Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Leafs - Armageddon at 2-1-0

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
At least I get a free Big Mac out of the game.

macintyre_fight_rotation487_381.jpg

You should've read the fine print.

spizzle420

May 22, 2008
T.O.
it's probably been talked about but shouldn't the Leafs 1st goal ... not have counted? debatable

To me Kulemin tosses Engo into Fleury but I don't blame the refs for not catching it... or should I?

It was stealth opposed to blatant.

BigBadBoris

Apr 3, 2012
More mention of 71's struggles but still more hate towards 87's game. Doesn't make sense personally but hey that's just my worthless opinion :loony:

Both Sid and Geno was pretty bad with their passing in this game and both are mentioned in this thread as far I can tell

Cardboard Orpik

Out 4-6 Weeks
Jun 18, 2011
Concerning weird line adjustments: This is happening all over the league right now and has a lot to do with coaches trying to manage exhaustion due to the condensed schedule and quick start. I imagine we'll see less of these odd line combos as all the players get back into shape and used to the schedule.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
So does this mean we are missing the playoffs?

I hate comments like this.

Just because it's one game doesn't mean that some of our negative comments are meaningless.

I remember posters saying the same thing after those back to back losses to the Isles last year. Those losses directly led to finishing 4th and facing Philly, instead of 1st and facing Ott. Philly was the team in the East that had the best chance of beating us and we could have avoided them win one more win throughout the season. Who knows what would have happened if the Pens had finished first last year, but I can pretty confidently say that they would have made it past the first round.

Losses are especially costly in a shortened season.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I hate comments like this.

Just because it's one game doesn't mean that some of our negative comments are meaningless.

I remember posters saying the same thing after those back to back losses to the Isles last year. Those losses directly led to finishing 4th and facing Philly, instead of 1st and facing Ott. Philly was the team in the East that had the best chance of beating us and we could have avoided them win one more win throughout the season. Who knows what would have happened if the Pens had finished first last year, but I can pretty confidently say that they would have made it past the first round.

Losses are especially costly in a shortened season.

So are we?

I was not being serious.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
it's probably been talked about but shouldn't the Leafs 1st goal ... not have counted? debatable

To me Kulemin tosses Engo into Fleury but I don't blame the refs for not catching it... or should I?

It was stealth opposed to blatant.

That was crap...

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
LOLupul is out for 6 weeks. Looks like we won the war.

a) Do we really want to go to the place of cheering for injuries? Hopefully we are not that fan base. Especially with all the serious injuries the Pens have had to deal with the past few years.

b) what war is this anyways? Against Toronto, a team not even in our division? I did not even realize war had been declared.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
a) Do we really want to go to the place of cheering for injuries? Hopefully we are not that fan base. Especially with all the serious injuries the Pens have had to deal with the past few years.

b) what war is this anyways? Against Toronto, a team not even in our division? I did not even realize war had been declared.

I just told myself the last part was sarcasm and moved on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad