Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Stars -- Matt Murray is damn good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
++++ Murray: What a game by Muz. Dude made key save after key save. Would like a little better team defense, but so be it. Muz was key tonight. We don't want to rely on making that many crazy saves. We have to commit to team defense a lot better.

++++ Sid's line: Once again Sid's line from the drop of the puck was on it. Great energy and Rusty had himself a game. He started the energy off and Jakey put it home. Great game again by Sid's line. I'm running out of words.

++++ McCann!! WHAT A GOAL! He was dangerous and the kid just keeps scoring. And what else can you say? His goal tonight speaks for itself. Beauty. Minor pluses to both Kessel/Bluegs who finally looked to click a bit as a line.

= Defense: Some really sloppy in-zone play but also some good PKing and individual play. I don't know how to rate the defense as a whole. A little all over the map. I did not like the in-zone play. But that was probably a bit team related.

- L3: Probably their worst game in about 10. Just not playing well tonight and defensively were not good. Lots of transition on that line.
L3??? I watched only third period, they were the only line in third with the pulse, they had 3 great chances...unless you think that Kessel line is third line

Reactions: Shady Machine

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
The Penguin beer (Rogue's Outta Line IPA) I picked up proved to be good luck. I poured my first one just before McCann's spectacular shorty. :thumbu: Really good brew as well.
rogueouttalinepourx600.jpg

Can't go wrong going Rogue...

Reactions: HuskerTornado

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Teddy B is an NHL player. Amazing what a couple of young sets of legs have done for this team. Bjugs has been good as well. Not sure if they have the horses to go far this year, but it definately opens up options for JR come offseason.

If we are going to make a run, Geno need to connect with two linemates and I would put Phil with Bjugs.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Murray stole this in the third....

letang and dumo were having problems skting out with the puck...good pressure by Stars in the third....

we have to find the way to boost that fourth line, sully is killing our top 5-6 players, he basically played first line and then Cullen, Bjugs and Hrony, last 6 minutes...

Reactions: Andy99 and ColePens

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
This one was all Murr and McCann Can(i'll give Phil an even with the nice pass and a good clear late in the 3rd) with some nice 3rd line 2-way work even tho they didn't pot one.
Sid's line had some great looks offensively but were an absolute tire fire from the NZ to their DZ.
Hopefully some home cookin' gets pair 1 + Sid playing like they need to be.
I know JR said he thought G would be out 2 weeks last weekend/Monday?...so another week without him probably coming up.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

Vegeta

God Dammit Nappa
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.
- That 2nd goal was a shot that Murray HAS to save.
- High glove, where have I seen that before?
- Murray just can't close out a period without letting in a goal.
+ Other than that Murray played a great game, but again he shouldn't have let in either goal.

Jeez man. Prime Dominik Hasek could be in net right now and you'd still find a way to call him trash. Do you really expect Murray to be infallible? Dude was the best Pen on the ice...again.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
We gave up way too many good chances against. MM once again really, really good.

Seeing some chemistry at ES with McCann and Phil is a big deal, gives us some good options when Geno gets back.

I like the shut down defensive line at the end with Cullen, PH and Bjugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad