College Hockey: 2015-16 Season

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Gambrell snipes one post-and-in off a set faceoff play, 2-1 DU .. Ferris State draws a power play immediately afterwards and gets the equalizer through a centering pass that deflects in off a DU skate .. 2-2 at 1st INT, SOG 15-3 DU.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
3-2 DU at 2nd INT, SOG 28-14 DU .. breakaway goal for DU, may have benefited from a small pick in the NZ to spring that pass though .. also looked to have gloved a puck in their crease, but no penalty shot awarded to Ferris State .. a few messy scramble chances for Ferris, but no equalizer.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Ferris equalized 3-3 on the PP as a centering pass from behind the net was one-timed short-side .. looked to have a high-danger scoring chance afterwards too, but the centering passer and back-post driver were both tripped up with no calls; whistles have been put away it seems .. scramble chances at both ends have ensued, with DU just now pulling ahead with a d-man walking into a wrister .. AND add a dagger to make it 5-3 with 4:07 left in regulation.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That one counts. 4-1. Quinnipiac-BC will be the other game in the Frozen Four, opposite UND-Denver.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Wisconsin retooling their staff with Tony Granato as HC and Don Granato and Mark Osiecki as assistants per: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2016/03/27_report_tony_granato_to_coach.php

Jake McCabe is a proud alumnus of Wisconsin’s hockey program. So when the university announced it was hiring Tony Granato, the Buffalo Sabres defenseman got excited.

“I actually watched their press conference online the other day,” said McCabe who played at Wisconsin from 2011-2014.
“You kind of feel their passion and their excitement around the whole program.
You know if I was a 15, 16, 17-year old I don’t know how I’d ever turn down a coaching staff like that with pro experience those guys have.
It’s exciting and I’m proud to be an alum.”
“It just goes to show that junior is not the only way to develop as an NHL player,” McCabe said. “Each player is different.
Some guys need more time to develop physically and college is I think a great route to do that, obviously with game schedule and practice schedule quite different from juniors.
You’ve got more time to spend in the gym and just mature. I would recommend college to anyone but it’s not for everyone either.”

http://campuswatch.buffalonews.com/2016/03/31/mccabe-excited-future-wisconsin-hockey/

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Hard to believe McCabe was playing in Wisconsin still in 2014

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Quinnipiac defeats BC, 3-2, to advance to the championship .. UND vs DU coming up at 8:30 ~8:55pm. #CaggiulaWatch

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It was such a nothing play, but he wins the 1-on-1 puck battle (actually more like a 1-on-3) and just snipes it. The first was solid position and his release, but that second was winning a battle in traffic and 1 superior shot to manufacture that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad