Colby Robak for Jesse Blacker and future draft choice

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
On a sidenote, I remember several discussions and polls about who was the best between Sbisa, Robak and Del Zotto prior to their draft.

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
Not sure what Florida is thinking. Robak is a much better player than Blacker. Unless there were waiver implications which I can't be bothered looking up.

Also if you're posting a thread on a trade at least make sure you spell the guys name right. Seriously how hard is it....

He had a typo you don't have to make him feel bad

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I like it based on what Panthers fans are saying.

Blacker is an average AHL dman, should never be anywhere near the NHL

WESEERED

#CatsAreComing
Apr 20, 2012
I love it. This is what I was talking about on the main board, with Bob Murray hopefully adding a prospect or young defenseman. There was no more room for an established NHL defenseman on a one way contract, but this gives us a servicable call up, something we didn't have plenty of.
Except robak is on a one way contract.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden

But he's far from an established NHL'er. There's a good chance he clears waivers, he has already cleared once this season. My point was BM can't fill the injury holes with another Brewer-like acqusition, but an upgrade over Blacker was needed.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

A one way contract just means he gets paid the same regardless of whether he is in the NHL or AHL. Whether or not he is waiver exempt is the concern (he is not), but that is a function of age and games played and not his contract status.

How well he plays will likely have a lot to do with whether or not he slips through waivers again this year. Along with who else has a banged up blue line when the Ducks try it. If he can play forward, I wonder if they may send down Bourque instead just to minimize the risk of losing him until we have more healthy bodies.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Does anyone have any idea what the conditional pick is or what the condition of the pick might be?

EDIT: This is already our 3rd trade in the last 2 weeks, lol.

Last edited:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Does anyone have any idea what the conditional pick is or what the condition of the pick might be?

EDIT: This is already our 3rd trade in the last 2 weeks, lol.

Stephens said it's based on games played. It will either be a 4th in 2016 or a 6th. Not sure how many games though.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Not sure what Florida is thinking. Robak is a much better player than Blacker...

Roster space. Florida needs to waive someone soon (would have been him), and he has played decently and might've been claimed. This minimal return is better than nothing.

So....he is a Sheldon Brookbank with Kurtis Foster bomb?

He is a mediocre defenseman and an emergency forward. Think Steve Montador or Joel Kwiakowski.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
A one way contract just means he gets paid the same regardless of whether he is in the NHL or AHL. Whether or not he is waiver exempt is the concern (he is not), but that is a function of age and games played and not his contract status.

How well he plays will likely have a lot to do with whether or not he slips through waivers again this year. Along with who else has a banged up blue line when the Ducks try it. If he can play forward, I wonder if they may send down Bourque instead just to minimize the risk of losing him until we have more healthy bodies.

Well, that depends. Does Borque have family in any towns we are due to visit soon? I don't think Bruce would want to deny his family the chance to see him in OC orange. :laugh:

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
How did I miss Brewer getting hurt

and seriously wtf.

I thought clark actually looked pretty decent last game and don't get the move given that Fistric and Lovejoy aren't too far away.

Please tell me no one else is hurt...

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust

and seriously wtf.

I thought clark actually looked pretty decent last game and don't get the move given that Fistric and Lovejoy aren't too far away.

Once Fistric and Lovejoy are back in the lineup we'll need a spare until Beauch or Brewer is back. Manson needs to be playing so if he comes out of the lineup he needs to head to Norfolk. Clark just flat-out sucks. This way we can have a spare whom it doesn't matter that he sits every night and can even step in as a forward if need be.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

and seriously wtf.

This is due to the Brewer injury. We needed a reliable 8th (again!) with Allen gone, and Clark is iffy.

Once healthy our first call up is Manson. That's a nice position to be in given how he's looked.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
File this under the "I'm sure no one cares" file but Robak has to play 37 games with us to remain a restricted free agent when his contract expires. I won't hold my breath on that one. With Lovejoy due back shortly that one game yesterday might be the only one he plays with us.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I really like what I saw from him as well. Especially considering it was his first game in a completely different system. If any of our other bottom pairing guys hold any value of be content with him as our 7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad