about DNVR are fans that are REALLY into hockey. The casual fans have nothing.

Great idea. Another angle is I believe it could actually help the Avs on the ice if there was a stronger media presence promoting, and perhaps more importantly, protecting the team by helping garner national audience. I truly believe the amount of horrible things that consistently happen to Colorado are in part a result of no media really standing up for them. Even our broadcast and podcasts (save for Hockey Mountain High sometimes) go so out of their way to be anti-homer that it’s fostered an unnecessary inferiority complex. Because of all the postponed games and our slow start the Avs only really get mentioned nationally when Makar goes highlight reel. Do even the more hardcore fans around the league know that we’re pacing for the Presidents trophy? That Mack leads the league in PPG and Kadri’s is higher than Draisatl’s?

Last edited:

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Tell it Avs It Is is better than the DNVR pod now imo. It has improved greatly. I also very much prefer Locked On Avalanche and Hockey Mountain High over DNVR.

Edit: I have to say, though, DNVR can be very good. Their good episodes are better than the ones of the competition imo. They just don't publish many good episodes anymore.

Last edited:

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Some insane stats in that article. We're on pace for the 6th best season in NHL history. Nuts

Screenshot_20220114-175048_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Between Dater's incessant martyr complex on twitter, and him harassing the family of a concussed rookie just to get a juicy (and possibly very misleading) story for his website, I'm having a hard time avoiding criticizing him just because I know he's not mentally well.

Wish he would just get some help and focus on doing good accurate reporting for a change, but I'm not sure either will ever happen at this point.

Reactions: MonsterMack

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I'd just think that if you had any sort of professional social media presence, even small-time, you'd at least have other accounts that only your friends knew of where you could let go a bit.
Hell, I'm nobody but my infrequent drunk posting here and other places annoys even me some mornings after. Were I positioned as some sort of expert and expected people to pay for my thoughts, I sure as hell wouldn't be exploring a bottle or two of whiskey on my work accounts.
But maybe it's not even that with him. Maybe he just can't recognize when he's not at his best.
Now I'm a little sad for him.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Altitude need to sort out the delay when McNab speaks. It wasn't a problem earlier in the season when Moser was at games and McNab was in the studio, I don't know why it is now.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
vent post. I know I shouldn’t be listening to the Hockeybuzz daily podcast, but today’s was frustratingly indicative of just how stupidly false narratives about the Avs have taken hold by “pundits”. In the single minute they mentioned the Avs (for the first time in 3 weeks) was to say Mackinnon hasn’t shown leadership in the playoffs and Kadri has been suspended 3 postseasons in a row.

The Bubble was only 2 years ago…where Kadri had 18 points in 15 games and Wayne Gretzky announced Mackinnon’s performance as the best he’d seen in the modern era.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
%$#! me they just got into Fox vs Makar saying the former lays hits and wins shootouts (hello Tampa game?) and the latter doesn’t, being all flash with no defense.

edit: all hosts agree no need to discuss Colorado further since their goaltending is so suspect. (podcast recorded today)

Last edited:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Eklund (remember when his name was $#@!*? out?) is a Philly boy or at least that was the one team he appeared to ever really have ties to. The Avs play past his bedtime, much like the bulk of NHL journalists, hence the east coast bias. I honestly believe they literally don't watch full games from the west coast, rather they watch the condensed versions.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
vent post. I know I shouldn’t be listening to the Hockeybuzz daily podcast, but today’s was frustratingly indicative of just how stupidly false narratives about the Avs have taken hold by “pundits”. In the single minute they mentioned the Avs (for the first time in 3 weeks) was to say Mackinnon hasn’t shown leadership in the playoffs and Kadri has been suspended 3 postseasons in a row.

The Bubble was only 2 years ago…where Kadri had 18 points in 15 games and Wayne Gretzky announced Mackinnon’s performance as the best he’d seen in the modern era.
%$#! me they just got into Fox vs Makar saying the former lays hits and wins shootouts (hello Tampa game?) and the latter doesn’t, being all flash with no defense.

edit: all hosts agree no need to discuss Colorado further since their goaltending is so suspect. (podcast recorded today)

I feel like you've brought this on yourself...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad