Cole Caufield: Is this the year?

How Many Goals Will Caufield Score in 2023/24?

• Total voters

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Sniper goes hot and cold like goaltenders, it happens to nearly everyone of them. They're needed so your option are to wish or to pray. You need a great collection, build competition within and try to play your hotter hands above your colder hands.

its the Stephane Richer law.
But when a sniper goes cold, he’s not usually putting up 300 shots a year. Usually the play falls off with the goals.

If you get 300 shots, 30 goals is almost a certainty. Usually you’ll get 40+. A 7 percent season is unheard of with that many shots.

To put it in perspective, he already has slightly more shots than Richer did in both his 50 goal seasons.

Look at Richer’s seasons

263 shots: 50 goals
214 shots: 25 goals
269 shots: 51 goals
221 shots: 31 goals

The shots drop off a fair bit in this non 50 goal years. Here you’ve got a guy who’s already exceeded the shot totals of all those seasons and sitting at 21 goals.

For comparison:

Caufield has 275 shots and 21 goals.

Last edited:

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
OT goals by default mean an auto W and a GWG , they are actually worth something
You make it sound like they are worthless empty net goals...?
Yes I am fully aware of what OT goals mean but that is not what I was eluding to. OT hockey in the regular season is not real hockey and stats from OT pad stats,but after checking,not all that much.
He now has 2 goals in his last 20 for a total of 21,if you take away his 3 OT goals that a total of 18 on the season. For 7.8 mill a season,that total needs be much higher. 20-30 goal scorers are not rare and can be had for less. Take away his OT points and he's sitting at 51 on the season.

Not something I recommend,but the main boards is suggesting Reinhart will resign with Florida at not more than 8.5.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
LG in this thread vs LG in the suzuki thread

1712150859848.png

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Would have been wiser to give him a bridge contract.
Absolutely not. The guy had 48 in 82 coming into this season and will have 300 shots on net this year. I get that it’s a disappointing season but a 7 percent couldn’t have been predicted as is highly unlikely to be repeated.

That should be a steal of a contract. Moreover, he and Suzuki signing team friendly deals will help us sign more of these kinds of contracts in the future.

Reactions: SlafySZN and Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Absolutely not. The guy had 48 in 82 coming into this season and will have 300 shots on net this year. I get that it’s a disappointing season but a 7 percent couldn’t have been predicted as is highly unlikely to be repeated.

That should be a steal of a contract. Moreover, he and Suzuki signing team friendly deals will help us sign more of these kinds of contracts in the future.
Soon Cole Caufield's contract will become a bargain.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006

You should change your nickname to "48in82" already. I get it, "PricerStopDaPuck" wasn't available earlier, but it's your time now. :laugh:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
You should change your nickname to "48in82" already. I get it, "PricerStopDaPuck" wasn't available earlier, but it's your time now. :laugh:
Yeah, people said looney things on Price as well. A HOF goalie - maybe the best the league has seen since Roy/Brodeur and people shat on him if he had a bad game. The idea that we should’ve bridged CC is nuts. Might as well just say we should’ve traded Price instead of Halak.

Players get injured and shit happens but you make the decisions based on past performance. No reason to doubt a player with that kind of scoring history. Barring health issues that contract will be a steal.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Yeah, people said looney things on Price as well. A HOF goalie - maybe the best the league has seen since Roy/Brodeur and people shat on him if he had a bad game. The idea that we should’ve bridged CC is nuts. Might as well just say we should’ve traded Price instead of Halak.

Players get injured and shit happens but you make the decisions based on past performance. No reason to doubt a player with that kind of scoring history. Barring health issues that contract will be a steal.
Halak > Price!!!

I loved that debate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad