NCAA GDT: College Football Playoff Final | Alabama 45 - 40 Clemson | Alabama Wins Another

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Heck of a game, Watson played great but the Clemson secondary and their special teams did them in. Bama is just a machine, maybe not as talented as previous years but man that front 7 takes a backseat to no one. Saban is the best coach of all time with what he's doing in this era.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Saban is 64? He looks young for that age.

Coker sounds like Elvis.

There was a picture of him floating around from his first game at Michigan State where he looks like he's 80. It's like he's getting younger.

I don't know if this was a truly great game, while still exciting and worthy, I think game needs to come down to that last possession to be one of those all-timers.

But I think if these two teams played 10 games, they'd both win 5. Unfortunately for Clemson that's not how football works and hopefully they'll be back here next year.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
There was a picture of him floating around from his first game at Michigan State where he looks like he's 80. It's like he's getting younger.

I don't know if this was a truly great game, while still exciting and worthy, I think game needs to come down to that last possession to be one of those all-timers.

But I think if these two teams played 10 games, they'd both win 5. Unfortunately for Clemson that's not how football works and hopefully they'll be back here next year.

Men look better as they age. Let's go men

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Lol that's like saying the red wings are gonna miss the playoffs or the pats will suck

Losing their defensive co-ordinator. Could have 4 players drafted in the 1st round and another 3 or 4 in the next 2 rounds. Everyone is saying tOSU will drop off next year due to their losses, just as much of a chance of 'Bama doing so as well.

...and I don't mean going 6-5 and going to the Car Quest Bowl. But 9-3? I could see that.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2705288

So on Thursday, Saban -- who has tried to denounce the story about him potentially going to Alabama numerous times in recent weeks -- again, and adamantly, denied that he's headed back to the college ranks.

"I guess I have to say it," Saban said. "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."

Ah, sorry, I thought you were quoting Saban on something he said in the past 8-9 years.

Yeah, his departure from the Dolphins wasn't the greatest, but at the time our AD Mal Moore (RIP) flew to Miami numerous times after been denied by Saban. After while he got Saban to agree to a sit down, and the rest is history.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Heck of a game, Watson played great but the Clemson secondary and their special teams did them in. Bama is just a machine, maybe not as talented as previous years but man that front 7 takes a backseat to no one. Saban is the best coach of all time with what he's doing in this era.

Agree with all of this. Watson was the MVP, if he had a better secondary and special teams, it might not have been a good outcome for the Tide.

On the Flip side, without Watson, I'm not sure Clemson would have even been able to make it a ball game. He's a special player.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Ah, sorry, I thought you were quoting Saban on something he said in the past 8-9 years.

Yeah, his departure from the Dolphins wasn't the greatest, but at the time our AD Mal Moore (RIP) flew to Miami numerous times after been denied by Saban. After while he got Saban to agree to a sit down, and the rest is history.

I think it shows nobody's perfect. Urb and Saban have made mistakes, but I think it's clear they are the two best coaches around. Saban is really, really something else.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
I think it shows nobody's perfect. Urb and Saban have made mistakes, but I think it's clear they are the two best coaches around. Saban is really, really something else.

Agree. I'm not an Urban guy just because my in-laws are from Columbus and they aren't the most 'educated' type when it comes to football. Smart people, but don't understand the sport and do not understand why they weren't in the playoffs this year even though they had 1 lose as did 3 of the 4 teams. The idea of conference champions goes right over their head. All that plus the fact that I went to the Sugar Bowl last year to see the Bama - OSU game and that was...not great.

Easily the two best coaches in the game. Right now, Saban has to have the edge after winning another National Championship.

On a slightly different note, Eli Gold, Alabama's radio announcer since Moby Dick was a minnow, gave his opinion that while he new Bear Bryant personally and called games while he was the coach, what Saban has been able to do in the short amount of time at Bama, makes him clearly the Greatest Coach of All Time.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Are they holding. Newspapers?

Yea if you go back and look at previous BCS/AP Champs after the title game they often hold papers showing their pictures. Im assuming the local paper will print a bunch for either team & just recycle the losing one.

Congrats to Bama. Saban is one helluva coach (yet again) and Henry just showed us why he won the Heisman. The Tide remind me of the U 1985-early 2000's.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Yea if you go back and look at previous BCS/AP Champs after the title game they often hold papers showing their pictures. Im assuming the local paper will print a bunch for either team & just recycle the losing one.

Congrats to Bama. Saban is one helluva coach (yet again) and Henry just showed us why he won the Heisman. The Tide remind me of the U 1985-early 2000's.

God I hope not. We are that thuggish

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I'm not an Alabama fan at all, but I must admit I enjoyed watching Coker, Henry, and especially Howard, who I found myself cheering for on his big plays. What a story.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00