Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens/Habs Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I have been watching hockey all day, but I managed to post today fairly often.
I saw that. Figured it was not sarcastic, but ya never know.

I have two games on right now on two different screens. My head is literally swinging back and forth.

I watched them all yesterday so I need to pretend to be a father today.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I watched them all yesterday so I need to pretend to be a father today.

Mine are all asleep... long night early rise... just me in a dark room with bean bag chairs... a 95 pound german shepherd laying next to me... with two bright white screens with hockey games.

I have 50k on the blue jackets ... I was going to watch 'Greyhound', but I'm going to stick to the hockey until at least the 3rd if the CBJ game is close... if close I'll close it out watching the whole game.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
On a lighter note, I didn’t realize everyone‘s favorite Bud Moonshine got to do Toronto. Pretty good for him.

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
At this point, I put the PP on the coaches. A collection of buffoons. Whether it's the players not listening or them not coaching, they don't proactively screen or make the goalie move side to side. Think back to that three touch that ended with Geno taking a one timer from high middle. Price was square and saw it because NOBODY screened him as the play developed. So, that rare time they actually do it right up high-- and it is RARE-- it doesn't matter. Is it players not listening or caring or the coaches not instructing? At this point . . . WHO ******** CARES?
Not having Horny on the 1st unit is mind boggling

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
I’m still trying to process what my eyes showed me last night.

tenor.gif

I can’t get it to make sense.

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
It’s ok everyone! Maybe they’ll figure out the power play before Monday! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: (That’s an eye roll smiley for every man advantage they sucked on)
You can add the 7th eye roll smiley..... the 2nd PP unit scored our only PP goal

That 1st unit is abysmal

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Meanwhile, Kingerski diagrammed the first one. ZAR and Tanev over-committed?

Diagramming the First Montreal Goal, Is Jack Johnson to Blame?

EDIT: I still think the guy who deflected the shot in front was Johnson's man and the 'he whiffed on the check and didn't tie him up' critique still holds, but it's good to see the role the forwards not named Blueger played on that one, especially given what happen happened in OT.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crosbyfan

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
- this team plays playoff hockey like a scrimmage practice. engage them physically and they're ready to check out

- sid looks about ready to check out, one more semi cheap shot by the habs with no one backing the captain and he's probably done like he was last year after cizikas got in his face

- think I had enough of no look cross ice passes and behind the back passes in the first game to last the series. when the 4th line is doing it as well, you know there's a problem. soooo fancy smh

- did we not see sheary fall down enough and miss glorious opportunities a handful of times per game in his first stint here??
thank you to Mr. rutherford for making this possible again

- not all on murray, but he needs to stop that 2nd goal. I don't care where it was placed. you're 6'4....cut down that angle.
the first goal? Bad bounce (flueryied) s*** happens

Reactions: Andy99 and PaulD

cvrle1

Jun 24, 2017

- did we not see sheary fall down enough and miss glorious opportunities a handful of times per game in his first stint here??
thank you to Mr. rutherford for making this possible again

- not all on murray, but he needs to stop that 2nd goal. I don't care where it was placed. you're 6'4....cut down that angle.
the first goal? Bad bounce (flueryied) s*** happens

Blame that on Sullivan. he pushed for this trade to be made like mad. He also made sure that player that can actually play and is actually good and young was in the doghouse for no reason, so he gets shipped out for Sulli's nephew in law (yes, Sheary is married to Sullivan's niece) Both of these guys should be gone at the end of this season, no matter how it ends. Sullivan lost players, they are doing whatever they want, he is letting Recchi still run PP, after it was utter crap for 2 seasons, refuses to change lines and work matchups in his favor, keeps playing JJ for some stupid reason, and loves ZAR.

We wil need to change saying from dont pull Bylsma to dont pull Sulli, as what he is doing is even worse than Bylsma's worse lol.

Reactions: lastcupever75

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Blame that on Sullivan. he pushed for this trade to be made like mad. He also made sure that player that can actually play and is actually good and young was in the doghouse for no reason, so he gets shipped out for Sulli's nephew in law (yes, Sheary is married to Sullivan's niece) Both of these guys should be gone at the end of this season, no matter how it ends. Sullivan lost players, they are doing whatever they want, he is letting Recchi still run PP, after it was utter crap for 2 seasons, refuses to change lines and work matchups in his favor, keeps playing JJ for some stupid reason, and loves ZAR.

We wil need to change saying from dont pull Bylsma to dont pull Sulli, as what he is doing is even worse than Bylsma's worse lol.
dude, that’s not even remotely true...

Last edited by a moderator:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Meanwhile, Kingerski diagrammed the first one. ZAR and Tanev over-committed?

Diagramming the First Montreal Goal, Is Jack Johnson to Blame?

EDIT: I still think the guy who deflected the shot in front was Johnson's man and the 'he whiffed on the check and didn't tie him up' critique still holds, but it's good to see the role the forwards not named Blueger played on that one, especially given what happen happened in OT.
I still leave that line alone, sort of. The one that worries me is the 3rd line. I liked the "Juice Line" a lot more with Roddy Rod, McCann and Horny. I want to like Marleau but at this point I think swapping him in and out with ZAR to get more punch there with blue and Turbo.

I want to see Lafferty in at some point, he was easily one of the better forwards all scrimmage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad