Colby Robak for Jesse Blacker and future draft choice

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
confirmed by Ducks twitter.

I kinda figured Murray would target someone like this. I was thinking Holzner from Toronto. Basically an AHL player who's more capable of filling in on the roster then someone like Blacker or Clark.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Robak is a decent injury fill-in on the bottom pairing, can actually play wing well too if needed.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
confirmed by Ducks twitter.

I kinda figured Murray would target someone like this. I was thinking Holzner from Toronto. Basically an AHL player who's more capable of filling in on the roster then someone like Blacker or Clark.

I was thinking along those same lines, actually agreed to a Holzer trade with a Leafs fan buddy a couple weeks back ( he was OK with the rights to Andre Pettersson in a straight up swap). I think this is a pretty good move, Robak is better equipped to hold his own (at the NHL level) than Blacker. Also should help straighten Norfolk when we get back to full health.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
As Soupy said earlier, he's a #6/7 guy with solid offensive instincts, but he is rather sub-par defensively. We played him at wing earlier this year and he actually was surprising -- he didn't look out of place at all.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
@AnaheimDucks: TRADE: The #NHLDucks have acquired D Colby Robak from the @FlaPanthers in exchange for D Jesse Blacker and a future conditional draft pick.

@AnaheimDucks: Robak, who has three assists and 25 penalty minutes in 42 career NHL games, will fly to Minnesota to join the Ducks. http://t.co/E1QxSN9t5G

Sounds like Fistric is a ways off if they did this for a 7th. He will have to clear waivers to go down to the AHL.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Sounds like Fistric is a ways off if they did this for a 7th. He will have to clear waivers to go down to the AHL.

yeah, that's my thinking as well. Unless management is getting worried about Manson's mistakes lately. Kid seems to have made more the past few games, then he's made all season.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Not sure what Florida is thinking. Robak is a much better player than Blacker. Unless there were waiver implications which I can't be bothered looking up.

Also if you're posting a thread on a trade at least make sure you spell the guys name right. Seriously how hard is it....

WESEERED

#CatsAreComing
Apr 20, 2012
Not sure what Florida is thinking. Robak is a much better player than Blacker. Unless there were waiver implications which I can't be bothered looking up.

Also if you're posting a thread on a trade at least make sure you spell the guys name right. Seriously how hard is it....
We didnt have space on the roster and he had a one way deal, he would never have gotten through waivers so better something than nothing.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

Sorry, I saw it on Instagram spelled that way and didnt realize the mistake

Erick*

Has he had his shots?

Yes, several.
As Panthers fans have said on here, he actually looked better in his limited time at forward than he ever did as a d-man.

He has a big shot, but he's not good otherwise.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Yes, several.
As Panthers fans have said on here, he actually looked better in his limited time at forward than he ever did as a d-man.

He has a big shot, but he's not good otherwise.

That was in reference to the mumps.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust

I imagine that's exactly what initiated this trade. That and he's on a one-way deal. Basically they get to remove this guy from the roster but retain a d-man for San Antonio. I know absolutely nothing about Robak but I have to imagine he's much better than Blacker especially at the AHL level.

Now that Fistric is healthy and we can mercilessly take Clark out of the lineup we have a decent spare d-man. Not sure what we do with this guy once Lovejoy, Beauch and Brewer are healthy but who cares. Certainly not going to miss Blacker.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I love it. This is what I was talking about on the main board, with Bob Murray hopefully adding a prospect or young defenseman. There was no more room for an established NHL defenseman on a one way contract, but this gives us a servicable call up, something we didn't have plenty of.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad