NFL: Colin Kaepernick benched

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Goff to niners

If they use their 1st round pick to draft someone like Goff this year, they're only setting themselves to repeat what happened with Alex Smith. A team that has so many holes, a high pick QB, and pressure to get him in there when he'll be set up to fail due to all the holes on the roster and a pretty bad management and coaching arrangement. If they're smart, they rebuild that offensive line first. Get Tunsil and go from there.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Yup. Get Tunsil, they need to find Staley's successor that can play right now. Move Boone to RG or RT, slot Tunsil at LG.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Who said that?

I specifically remember the owner talking about it after the 2012 Super Bowl loss.

And then there are a bunch of folks that discussed it over the years.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/18/roger-craig-sees-a-harbaugh-led-49ers-dynasty/

http://www.footballnation.com/content/super-bowl-xlvii-rebirth-49er-dynasty/21074/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ions-2012-49ers-on-the-verge-of-a-new-dynasty

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/141773176/aldon-smith-arrest-san-francisco-49ers-dynasty

http://thesportspost.com/nfl-nfc-west-san-francisco-49ers-should-have-been-dynasty/

Usually this type of talk comes after winning a Super Bowl. Not before. It's why it's sort of comical to see this insane collapse. There was supposed to be a dynasty. The 49ers "almost dynasty" is one of the biggest failures in pro sports in years.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Because writers make speculation doesn't mean it's actually true.

49ers won a lot of playoff games and came within 5 yards of a Lombardi in 3 years. Yes, it's a bummer they didn't win it all, but let's cut down on the dramatics. Those 49ers teams were.really good, but never the clear cut sb favorite in any season.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
You asked me "who said that?" as if no one said it. Plenty of people said it. There was a lot of chatter about a potential dynasty. There's no "dramatics" at play other than 49ers supporters who were blowing their dynasty wads before winning a Super Bowl.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
You asked me "who said that?" as if no one said it. Plenty of people said it. There was a lot of chatter about a potential dynasty. There's no "dramatics" at play other than 49ers supporters who were blowing their dynasty wads before winning a Super Bowl.

There was potential. It didn't pan out. I don't understand what the big deal is. Are you actually hung up on what people said three years ago?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

A few people made incorrect claims. Big deal.

Sf fans have seen a dynasty. An overwhelmingly majority of us didn't count our eggs before they hatched.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
The 49ers "almost dynasty" is one of the biggest failures in pro sports in years.

Please. It's not like they were picked to win it all and finished in the bottom 5 each year. The majority of teams in pro sports would take a similar run the 49ers had over a three year stretch. They fell short of winning a super bowl but could've won any of those three playoff games. It was disappointing to get close and fall short but not even close to a huge failure. Get out of here with that.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
There was potential. It didn't pan out. I don't understand what the big deal is. Are you actually hung up on what people said three years ago?

Hung up? No.

Find it funny? Yup.

A few people made incorrect claims. Big deal.

Sf fans have seen a dynasty. An overwhelmingly majority of us didn't count our eggs before they hatched.

You're right. Which is another reason why I found it so comical.

Please. It's not like they were picked to win it all and finished in the bottom 5 each year. The majority of teams in pro sports would take a similar run the 49ers had over a three year stretch. They fell short of winning a super bowl but could've won any of those three playoff games. It was disappointing to get close and fall short but not even close to a huge failure. Get out of here with that.

Get out of here with what? Going from Super Bowl runner up to the team falling apart in a few years is the definition of a failure.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
When he left, we were so happy and most of us expected the Niners to draft him at 7 and were giddy.

Jags have kinda been my AFC team. Nearly cried when I saw they traded up for him.

In THAT draft too.:naughty:

Cam Newton
Von Miller
Marcel Dareus
AJ Green
Julio Jones
Aldon Smith
Jake Locker
Tyron Smith
Gabbert
JJ Watt

Ad