Player Discussion Colin White - C/RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Actually i think reality is that all players train in the summer. In Brown's case it apoeared he upped his routine last summer and made a big deal out of it. That's the oddity. The oddity is not that you didn't see a shit load of tweets about White.

White was asked about his off season training... he said he skated a bit. Anyway... I don’t really care... you have no evidence he did any significant strength training and there is lots to the contrary. I can watch him and see that he is weak and under skilled so whatever he attempted did not support strong, effective play. Enjoy your day.

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
White was asked about his off season training... he said he skated a bit. Anyway... I don’t really care.. I can watch him and see that he is weak and under skilled. Enjoy your day.

The days of drinking beer all summer and showing up to camp to get in shape ended years ago

White is listed at 5 foot 11 or 6 feet and the lightest weight i can find is 183. He's not small per se but he's not built like a tank either

You see guys employ different training strategies and diets all the time. For example there was a good story with Boro about two months ago talking about playing at 220 versus 205.

I don't think it's the case that White didn't train at all. I think it's more the case that strength is a noted deficiency so we'll see a customized program for him this summer to address that.

Reactions: Raze The Stray

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
White was asked about his off season training... he said he skated a bit. Anyway... I don’t really care... you have no evidence he did any significant strength training and there is lots to the contrary. I can watch him and see that he is weak and under skilled so whatever he attempted did not support strong, effective play. Enjoy your day.
hes played well son, hes played well.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
hes played well son, hes played well.

No. He has not. Brady has played well. He has played sub replacement level below the level of guys you can pay league min.

Im optimistic about his play the last few games yet cautious that some of his decent/good plays came against weak opponents. A bunch of his points are secondary assists but I think it is safe to say he has a little more confidence which is good.

I really hope he adds some strength which will give him a chance to find a niche for him as an effective top 9 forward.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
No. He has not. Brady has played well. He has played sub replacement level below the level of guys you can pay league min.

Im optimistic about his play the last few games yet cautious that some of his decent/good plays came against weak opponents. A bunch of his points are secondary assists but I think it is safe to say he has a little more confidence which is good.

I really hope he adds some strength which will give him a chance to find a niche for him as an effective top 9 forward.
thatas what i meant.. hes played well. hes played well the last few weeks. hes never gonna be a driver. hes a facilitator. at his peak he will play a game that makes it easy for the better players on his line to play theirs'

Reactions: Sweatred

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Ya, Okay ... whatever. Ignore what ever you want. Let’s just agree to disagree. I’ll take the worlds of his coach and GM... I’ll even take his own words. He was asked about his off season prep last summer. In the end it won’t matter, I assume he will have to earn his PT in 2020. I certainly hope he does.
Love to see links to all this stuff that I am ignoring.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
thatas what i meant.. hes played well. hes played well the last few weeks. hes never gonna be a driver. hes a facilitator. at his peak he will play a game that makes it easy for the better players on his line to play theirs'

That fair - It will be interesting to see where he sorts out between 2020 picks, Norris, Arti, Brown, and eventually Pinto plus who ever else we add.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Nonsense.

There is zero evidence to prove anything of the sort and this has nothing to do with defending CW simply for the heck of it.

Now all of a sudden BG is the sober voice of reason?

Everything about Colin White has and does indicate he is almost manic about being a hockey player (hence his nickname Rat Rink).

Not being strong enough could just as easily be a function of the training he is doing, his body composition, his desired results, any number of things are far more likely than, "He doesn't post his workouts so obviously he doesn't train in the off season"

This has nothing to do with CW to me - I would have the same stance about any player based on the reasoning used for your judgement.

Good lord what have the Kardashians done to the world?!

Exactly... It's the same reason I ended up defending Colin Greening in 2013, even though he was the player I disliked the most and that I criticized before anybody

Most of the time it's not the subject for me, but the way some people build their anti-Christ agendas. so freaking ridiculous

And I don't think I have seen many "defending" White this season, I think we were all just very annoyed by the "noise"

I thought we'd get a little break with the situation but it doesn't look like it. I'm not sure what it'll take

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Exactly... It's the same reason I ended up defending Colin Greening in 2013, even though he was the player I disliked the most and that I criticized before anybody

Most of the time it's not the subject for me, but the way some people build their anti-Christ agendas. so freaking ridiculous

And I don't think I have seen many "defending" White this season, I think we were all just very annoyed by the "noise"

I thought we'd get a little break with the situation but it doesn't look like it. I'm not sure what it'll take

Your part of the noise - thanks for interrupting a discussion about CW in the CW thread... I am sorry (not really) it doesn’t suit your narrative.. for future reference please remind yourself you don’t have to read or respond. Now I’m going to go tell people to stop talking about COVID in the COVID thread.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Your part of the noise - thanks for interrupting a discussion about CW in the CW thread... I am sorry (not really) it doesn’t suit your narrative.. for future reference please remind yourself you don’t have to read or respond. Now I’m going to go tell people to stop talking about COVID in the COVID thread.

:laugh:

Keep going, you're on your way to become a meme on this board

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Some random Colin White stats using 400 minutes of ice at 5 on 5...for the record the Sens have 10 such players

CF of 49.12% which is 3rd
Shots for of 47 71% which is 6th
Goals for of 46.03% which is 7th
XGF of 51 3% which is 4th
SCF of 49.39% which is 4th
HDCF of 50.49% which is 5th
Total points of 18 which is T7th

That's full season data...all of those stats kind of point to he should have more points on the board

When i adjust to see how he is doing since January 1, using 250 minutes which is 9 players I get

2nd
3rd
3rd
2nd
2nd
4th
4th in total points....again with the indicators leading you to believe that he should be putting more points on the board

Keep in mind the perspective here is that this year has been a disaster and we seem to have near unanimous agreement that he'll do better next year

Reactions: h2owned and OD99

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Some random Colin White stats using 400 minutes of ice at 5 on 5...for the record the Sens have 10 such players

That's full season data...all of those stats kind of point to he should have more points on the board

When i adjust to see how he is doing since January 1, using 250 minutes which is 9 players I get

2nd
3rd
3rd
2nd
2nd
4th
4th in total points....again with the indicators leading you to believe that he should be putting more points on the board

Keep in mind the perspective here is that this year has been a disaster and we seem to have near unanimous agreement that he'll do better next year

Just to add, wrt individual stats:

Team RankingGoals/60Total Assists/60First Assists/60Total Points/60ixG/60
1 Jan to present51334
Season941089
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Here it is in rates,

Colin WhiteGoals/60Total Assists/60First Assists/60Total Points/60ixG/60
YTD0.380.990.311.380.5
Jan to present0.511.190.511.70.59
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

2nd
3rd
3rd
2nd
2nd
4th

Interesting stats - do your rankings include the players that were traded away (Pager, Ennis) or just the remaining players . We don’t have many top 6 players left on the roster. Brady? I’d consider Brown and Duc top 9 players. Are you comparing his shot totals with dman etc too?

A simple eye test of his game supports he has had a brutal year. I would love him to lock down 2C as much as anyone - but the effectiveness he has shown this year won’t do anything to lift this team out of the bottom next year. It has to get better.

Last edited:

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

2nd
3rd
3rd
2nd
2nd
4th

Hmmm...fact based stats have no place here apparently as I expect this quote to represent the poster:

"Ya, Okay ... whatever. Ignore what ever you want".

EDIT

Perhaps I spoke to soon and if so I apologize Sweatred.

Would be great to keep our discussions on point and not delve in to Instagram to determine workout habits.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Interesting stats - do your rankings include the players that were traded away (Pager, Ennis) or just the remaining players . We don’t have many top 6 players left on the roster. Brady? I’d consider Brown and Duc top 9 players. Are you comparing his shot goals with dman etc too?

A simple eye test of his game supports he has had a brutal year. I would love him to lock down 2C as much as anyone - but the effectiveness he has shown this year won’t do anything to lift this team out of the bottom next year. It has to get better.

The stats included players that met minimum ice time thresholds...10 players for the full year 500 minute stats and 9 players for the 250 minute post January 1 stats

Where traded away players met the threshold yes they are represented. I closed the window so no longer have them handy but Pageau, Namestikov and Ennis were in there, I'm not sure if they were in both.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Hmmm...fact based stats have no place here apparently as I expect this quote to represent the poster:

"Ya, Okay ... whatever. Ignore what ever you want".

EDIT

Perhaps I spoke to soon and if so I apologize Sweatred.

Would be great to keep our discussions on point and not delve in to Instagram to determine workout habits.

Many 22 year olds record their training to social media, especially when they are proud of it. There are also accounts of his coach, GM, BG, and his entrance interview at training camp discussing his training regime. This is far from an “instagram” thing. We know what Bath did all summer, we know what Brady did, we know what Brown did , we know what Form did. They openly share and discuss in in interviews. Maybe CW is that guy that outworks them all and just avoids it in interviews etc... who knows...

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Some people are so quick to throw people into some kinda camp, and use that as an insult. The melynk lovers, the melnyk haters. The Boro lovers or haters. Its bizarre. Just like in politics, its an insult to be called a liberal or a convservative depending on which camp someone is on.

And if you're more in the centre, well that just won't do!

Reactions: Xspyrit

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Thanks for those @JD1 and @Micklebot . It sure looked to me like his game was improving in the new year. The stats support that.

Looking quickly at February 1 forward, his stats are all noticeably better but his rankings are actually a bit worse...seems we've got an across the board improvement in the stats i quoted since February 1

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Many 22 year olds record their training to social media, especially when they are proud of it. There are also accounts of his coach, GM, BG, and his entrance interview at training camp discussing his training regime. This is far from an “instagram” thing. We know what Bath did all summer, we know what Brady did, we know what Brown did , we know what Form did. They openly share and discuss in in interviews. Maybe CW is that guy that outworks them all and just avoids it in interviews etc... who knows...

OK we are back to agree to disagree...can't wrap my head around determining if he worked out based on social media (and potentially a handful of comments which I have yet to see) - someone's desire to share doesn't play in to my thought process.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
OK we are back to agree to disagree...can't wrap my head around determining if he worked out based on social media (and potentially a handful of comments which I have yet to see) - someone's desire to share doesn't play in to my thought process.

No problem - I listened to his entrance interview at training camp (along with many of the players)... I just have no interest in digging it up. PD and DJ’s comments are available. In the end you like what you see or you don’t.

Last edited:

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
No problem - I listened to his entrance interview at training camp (along with many of the players)... I just have no interest in digging it up. PD and DJ’s comments are available. In the end you like what you see or you don’t.

Well...don't do that now.

We aren't talking about his performance - it should be plain as day that everyone on here is disappointed but feels that his past history and then recent play has people optimistic he can be the player most hoped next season.

We are talking strictly about getting on a player for not working out in the off season because he didn't post it to social media when some other did - that's it.

We disagree completely on that and I am more than fine with you making your decisions however you like.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
looks like he just needs to start fresh, commit and power through to success. He’s got most of the tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad