Player Discussion Cole Caufield - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Does Caufield has the potential to be the next Martin St-Louis or Patrick Kane ?

I don't think so , Caufield's going to be good but MSL has crazy speed and skill (cups,medals) & same for Kane and he's top point producer in season/playoffs for all US born players...Not exactly fair for him to be compared to those guys.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
If the ranger offers Lafreniere for Caufield. (Something around this)

fans are already tired of him and Kakko

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Surprised at how much he has struggled this season.

He'll come back with a vengence.

I remember wondering why Pacioretty struggled so much at about the same age as Caufield. Caufield needs to mature physically. But he's got it all: i.q., hands, shot, speed. The size factor won't hold him back, rest assured.

Reactions: Gyfu

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Surprised at how much he has struggled this season.

Just my opinion but I think what happened is that CC came red hot from his season, then played a few games in AHL where he dominated and then continued in the playoffs on this hot run. Now he starts a new season on a cold engine and with added pressure of being seen as the Calder favorite.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
He'll come back with a vengence.

I remember wondering why Pacioretty struggled so much at about the same age as Caufield. Caufield needs to mature physically. But he's got it all: i.q., hands, shot, speed. The size factor won't hold him back, rest assured.
idk about that. a big part of his struggles this season was his tiny size. He was too easily pushed off the puck and struggled to get where he wanted to be. Im sure he will adapt but his size is certainly his only thing holding him back.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
idk about that. a big part of his struggles this season was his tiny size. He was too easily pushed off the puck and struggled to get where he wanted to be. Im sure he will adapt but his size is certainly his only thing holding him back.

Yes, he'll mature physically. But I don't expect it to hold him back once he does.

Reactions: Legend123

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Does Caufield has the potential to be the next Martin St-Louis or Patrick Kane ?
Does cows fly ? Not in a billion years. St. Louis and Kane were freaks of nature. Martin had amazing physics for his size and Kane, well, you know Kane. Caufield is only mediocre skater for his size. That's a huge problem.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
CC would be most effective on a good passing team, a team that is good at executing chances off the rush and it's not a knock on him, most sniper types are at their best this way. Kessell, Pacioretty, Hoffman, Debrincat etc. He is not able to be a great forechecker or the type to generate chances in a cycle game due to his lack of size.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
What's the story here?

On Sunday after the first period where Laval was playing Utica, the Comets sent out this tweet:

FDyOvI5XEAIN-pt

They got a lot of backlash. The AHL told them to delete it.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
On Sunday after the first period where Laval was playing Utica, the Comets sent out this tweet:

FDyOvI5XEAIN-pt

They got a lot of backlash. The AHL told them to delete it.

This type of marketing is a double-edge sword. When you have intelligent people running it it's very entertaining, but if you hire morons they write stuff like that because they just don't understand the fine line between funny and dumb.

Reactions: dinodebino
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad