Prospect Info: Cole Caufield (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Turns out Clode is a lot smarter than you think. They're probably going to play CC in the AHL so it's not even a concern.

No, he isn't...if he was, he'd have already switched up the D-pairings...or removed Gallagher from Danault's line...or tried something new on the PP instead of the Habs being more dangerous shorthanded than with the man advantage...shall I go on, cuz there's a ton of material...:laugh:

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
No, he isn't...if he was, he'd have already switched up the D-pairings...or removed Gallagher from Danault's line...or tried something new on the PP instead of the Habs being more dangerous shorthanded than with the man advantage...shall I go on, cuz there's a ton of material...:laugh:
Didn't say he was a genius but if someone coach 1257 games in the NHL, he's probably more qualified than all of us combined.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Didn't say he was a genius but if someone coach 1257 games in the NHL, he's probably more qualified than all of us combined.

Therrien.gif

...that is all...:laugh:

Reactions: Mrb1p

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Therrien sucks compared to other NHL coaches, but he's still a much better coach than any of us here.

Debatable. Most of us could surround ourselves with Xs and Os associate coaches and treat the players with a modicum of respect and intelligence and they would likely perform better for us.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He's producing and the leader on his team. Without Caufield, Wisconsin would be near the bottom of the NCAA. They got 5 pt/game quality players and then a drop off. Caufield and Holloway standing out.

Caufield as a small player in the NHL will be fine as long as he is surrounded with the right pieces. Same issues we had with Drouin. Talent needs to play with talent and soft talent needs to have wingers who can shelter them physically to some degree.

I feel Caufield will help our PP but he likely gets AHL time

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Does he have a choice? If Cole Caufield doesn't want to play with KK he can play in Laval.
CC ultimately probably replaces Tatar in the lineup. Think the Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson line is a keeper so depends how you wanna divvy up the rest.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Ripping up the NCAA does not mean he is ready for top 6 role in the nhl lol. He needs time to gain strength still. Guys like gionta and St. Louis had absolutely jacked cores and legs and brought a certain edge. Give this kid time to develop his pro game

It kinda does. Atkinson, Gaudreau, Boeser all came in the league right away and were top 6 forwards. Connor dominated the most of all and took 50 games of total domination in the AHL before coming in, im sure if they had stuck with him though, he wouldve been fine, probably a good move to let him simmer though.

Untitled-17.jpg

Yes, a true mastermind.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
CC ultimately probably replaces Tatar in the lineup. Think the Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson line is a keeper so depends how you wanna divvy up the rest.

Caufield likely does not replace Tatar that quickly though right? We will see I guess but I feel he will have pro adjustment time required. However, when he is ready to play NHL, it might come at a perfect time with KK cause he will be stronger as a center. I think Caufield plays off wing on the PP but at RW 5/5

22/23
Drouin / Suzuki / Anderson
Toffoli / KK / Caufield
Poehling / Danault / Gallagher
Lehkonen / Evans / Ylonen

Is there room on this team for Armia and the type of contract he will be looking for? I'd hate to loose him but not sure we can afford to pay him to play 4th line?

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
I heard he looks small out there. Could be just a rumour.
A few NHL players are similar size to CC. Gaudreau is tiny. Byron isn't much bigger. But yes, every time I watch Caufield play, I'm astounded by how small he looks. It's weird but Gaudreau and Byron just don't appear to be that small. Not saying he can't be productive in the NHL though. I remember hating to play against very small players as they were so hard to hit without getting a penalty...

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
If you don’t have anything else to say, just don’t write anything. We already know your fetish with big players and it’s hella annoying, that’s legit all you talk about.

I heard he has looks small out there though.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Turns out Clode is a lot smarter than you think. They're probably going to play CC in the AHL so it's not even a concern.

Smarter, maybe, because my opinion of Claude is pretty low but, a lot smarter, I highly doubt it.

Julien only knows one system, he can't adapt, is bound to get outcoached by a coach who has enough braincells to chew and breathe at the same time and needs the players to fit his system to be successful.

The only positive I see is that Julien is allegedly a good communicator so isn't despised by some of his players like Therrien was, for example. Liked doesn't mean competent, though or, not nearly as competent as what the bar should be for our head coach.

Reactions: Mrb1p and montreal

Prendan Brust

Jul 31, 2003
Québec
About Julien : He might not be the right guy, I can accept that, but I feel some posters here are really overconfident about their own ability if they believe they could do a similar or a better job, especially if they never coached at an elite level in minor hockey. Coaching is an art and training high level athletes demands a credibility and knowledge that probably no one here has. There's a reason why all these old coaches get recycled over and over and it's certainly not out of habit. If there was so many proper candidates lingering around, it would make no economical sense for all these teams to always rehire the same coaches. We've seen many highly decorated minor league coaches (AHL, Major junior) join the league to only get spitted out of the NHL after a brief stint. Julien stays in the league because he belongs, that's as simple as that.

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Smarter, maybe, because my opinion of Claude is pretty low but, a lot smarter, I highly doubt it.

Julien only knows one system, he can't adapt, is bound to get outcoached by a coach who has enough braincells to chew and breathe at the same time and needs the players to fit his system to be successful.

The only positive I see is that Julien is allegedly a good communicator so isn't despised by some of his players like Therrien was, for example. Liked doesn't mean competent, though or, not nearly as competent as what the bar should be for our head coach.
So what you’re saying is you’d be able to coach an AHL team no problem, like no issues whatsoever.....develop them, run practices and out coach AHL coaches???? :huh:

You’re right behind Claude in coaching tactics and managing an NHL roster??

:facepalm:

Reactions: Habby4Life
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad