Cole Cassels (MOD Warning Post #417)

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Would have taken Subban here, liked his offensive upside from the back end.

Seems like a two-way guy with a bit of grit. Skating issues.

Should get a huge boost in icetime next year, will see what happens. Our OHL scouts have been pretty good so will give this one the benefit of the doubt.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Awesome legacy pick :) I've read that he plays a similar game to his dad but with more grit. Reloading the franchise depth at centre, nice move.

May 31, 2006
Pretty weird that his birthplace (on hockeydb) is Columbus. Andrew didn't play for the Jackets until 7 years after his son was born. One would think he'd be born in Connecticut or in Ontario.

Jabba The Hutton

Nucks STH
Jul 28, 2009
UBC
Cole Cassels (C, 2013), Oshawa – clever two-way pivot who displays good vision .. thinks ahead – anticipates plays before they happen .. particularly effective distributing the puck from the neutral zone .. executes accurate and crisp passes – both forehand and backhand – and requires minimal time and space – can make it look effortless .. propelled by a looping skating style and moderate first-step quickness .. could add power to his stride – straight-ahead speed is average at best, however these areas should improve with physical maturity and added leg strength .. defensive instincts are sound which earns him time on the penalty-killing unit .. shows no fear blocking shots or sacrificing his body .. can excel neutralizing opponents along the boards with solid hits and checks, yet isn’t overly large or powerful at six-foot and 180 pounds .. must guard against letdowns however as he can become static in his own end at times .. must continue to refine his faceoff technique – clearly falls behind on draws .. needs to be encouraged to be more selfish about exploiting shooting opportunities as he too often tends to operate in ‘pass-first’ mode .. should benefit from a more sheltered role playing behind Boone Jenner and Scott Laughton – and not having to face top-line opponents every night.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Looked it up and he is indeed the son of former Canuck Andrew cassels

Hopefully he turns out like his dad! Anyone know where he was projected to go?

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Glad we did'nt draft Subban,if he had a different last name 99% of the posters on here would have never heard of him.

I liked Andrew Cassels as a Canuck but Cole's game sounds much grittier,sort of like a slightly less physical version of Mallet.I'm glad to see more OHL picks in the middle rounds instead of those off the board picks from the Q that seem to go nowhere.

Last edited:

CCF

This is the year....
Feb 8, 2003
Across Canada
Andrew Cassels is one of my favourite Canucks of all time - so excited to have the next generation in the organization as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad