Cole's Plus/Minus: Geno is in God Mode

penguins2946*

Fleury and Sid did not have a good game. Letang was downright horrendous. The 4th line, Pouliot and Malkin were great.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
Fleury and Sid did not have a good game. Letang was downright horrendous. The 4th line, Pouliot and Malkin were great.

Fleury would have easily been a + tonight had it not been for that 3rd goal. He made quite a few good saves when the game was still close in the 1st.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Geno and Pouliot get my pluses.

And Letang. That shortie was his fault on the telegraphed pass, but he singlehandedly killed more Jackets forechecks than I care to count.

Edit: don't care that the jackets had a bit of a comeback in the third. Thought we looked great as a club.

YinzAintBurgh*

-144 is JJ all time. We need him in Pittsburgh! Trade Kunitz :sarcasm:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Fleury must be happy that he missed the net there, had that gone in a second after the game ended...ouch.

Hate the pacifistic response to the Tropp hit, otherwise we dominated an inferior team.

Geno is God and Pouliot was fantastic.

penguins2946*

Fleury would have easily been a + tonight had it not been for that 3rd goal. He made quite a few good saves when the game was still close in the 1st.

The 2nd goal was pretty bad too, I absolutely hate it when he does crap like that. He made some stellar saves, but he let in 2 bad goals and wasn't tested much.

hermes3893*

Hoping Ehrhoff is alright. Our defense looked much better last game with him in.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I like Winnik. He's big, wins battles, and has excellent vision. That guy is going to really improve whatever line he's on.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
+ 71 was turning it up tonight. We need him to find his groove as the games start to matter more
+ Pouliot had his coming out party this game. Phenomenal showing by him. He has to be the guy on the PP. He's just so good offensively.
+ Hornqvist may be the most unsung player in the league. Every game he plays in he's solid. I have no idea what we did without this guy.
+ Winnik brings everything we needed in that bottom 6. I think he showed a lot more offensive savvy than I thought he'd have. He set Downie up a couple times. If those two start finding some chemisty, we'll be in good shape

- I thought Despres had a rough game. He made some real dumb passes
- Same goes for Letang

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
+++ Geno, there is nothing like watching him dominate with that hopping step
+ 4th line, it took some time, but in the end they had an impact (shame the PP was wasted)...of course now they need to show it against a good opponent
+ DP, just smooth
+ Hornqvist
- Letang's dumbass decisions and give aways
- seemingly not caring anymore in the 2nd half of the 3rd period

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Geno and Pouliot get my pluses.

And Letang. That shortie was his fault on the telegraphed pass, but he singlehandedly killed more Jackets forechecks than I care to count.

When Malkin plays like this, anything is possible for this team, but I'd feel better when the playoffs roll around if he had a little more help.

I'd just roll with DP in the playoffs. He'll make mistakes, but whatever you're maybe thinking you can get won't be better.

kodoshin

Mar 26, 2007
+ Malkin - IDDQD
+ Fourth line
+ 3 PPG's

- Fleury - last goal was brutal.
- Letang - Absolute disaster with the puck tonight.
- Another shorthanded goal allowed.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011

Pretty much.

Can't tell if johnston is just incapable of keeping hold of the players attention or they just don't respect him, this team abandons defensive structure at the drop of a hat, as soon as they went up big they freelanced their way through every zone. Same for the powerplay, especially crosby and letang, they eliminate their supposed advantage in skill through sheer dimwitted decisions.

Crosby has to be moved from that right boards position, you could plug any random 4th liner in that spot and he'd do just as good by playing the way crosby plays that position, hold the puck until you're covered and you're only options are pass through a waiting defender or back to the point, that's his only ever options becuase he sure won't ever shoot it. He actually did something different when he was on his off wing and it lead to a goal. I just can't imagine coaches paid to do this for a living can't get this through his head.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
When Malkin plays like this, anything is possible for this team, but I'd feel better when the playoffs roll around if he had a little more help.

I'd just roll with DP in the playoffs. He'll make mistakes, but whatever you're maybe thinking you can get won't be better.

Yeah. Judging by the Yandle trade, the cost of acquiring a guy who does more for you than DP right this second is all kinds of "no thanks"

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+ 71 was turning it up tonight. We need him to find his groove as the games start to matter more
+ Pouliot had his coming out party this game. Phenomenal showing by him. He has to be the guy on the PP. He's just so good offensively.
+ Hornqvist may be the most unsung player in the league. Every game he plays in he's solid. I have no idea what we did without this guy.
+ Winnik brings everything we needed in that bottom 6. I think he showed a lot more offensive savvy than I thought he'd have. He set Downie up a couple times. If those two start finding some chemisty, we'll be in good shape

- I thought Despres had a rough game. He made some real dumb passes
- Same goes for Letang

I'm a lot more worried about his linemates slowing him down than the opposition when that time comes.

He can have a Kunitz or a Comeau on one of his wings. Both . . . I think he's your biggest asset right now and instead of leveraging it, you're stacking the deck against him. Hope I'm wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad