Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] Valeri Nichushkin signs extension (2 years, $2.5M AAV)

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Fine deal. Had hoped for maybe 150-250k less but it is probably more than fair considering it eats up an UFA year...

Now only Jost, Zadorov and Graves are left and Jost probably will make less than this and 1 of Graves and Zadorov will be traded anyways..
Which leaves the Avs with about 8-9M of space to play with...
I don't think they will get anyone big but it certainly is a very comfortable position to be in...

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
2.5 is cheap... I assumed it would have been more than that forsure.

Is there something in Denver that I dont know about that makes players do anything possible to stay there and play??!!lol

Sakic is a wizard

Archgoat

Sep 29, 2011
Now that he is making more money he will probably go back to not knowing how to score. Mostly just joking/bitter, but I was glad to see he bounced back a bit in Colorado, he played fine, but was being paid to score and he did not do that at all.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
2.5 is cheap... I assumed it would have been more than that forsure.

Is there something in Denver that I dont know about that makes players do anything possible to stay there and play??!!lol

Sakic is a wizard
Well they simply trade away the guys who don’t play into the “everybody takes a little less” structure. Mackinnon and Landeskog in particular have talked about it a lot. Everyone has to buy in or else it doesn’t work.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Should be noted that between Nuke and Burakovsky, the Avs are saving about 1 - 1.25m AAV then what was anticipated. Still some nice cap space there.

Reactions: Richard88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad