Value of: Colin White (RFA July 1st 2019)

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Actually, upon further investigation, I am fairly certain Colin White is no eligible for an offer sheet.

It has nothing to do with his ELC directly though.

Similar to what happened with Johnny Gaudreau, Colin White burning year 1 of his ELC is not the same as White accruing a year of pro experience. White played less than 10 games so while he burned a year of his ELC (because he was no longer eligible for ELC slide), he did not accrue a year of pro experience.

Flames' Gaudreau can't receive offer sheet as restricted free agent

Extremely good news for the Senators. He would have been a prime candidate.

Main board thread jynx....carry on.

I obviously realized after this thread, that White isn't eligible for an offer sheet due to not accruing 3 pro seasons (despite completing a 3 year ELC) ....

Mods, this thread should be closed. White is not eligible for an offer sheet as stated above

Geez the vultures will have to fly off to somewhere else now I guess (assuming they read stuff of course).

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
That's surprising. I would jump on RNH for White if I was the Oilers. White could probably be signed to something similar to the Tuch contract right now (4.5-5.0 million for 6-8 seasons). That would give the Oilers a great team building piece cap wise.

Look at RNH, he's going to command 8 x 8 on his next deal. Is that something the Oilers would be able to do? If I were them and I could get a young 40-50 point two way center and cost control him in the 4.5 million range for many years to come, that's something I'd jump at. He may not be a guy who is going to pan out as a legitimate dangerous 2C every season for the next 6-8 seasons, but as the cap rises having a player like White at 4.5 million would be a great piece.
If RNH plays like a 8x8 player then sure we can pay him that in 2 yrs. Not going to freak out and dump him when he is only one scoring away from McDavid.
Wouldnt have traded RNH for an extended Duchene or Stone. White is at Dzingle level.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
If RNH plays like a 8x8 player then sure we can pay him that in 2 yrs. Not going to freak out and dump him when he is only one scoring away from McDavid.
Wouldnt have traded RNH for an extended Duchene or Stone. White is at Dzingle level.

I think RNH for an extended Stone would have made Edmonton a lot better... Stone can and will carry his own line.. he can also carry rookies and help develop them... he prob could have helped a lot with Pulj… so assuming he got Pulj going it would have been more like

RNH for Stone extended + Pulj.. because Stone could have really helped him reach his max potential.

Obviously getting an extended Stone without losing RNH would be better.

But really.. if your losing RNH I think dzingle would have had to be in the deal too...

Your top six would look a lot better..

Dzingle - Mcdavid - ???
Stone - Draisaitl - Pulj (assuming Stone can get him going)

The biggest problem is all the cap you would have to dump makes the trade too expensive.. I for one wanted Edmonton to make a splash with Ottawa.. being a fan of both teams.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Based on Baghdad Brucey's last propaganda hit, the groudwork is being laid and it looks like we may need to worry about the Colin White negotiations:

"A GM’s work is never done, so Dorion has a few issues left on his plate to deal with in the summer months. First, he has to get restricted free agents Colin White, Nick Paul, Michael Carcone and Christian Wolanin signed to new deals. Of that group, White might be the most difficult to sign and will be the most interesting to watch."

Interesting to watch??? Hmmmm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad