Player Discussion: Cole Perfetti 10th OA Pick - signed ELC 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
Hmm, I may have assumed that because Rossi got loaned out Perfetti could be too but maybe it's different for imports.

Fair enough. However, Perfetti would have to sign a contact with a team overseas and play for them instead of the OHL if he doesn't make the NHL. I don't think that has happened for many Canadians. Rossi was in the ZSC Lions system since he was 13.

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
Took long enough

Unless players have a good chance to make the NHL, there isn't any rush as they have two years. It can often be in the players best interest to wait if they won't make the NHL soon as they can only really negotiate bonuses.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Honestly Cole looks 2 or 3 years younger than Lafreniere for sure. It’s one of the reasons I was so high on him. He was totally dominating the OHL while being physically immature still.

I really don't see any reason now that he is really dedicated in the gym and with a skating coach that he can't get his skating and strength to a Lafrenier level.

He is already exceptional down low with the puck on his stick. Just imagine how much better he will look with added strength and being a step and a half quicker.

I actually think Moe and a number of our impact forwards will like him quite a bit due to how good he is on the cycle.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
he's repped by kurt overhardt?

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad