Colborne scored hat trick in first game with Avalanche

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Good for him. Always had a love/hate relationship with him. When hes on hes on

He honestly wasn't even on. It was really one of those hattys where you're just in the right place at the right time. One of the goals was essentially an own goal. Another was a deflection.

In the end it's nice he put himself in position to get goals, but they weren't exactly high skill.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Pfffft the flames didn't need to qualify joe this offseason due to their elite forwards...lol I can't say that with a straight face. Wouldn't be surprised to see him score 20 again this year.

Funny, as he's never scored 20, and his next-highest total after 19 goals is 14

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I'm bumping this just to laugh at myself. 3 goals his first game, 1 assist in the 17 games since and commits some of the laziest errors I've ever witnessed.

What a flaming turd.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I'm bumping this just to laugh at myself. 3 goals his first game, 1 assist in the 17 games since and commits some of the laziest errors I've ever witnessed.

What a flaming turd.

Haha, ya it's the fact that he clearly has very high potential that drives you nuts when he plays like an AHLer.

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
When you finally decide to give up on the season and just want a higher draft pick Colborne will score 15 goals in 15-20 games and lead your team to a mediocre pick and get himself another season in the NHL.

I was convinced after his little stint at the end of last season that he was a better player than Brouwer and we were stupid to not just keep Colborne for cheaper and shorter term. I take that back now. Although I have not been impressed with Brouwer at least he has produced.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Watching someone this size and this lazy wearing #8 is giving me Wolski flashbacks.

JFHockey

Nov 8, 2014
Calgary
There are still flames fans that still cite not signing him as a mistake, clearly haven't checked his stats since game 5

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Does he still do the thing where he cycles around the boards for like 15 seconds and then plays a lazy pass that's intercepted

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Just like Auston Matthews right? :laugh:

Good point. I never realized how similar Matthews and Colborne are. Toronto should trade him for a 1st while they can still swindle another team before the league realizes Matthews and Colborne are roughly equivalant.

Also, it sucks that we have a lock-out shortened season again. Just about 50% thru the half-season now.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
When you finally decide to give up on the season and just want a higher draft pick Colborne will score 15 goals in 15-20 games and lead your team to a mediocre pick and get himself another season in the NHL.

I was convinced after his little stint at the end of last season that he was a better player than Brouwer and we were stupid to not just keep Colborne for cheaper and shorter term. I take that back now. Although I have not been impressed with Brouwer at least he has produced.

With the way the Flames season is heading (top 3-5 pick), good to see another team in the bottom have Colborne. Avalanche will shoot up 6 places the last month when Colborne out produces Crosby.

When I watch Colorado's boxscores I totally forget Colborne even plays for them. Then I see Rene Bourque has 7 goals. ayyyyyyy

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
With the way the Flames season is heading (top 3-5 pick), good to see another team in the bottom have Colborne. Avalanche will shoot up 6 places the last month when Colborne out produces Crosby.

When I watch Colorado's boxscores I totally forget Colborne even plays for them. Then I see Rene Bourque has 7 goals. ayyyyyyy

Rene has been surprisingly good for us. I'm just waiting for him to stop giving a solid effort though, it'll come eventually..

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB

What a flaming turd.

Props for eating crow and having the balls to bump the thread. :thumbu:

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Does he still do the thing where he cycles around the boards for like 15 seconds and then plays a lazy pass that's intercepted

Doesn't work hard enough to get the puck TO cycle it. What I wouldn't give to see him cycle the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad