GDT: Colorado Avalanche host the St. Louis Blues @ 8:30pm MT for Game #2 of the West Division Playoffs

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
The interesting thing about the Blues board is that (much like any board) there is a large majority of very dedicated and knowledgeable fans, but there are a couple of really, really crazy ones too.

You name it: Much like any board. Every single board in this forum (ours included) has to deal with that. Hell, I even saw a few AVS-Posters who nearly claimed the Kadri-Hit was "clean"... That´s beyond crazy. :facepalm:

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
You name it: Much like any board. Every single board in this forum (ours included) has to deal with that. Hell, I even saw a few AVS-Posters who nearly claimed the Kadri-Hit was "clean"... That´s beyond crazy. :facepalm:
I still think that claiming there is a league wide conspiracy to ensure the Avs win as a means to showcase top players to the watching public, including telling referees to go easy on the Avs and call more penalties on their opponents is more insane than someone who has slowed down a kadri video to watch the hit frame by frame to claim it was clean, i think that's more wishful thinking than crazy. The conspiracy is bat shit crazy.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Can't shelter guys, for fear of injury. Either he is cleared to play or he's not. What is the right situation to put him in? Even if we beat St Louis, we'd most likely get Vegas and it gets even more physical.

Are we willing to just sit him the whole playoffs even if he is healthy and cleared? That seems insane, you've got to field your best lineup, this is the playoffs and Byram is one of the players that makes up our best possible lineup. It's better than watching Nemeth cost us.

I think there's a difference between sheltering guys and just being smart. I don't think you do that the whole playoffs but I certainly wouldn't put him in for Game #3 and probably not the rest of the series against the blues. He'd be such an easy revenge target for some jerk-off to go high on him and for what, because we're not beating them 'enough'?? Then if the result is he gets another concussion and the rest of his career is in jeopardy, was it worth it?? If that happened people on here would LOSE THEIR SHIT over the decision to put him in and you know I'm right.

Do you really believe that we absolutely need Byram in there to beat these guys? I certainly don't. With the way both players have played this year, there isn't a huge difference between Byram and MacDonald currently although there likely will be in the future. I'd keep the defense the same and if a change needs to be made, you put in MacDonald for Game #3 and then reevaluate afterwards.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I dont think Avs need Byram to win the 1st round, so I don't mind them being patient with him.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
As a general rule, it's probably poor taste to directly quote someone from another board onto this one, especially to make fun of them. We all know how notifications work by now. If you're going to do that, it's best to copy/paste or screenshot the quotes you want to bring over to keep them from getting a ping.

Reactions: MarkT

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
As a general rule, it's probably poor taste to directly quote someone from another board onto this one, especially to make fun of them. We all know how notifications work by now. If you're going to do that, it's best to copy/paste or screenshot the quotes you want to bring over to keep them from getting a ping.

It's probably best not to bring stuff from the main boards here period. My thought is that this board was a place for Avs fans to discuss things without the insipid comments being dropped in here from fans of another team. There's no need for us to bring the crazy in here intentionally. Just my take, as I really don't give a shit what someone on the main board thinks. If I did, I would be on the main boards. Meh, I guess I'm just an angry old man yelling at the clouds, so there is that also.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I understand what you're sayin but the timing of the Kadri hit made no sense. We are up 3-1 with about half a period to play before we go up 2-0 in the series and sure they've got a bunch of guys running around trying that stuff but for the most part, it's not working for them.

But now that kadri's taken out one of their best D-men with a head shot, what's to stop any of their goons who were already gooning it up to go full-out revenge and try and injure one of our top guys? kadri has basically put an even bigger target on our top players and for what?? Because he wasn't happy with HIS game?? He's a selfish f***tard that might cost us a long run because I doubt that the blues are just going to take this lying down.

I've seen this from several people and I think you guys are crazy. If I'm in charge of the Avs, I'm not putting in a top rookie that's had that kind of injury issues in a game like this under the current circumstances. If you want to change out Nemeth, you put in MacDonald. Hell, I'd be tempted to put in Middleton.
Dude. They went after Rants to start game one. They said they were going to play heavy, which is just code word for dirty. They did. They will continue to do it. They were running around both games. They’ll continue to run around. Two of their biggest goons are out tonight. The Avs goon is out too. The series is better for it. Hopefully something happens to Schenn and he’s out.

I, for one, am happy Faulk can’t goon it up tonight.

Kadri’s hit was reckless. He’s out for the series. A just punishment for a guy that paints outside the lines. Bertuzzo does too. A handful of blues play this dirty style. Two of them won’t be out there tonight.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

I like that all these clips of that play are in slow mo and late, so they don't show the same Robert Bortuzzo who had been running around making high hits on Avalanche players (including Jost) charged right at him, and then for some reason put on the brakes and did a spinorama while hunched over, leaving his head in a vulnerable position.

Jost is just trying to protect himself there from a goon who's been playing dirty.

Reactions: MarkT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad