Prospect Info: Cole Schwindt (RW) (2019, #81 overall), Mississauga Steelheads (OHL), signed ELC 4/8/20

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
With the Panthers having to share affiliates with Tampa, I have no idea who will play and who won't. Hopefully he does. He is currently at the Panthers camp.
The more I think about it, can he actually even play in the AHL? If he doesn't make the Panthers would he just be sent back to Junior?

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I just looked, he turns 20 on April 25th. My understanding is if he doesn't make the Panthers, because he won't be 20 yet, he has to return to his OHL team in Mississauga.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I just looked, he turns 20 on April 25th. My understanding is if he doesn't make the Panthers, because he won't be 20 yet, he has to return to his OHL team in Mississauga.
He can’t play in AHL unless OHL doesn’t play: my guess is that the OHL plays

This simply giving a prospect an opportunity to play and get experience: we only have two other CHL prospects (Sourdif and Rybinski) not playing. Given they don’t have contracts we haven’t invited them to camp

Reactions: Cold Cat

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
He can’t play in AHL unless OHL doesn’t play: my guess is that the OHL plays

This simply giving a prospect an opportunity to play and get experience: we only have two other CHL prospects (Sourdif and Rybinski) not playing. Given they don’t have contracts we haven’t invited them to camp
OHL is delayed indefinitely, I'm wondering how long they can wait it out until they are allowed in the AHL. I guess it will have to be decided at the beginning of the AHL's training camp. Also, Syracuse had said that they would play the minimum number of games (24), I wonder if that changes with the Panthers jumping in.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
OHL is delayed indefinitely, I'm wondering how long they can wait it out until they are allowed in the AHL. I guess it will have to be decided at the beginning of the AHL's training camp. Also, Syracuse had said that they would play the minimum number of games (24), I wonder if that changes with the Panthers jumping in.

Some good info if you read through the tweets here.
Post season is up in the air.
Seems this year is to keep everyone playing and for younger guys to not lose a year of development

And this guy below is following any updates as well

https://mobile.twitter.com/pwilliamsNHL

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad