Player Discussion: Cole Perfetti 10th OA Pick - signed ELC 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Regardless of how he turns out, we're very lucky to get him at #10.

100% this ^^^^

Really its all about risk reward. If Cole doesn't optimize then so be it, teams have high draft picks that fail all the time. However if things click like I think they will he could be a very good #1 center that we get on an ELC. So the timing and the team need completely aligned. Honestly when we look back in 5 years there is a chance he might have been the best player in this draft for the Jets needs at this snapshot in time as in top 3 in a redraft and top center drafted in 2020.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
100% this ^^^^

Really its all about risk reward. If Cole doesn't optimize then so be it, teams have high draft picks that fail all the time. However if things click like I think they will he could be a very good #1 center that we get on an ELC. So the timing and the team need completely aligned. Honestly when we look back in 5 years there is a chance he might have been the best player in this draft for the Jets needs at this snapshot in time as in top 3 in a redraft and top center drafted in 2020.

Yup, he has that level of talent and smarts. If he as he says in his post draft interviews is now really taking his training, skating and diet incredibly seriously then we could have a very special player on our hands.

This is a kid that has always been way ahead on smarts and talent. If/when his physical development catches up to his peers watch out.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Let’s hope this kids smarts will help him play a good defensive games. Right now only statsny is a good defensive top 6 player for us. He will be gone when this kid comes in.

Reactions: Halberdier

Whileee

May 29, 2010
As far as I can tell, Perfetti was the 11th first-round pick signed to his ELC. Rossi's signing by the Wild probably set up a good comparable, with Perfetti slotting in at 100K less on AAV.

Reactions: hn777 and Jets 31

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
With "bonus $$" still allowable. Not a guarantee but is the actual cap amount near season end if player "hits the bonus payable" parameters ( whatever those are in specific player's contract). Standard base maximum amount is still $925,000/ per, I believe.
You are correct. Cap Friendly now has the contract on their website. Performance bonuses are $733,333 per season.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I can’t wait to see him in the NHL! I don’t think I could think of a better style to play with Laine. Maybe if he was 6’2 but then he would never have dropped to 10.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
He's OHL property. Can they loan him anywhere?

Besides, it won't be long before he has to start his quarantine prior to the World Juniors and then he likely goes to Jets training camp.
Hmm, I may have assumed that because Rossi got loaned out Perfetti could be too but maybe it's different for imports.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I can’t wait to see him in the NHL! I don’t think I could think of a better style to play with Laine. Maybe if he was 6’2 but then he would never have dropped to 10.

You are correct his skating and size were the only reasons he slipped to #10.

Reactions: Halberdier

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Hmm, I may have assumed that because Rossi got loaned out Perfetti could be too but maybe it's different for imports.

It shouldn't be given Rossi was drafted out of the OHL as well.

Having said that I dont see Perfetti going anywhere on loan in the short term given that he will be heading to team Canada's camp in a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad