Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] Valeri Nichushkin signs extension (2 years, $2.5M AAV)

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Over a PPG in the playoffs and on pace for a 64 point regular season campaign. At $4.9 that's a fair deal.

While playing high 5v5 minutes with Colorado’s two best D and Kadri and MacKinnon as his 1st and 3rd most frequent line mates.

I dunno. I was a big time fan of the trade and the contract is fine given the term, but I question if there aren’t better fits and if Sakic is falling in love with a roster that hasn’t really been as great as some think.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
While playing high 5v5 minutes with Colorado’s two best D and Kadri and MacKinnon as his 1st and 3rd most frequent line mates.

I dunno. I was a big time fan of the trade and the contract is fine given the term, but I question if there aren’t better fits and if Sakic is falling in love with a roster that hasn’t really been as great as some think.
It's only two years so I guess time will tell.

Reactions: Mac Attack

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Hm. Can’t agree. We will see though.

I think he got a lot of advantageous deployment that led to his production because of the injuries.
I worried about this too. Until in the playoffs he outplayed Rantanen and Landeskog by a large margin. Arguably Kadri too but Naz played out of his mind so it’s close. Regardless getting a guy under 5 million who paced 30 goals, 65 points and went over a PPG in the playoffs is pretty damn good. Especially since it buys up a UFA deal too.

He’s definitely a complimentary piece, but still one hell of a deal at 4.9.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Is there something in Denver that I dont know about that makes players do anything possible to stay there and play??!!lol
I don't know. A couple of guys named MacKinnon and Makar and the fact that they are one of the strongest contenders for the cup next season might have something to do with it.

Reactions: ljb4

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I don't know. A couple of guys named MacKinnon and Makar and the fact that they are one of the strongest contenders for the cup next season might have something to do with it.

Ya I know lol.. I was just being silly

Crazy to see how good a team can be when their players take reasonable contracts and not get massive gross deals that completely handcuff the team.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Well he earned his spot. Got an opportunity and he ran with it. Hoping Puljujarvi does similar with the Oilers

I think it all comes down to mentality at this point. Nuke owned being a role player rather than being a top 6 guy. Sure he gets his opportunities to be an offensive threat now (and capitalizes) but he plays both sides of the play.

I hope Puljujarvi can do that too. Cuz if you had an offensive threat like that on a 3rd or 4th line without being a defensive liability? Your depth really starts to feed off those type of players.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Excellent value. Also, he could be a hart candidate according to Evolving Hockey. Can't get any better

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad