GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
If the flu is indeed going around the room, maybe Pickard has it? I can't think of any other rational explanation for Skinner starting.

Anyway, to save you guys 3 hours of misery, I've teleported back from the future with game highlights:

First Period
Edmonton comes out with a burst of energy and takes the game to Vancouver but Silovs stands on his head, his best save robbing Draisaitl on an open net.
Vancouver scores on only its second shot but it's called back due to offside.
Hyman scores on the PP - 1-0 Edmonton
Edmonton outshoots Vancouver 15-4 in the first. 1-0 Oilers

Second Period
Vancouver scores less than a minute into the first when a point shot somehow deflects in off of Darnell Nurse's stick as he screens Skinner.
Vancouver scores again later in the period when somehow Brock Boeser gets left alone in front of the net with our forwards blowing the zone and/or missing coverage.
2-1 Canucks

Third Period
The Oilers press, but again, Silovs stands on his head.
Vancouver scores eight minutes into the second on a weak goal that should have been stopped.
The Oilers keep pressing and tie the game up with about five minutes left. Ryan McLeod finally gets on the scoresheet with a great pass to Foegele.
Oilers keep pressing, but Vancouver scores on the empty net.
Final Score: 4-2 Vancouver. Shots 42-17 Edmonton.

Reactions: Porkleaker

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
or anybodies liver

This Saturday night Skinner game is brought to you by your local Liquor store. Please enjoy Oilers fans and drink responsibly. Gallon Vodka bottles now sold out in the back. look for our new Vodka and Gin fill your own bottles pumps.

plastic-jug-vodka-alberta-canada-v0-uzaurgvbsntc1_result.jpg

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Really shameful no one in the media put some honest questions to Skinner. It's just a litany of "are you happy to be playing tonight Stu?"

Give me a break

How about "this isn't a one game thing and you've put your team in a tough spot. What are you going to do to preform at the level required?"

Not one question about 2 years of awful playoff performances.
I think Stu and basically told the media and coaching staff that the pressure is too much. “I let the emotions get to me” is essentially “pressure is too much”. That pressure cooker is going to ratcheted up even higher because the whole season depends on him. My guess- if he falters again - he asks for a trade because the hometown born and bred pressure is too much

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Maybe Pickard got sick? IDK. Another strange decision from an org loaded with strange decisions.

I hope (pray) Stu brings his absolute A game. Actually in a way his career, at least currently, depends on it.

I mean, if the flu is going around and he caught it that'd make perfect sense. Even if he's feeling a bit off, goalies lose way too much water weight in a game and that wouldn't really be safe.

I think Stu and basically told the media and coaching staff that the pressure is too much. “I let the emotions get to me” is essentially “pressure is too much”. That pressure cooker is going to ratcheted up even higher because the whole season depends on him. My guess- if he falters again - he asks for a trade because the hometown born and bred pressure is too much
Leafs would hop on that and maybe even take Campbell back too lmao

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Forwards put themselves in a tough spot last game...they did next to nothing for 2 periods.

I don't want Skinner in but they can each take some blame for where they stand.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm gonna say it. This might be the last stand of the McDrai era. And it comes down to if Skinner can stop a beach ball.

Ugh.

TheGingaNinja

Edmonton Ex-Pat who still loves his hometown team.
Sep 26, 2019
In the prediction thread, I said Oilers in 7. Here's hoping I was right. :oops:

I agree that Pickard should have started, but I am hoping that Skinner has a good game and makes a lot of folks eat a healthy dose of crow. :popcorn:

Reactions: bellagiobob

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
Sitting here thinking this might be the end of the McDrai era is disturbing.
Maybe that needs to happen to right this ship on this team, along with a new GM.

Don't think McDavid is going anywhere but Draisaitl is a different story I think.

But, regardless what happens, changes must be made on and off the ice.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Maybe that needs to happen to right this ship on this team, along with a new GM.

Don't think McDavid is going anywhere but Draisaitl is a different story I think.

But, regardless what happens, changes must be made on and off the ice.
Agree. But if they already have the new GM picked without an actual search like usual, then it could get worse instead of better.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Well, you’re a better fan than I am. I can’t get behind Skinner because he is what he is, a playoff dud. I can’t get behind whoever the f*** made this decision in an elimination game either. Absolutely brain dead decision and is nothing short of forfeiting the game.

I’ll gladly eat an entire murder of crows if he allows 2 goals or less but the Oilers are probably going to need 6+ in my opinion. They had that chance to blow Silvos open and failed in games 1 & 2. Now that he’s settled in, goals are hard to come by on him.

My prediction:
3-1 Canucks after 1
5-2 after 2
6-2 final.

Look, you're preaching to the choir. I don't get the decision to start Skinner but Skinner is an Oiler and we as fans have no control over the decisions so I'm going to throw my support behind him and hope that he validates my support. I'm not claiming superiority as a fan but it's just my perspective on it. I understand where you're coming from though, the decision to start him is baffling.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I mean, if the flu is going around and he caught it that'd make perfect sense. Even if he's feeling a bit off, goalies lose way too much water weight in a game and that wouldn't really be safe.

Leafs would hop on that and maybe even take Campbell back too lmao
LA would too

Reactions: Porkleaker

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
Agree. But if they already have the new GM picked without an actual search like usual, then it could get worse instead of better.
If what i'm reading and Davidson is flying to and from Vancouver and Edmonton, Holland is already gone for Columbus. I would not be surprise if Jackson was talking to GM candidates for months now.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad