Post-Series Talk: Colorado Avalanche defeat the Winnipeg Jets, 4-1

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
I hope people don't actually believe that? Even looking at game 5 he let in 5 goals but you couldn't blame any of them on him, how many of them did he have a chance on?
The guy had a 5.01 GAA and a 0.870 PCT. On what planet does a goalie NOT get blamed even a little bit with numbers like that?

I hope people don't actually believe that? Even looking at game 5 he let in 5 goals but you couldn't blame any of them on him, how many of them did he have a chance on?
Edit. Double post

Reactions: HabzSauce
Nov 24, 2006
The guy had a 5.01 GAA and a 0.870 PCT. On what planet does a goalie NOT get blamed even a little bit with numbers like that?

Edit. Double post
Helle wasn't the true problem this series, but he also didn't really help. He needed to rise above the bad team in front of him and he didn't, simple as that.

Reactions: landstuhltaylor

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
5 GP

Mack - 9 pts
Rantanen - 9 pts
Nichushkin - 7 goals

I know a lot was on the PP, but that is far from shutting them down. They had good periods but also had collapses.
Rantanen goes stretches where he looks very average but puts up points.

Mackinnon isn't like that. We've seen him take over games vs the highest competition. And he put up some opportunistic points at times. Credit to him. But he didn't look like a top 5 player in the game at any point this series. Lowry deserves a lot of credit.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
A run and gun series was always going to go for Colorado. Colorado scored at will all series. Winnipeg would have had a chance in a tighter series. Alternatively, play this series in a more defensive era, Winnipeg would win.
I imagine the Jets would also have won if they were all allowed to bring pistols out onto the ice too

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Mackinnon isn't like that. We've seen him take over games vs the highest competition. And he put up some opportunistic points at times. Credit to him. But he didn't look like a top 5 player in the game at any point this series. Lowry deserves a lot of credit.

Lowry: "I thought we played well. The difference is our line gives up 3 against the MacKinnon line."

He did a good job overall, but yesterday they got torched and that's all it takes. One bad game and the MacK line put up 6 points.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Hellebuyck was replacement level or maybe below replacement level in that series. It's true that the entire Winnipeg team got dummied and outclassed by Colorado, but I don't see how you can pretend Hellebuyck isn't part of that group.

He wasn't very good.

zoA

Mar 23, 2010
Damn, I feel for the Jets fans cause even as a neutral (leaning Avs since I like their team) that was a really frustrating game to watch. I really thought the Jets were better for the first half of the game and then it was just dumb decisions over and over again. The game was there for the taking but it felt like the Jets players just slowly started unravelling.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

You’re overblowing this entirely.

CaptainUgly

27 Time World Champions
Apr 22, 2018
What's their asset pool looking like? I imagine they could probably run it back next year with a few good trades to bolster their roster a bit. Of course, any playoff performance will depend on Hellebuyck being better.
Jets have one of the top prospect pools in the NHL. Needless to say there should hopefully be a changing of the guard to more youth in the lineup

Reactions: Summer Rose

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
How is it that every other team realized that playing your starter 60+ times every year didn't lead to PO wins besides the Jets?

What a crazy reply. Both Georgiev and Hellebuyck had at least 60 points. So what’s your point? Are you just focusing on that so you can somehow make this about Boston?

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014

thats the thing about the uber elite - they can look average and put up 9 pts in 5 gp

Not saying this was his best series, but you can't say he got shut down when he had 9 pts in 5 gp, opportunistic or not

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad