Cole Caufield: Is this the year?

How Many Goals Will Caufield Score in 2023/24?

• Total voters

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
Feels like 30+ is a pretty safe bet to be right :cool:

Perhaps you should have listed the choices as 0-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+ in order to actually have to predict anything...

Otherwise I think a few people are setting themselves for disappointment. I don't doubt he's able to eventually score 50 but that's high expectations considering he's got limited support and a sucky PP to get him there.

Reactions: HabsQC and LaP

DesmondDekker

Let's diddly go !
Sep 11, 2006
Canada
Assuming he progresses and stays healthy for 82 games, 50 goals is realistic. 40 without hesitation, Papa MSL loves his son too much.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
He’s already broken out, hence his mega contract.

Maintaining is gpg avg is my expectation. So whatever that works out to, around 40 I guess.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I think with some new additions, more experience from the backend. I’m going to be bold and say he hits 50. I don’t think it’s that bold tbh. I feel there’s likely a more legit second line this year which should give Nick and Cole some space.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He’s got the pedigree of a top tier goal scorer and that’s what he’s shown so far. Not worried about the goals. I want to see him round out his game. He’s a great playmaker too. I think sooner or later he’ll be able to do a PPG in his sleep.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
He’s got the pedigree of a top tier goal scorer and that’s what he’s shown so far. Not worried about the goals. I want to see him round out his game. He’s a great playmaker too. I think sooner or later he’ll be able to do a PPG in his sleep.
He really is a good playmaker, problem is we don’t have many players who can score so the guys are always passing the puck to him to shoot. But i think we’ll eventually see him racking up more assists.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
5 players hit 50 goals last year. 4 the year before.

A safe bet is choosing under 50 given we’re not a playoff team.

I have him at 30+ coming off injury.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
5 players hit 50 goals last year. 4 the year before.

A safe bet is choosing under 50 given we’re not a playoff team.

I have him at 30+ coming off injury.
Yeah but there’s very few guys who have his goal scoring pedigree. He’s already got close to a 50 goal pace in his young career.

No one should be shocked if he’s one of the best goal scorer’s of his generation barring injuries. That’s how he was advertised at the draft and all he’s done is back up that claim since at every level.

It’s all about him staying healthy and bringing that playmaking sauce to his game. He’ll always be in the mix for top goals in a season. That much I’m convinced of

Reactions: Dutronc

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I am interested to see how he plays post injury.

I expect he will be fine. Along with his shooting ability, he has that sixth sense of just being in the right place at the right time.

I don't like attaching specific goal totals because there's too many variables involved, but he should definitely lead the team in that category if healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad