NFL: Colin Kaepernick benched

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
A team is willingly turning to Gabbert. Incredible.

That's gotta be it for Kaepernick in SF.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
The 49ers were in the NFC title game in January 2014. How many starters are left? Incredible...

Jed York is trying to out Ford the Fords.

VmHnLxj.jpg

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Kaepernick = awful

never saw what people liked about him. The Raiders were really high on him in the draft. That should tell you everything.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Kaepernick = awful

never saw what people liked about him. The Raiders were really high on him in the draft. That should tell you everything.

He was able to win a lot of big games. It's really not hard to understand why people liked him.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Maybe. His peaks and valleys have just been too extreme this year.

I think there's just too much going against him to bring him back. Him not playing well is the main thing. On top of that it sounds like he has lost the support of players in the locker room (if you believe Rapoport). Plus he has a cap hit of $16M once his salary for next season becomes guaranteed.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
He was able to win a lot of big games. It's really not hard to understand why people liked him.

He and Russell Wilson kept winning games because of their defense. SF has crumbled, Seattle will soon realize that Wilson is garbage after Lynch retires and they can't keep the D together because of Wilson's fat paycheque.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
He and Russell Wilson kept winning games because of their defense. SF has crumbled, Seattle will soon realize that Wilson is garbage after Lynch retires and they can't keep the D together because of Wilson's fat paycheque.

It hasn't panned out, but to say you don't know why people liked him doesn't make much sense. They were winning playoff games for the first time since Steve Young was the QB. Easy to get behind your QB after a long time of failure.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
It hasn't panned out, but to say you don't know why people liked him doesn't make much sense. They were winning playoff games for the first time since Steve Young was the QB. Easy to get behind your QB after a long time of failure.

Especially when he was winning games with his play. The vaunted 49ers defense was gouged in the playoffs but Kap won games and wasn't a passenger.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I think there's just too much going against him to bring him back. Him not playing well is the main thing. On top of that it sounds like he has lost the support of players in the locker room (if you believe Rapoport). Plus he has a cap hit of $16M once his salary for next season becomes guaranteed.

I'm sure some are frustrated. This is a chance to see if Gabbert can do something.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Not gonna solve a mediocre group of receivers, banged up backfield, a horrendous coaching staff, and even worse offensive line. No surprise there were some smear articles/reports about him before the benching, just like with Harbaugh. Kaepernick is the scape goat but the front office is the issue with this franchise right now. Wish they'd answer questions from the media but good luck with getting them to talk.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Not gonna solve a mediocre group of receivers, banged up backfield, a horrendous coaching staff, and even worse offensive line. No surprise there were some smear articles/reports about him before the benching, just like with Harbaugh. Kaepernick is the scape goat but the front office is the issue with this franchise right now. Wish they'd answer questions from the media but good luck with getting them to talk.

I just read an article that said Harbaugh told the F.O. he thought Kap had peaked and that became a major issue. This was written a pretty reliable source of 49er news. I know its unfair to say but if two players in the room text a media guy saying he needs to sit to get straight, 25 others are thinking the same thing. His career isn't over by any means.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I'm surprised at myself for it, but I kind of feel bad for the guy?

I feel bad that it had to come to this because I'm a fan of his and he has put on some great performances but this year has been so up and down. He was always streaky but never flat out terrible. This year he's either been good or just bad. He is unfairly treated by the media but his play this year hasn't been up to par.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
it's one thing to get benched, it's another to get benched for BLAINE GABBERT

wow that is just awful. what the hell happened to kaepernick? i know the team as a whole is embarrassingly bad but still, from super bowl run to getting benched for gabbert. quite the downward spiral

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad