GDT: COL @ STL WCSF - GAME 4: CRASHING THEIR PARTY

Status
Not open for further replies.

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
He’s totally neutered Mackinnon and the conventional wisdom leading into the series was the Blues scoring depth in their top 9 edged the Avs. With O’Reilly winning that H2H matchup significantly and the Blues tag tag D playing well enough one would think the Blues would be in prime position and it just hasn’t played out that way. Beaten the Binnington angle to death but this will be 1A reason we’ll be going home.
On O'Reilly on MacKinnon... was it two games ago when the two went in behind the net, O'Reilly had MacK and another guy on him and he still won the puck battle. That is what you show a young player about heart, board battles, never quit, etc etc. Have always been a huge O'Reilly fan anywayz but that moment was epic.

And personally did not like having Binnington out. Wish Husso had played better but... you guys are super fortunate to have O'Reilly. Deep appreciation for how he plays the game.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
He’s totally neutered Mackinnon and the conventional wisdom leading into the series was the Blues scoring depth in their top 9 edged the Avs. With O’Reilly winning that H2H matchup significantly and the Blues tag tag D playing well enough one would think the Blues would be in prime position and it just hasn’t played out that way. Beaten the Binnington angle to death but this will be 1A reason we’ll be going home.
the top 9 is the main reason we are where we are right now. Like you said, ROR line has completely neutered Mackinnon. But because they are letting Kadri and other depth players pick up that slack, its basically just like Mackinnon is running wild still. You dont gain any ground if you shutdown mackinnon but let headshot boy dunk on you. 25/91/18/49/10 are total ghosts and its got us on the brink and now we lack a goaltender that can pump out big saves as Husso sucks again.

i;ve said it before but ill say it again. I hope the Blues trade Kyrou either this offseason or next for a #1 Dman. We don't have problems scoring, we have problems defending and most importantly, a strong D wins cups. Colt 55 and Faulk are great #2s but I don't view either 1 of them as legit #1s like you would see in a Pronger, Macinnis, Pietrangelo etc.

Hes going to demand a huge pay raise and hes not a playoff player. He doesnt play big boy hockey and hes a huge liability defensively. And hes a turnover machine. I'd rather use any future money that would be put towards Kyrou on Matt Tkachuk.

Players like him are why the Leafs are who they are. Hes a PPG player so he will have a ton of value still and will still be a RFA after next season. Trade him for a absolute King's ransom when the time is right and move assets towards a legit #1 dman.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Avs fan in peace... mebbe should wait but wanted to say.. your Ryan O'Reilly is awesome. Brings it, super skilled, ginormous heart. Was just compelled to say dude is super star awesome in my books. Thas all.
It's nice of you to say so. We are very lucky and happy to have ROR.

And just on a personal note, thanks for coming in peace. There have been more than a few other avs posters not coming in peace to our board, but rather coming to gloat and troll. It's nice to be reminded that the obnoxious and loud minority is still the minority.

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
It's nice of you to say so. We are very lucky and happy to have ROR.

And just on a personal note, thanks for coming in peace. There have been more than a few other avs posters not coming in peace to our board, but rather coming to gloat and troll. It's nice to be reminded that the obnoxious and loud minority is still the minority.
Yeah, I hear about cross posters and that is a drag. Not my intention at all. In fact will go as far as to say there are more than a couple of posts in the Avs threads shredding the Blues (and other) areas. For sure, homers gonna home, no surprise there. But I read backwards some of the posts in tonite's game and I saw little of that. Cripes. At least saw with my own eyes little of the sort. Sure, emotions, but so what. Not nearly the horrific collection of fans that was led to believe.

Personally I love goalies... so whatever happens next game, my selfish viewing of the game is I hope goalies for both teams put in a great effort. Not always the outcome... but that is where my head is.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Meh

Talk is cheap.

Our players have no heart sans ROR, DP, and Binny.

We laid down like lambs

You are either a messiah or crazy....

Maybe both.

I'll add Faulk, Parayko, Leddy and the rest of the depleted d corps credit for showing heart as well, but they can't be expected to both defend and score all the goals for us. As we said before the series, we needed our depth up front to show up to have a chance in this series and they have failed to do that.

I don't think we'll be seeing Chucky in Game 5. Like it or not, Husso played a big role in our season and I can't see them sitting him down despite his less than average Game 4. He's probably cost himself a few million in free agency with his play down the stretch, but I guess he was always due for a regression. Certainly can't put all the blame on him, but there were probably two goals he should have stopped and that was the difference in the game.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Well, definitely a low point in Blues history. Kadri takes out Binnington, scores hat trick.

Can it get much worse, besides the team moving to Saskatoon?
Naw.

I was thinking this makes Armstrong's job easier in the off season.

Re-sign Perron.
Vladi can walk.
Husso can walk.
Etc.

Reactions: Ridge1982

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
The main boards are a joke.

Oh my god Perron slashed Toews. Maybe Toews should have more than 2 fingers holding his stick. IDK why that was even posted.

Perron speared Toews. That wasn't spear.

Geez some of these Avs fans are ridiculous.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
Hockey should not be about trying to take 1 guys head off and letting him get a hat trick on you in the process. O’Reilly is putting this team on his back and keeping MacK from being a beast and the rest of them are sitting around getting rattled by one man lol

Reactions: Ridge1982

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
The crazy thing is that the ROR line has all but shut down the MacKinnon/Rantanen line yet the Blues still can't win. This series wouldn't even be close if those 2 players were firing on all cylinders.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
The more I think about the Kadri/Binnington/STL fans are racists/ Berube, the more frustrated I get with it.

Here me out on this. I don't why I have to say but I condone all the racist stuff happening. With that being said,

I'm bringing up last year with this.

So any guesses last year after Kadri hit Faulk that he wasn't getting the a very few select people sending him racist social media stuff. Why was that not an issue last year? Was it because it was much more egregious of a play than this year? This happens all the time in sports. Kicker misses GWG FG at end of the football. People send nasty stuff. Basketball player misses GWG shot. Same thing. You get the point.

It's just funny how 1 year later the story changes. Is it because the play wasn't as egregious as the year before? Was it that the intent wasn't as easily seen as last year? I remember listening to Cam & Strick Podcast with Nick Kypreos talking about the Fuhr incident. He basically said he was wanting to make contact with Fuhr light bumping him or brushing him. What happen? Injury to Fuhr and rest is history. Was this a similar play to that? To a degree? Do I think Kadri wanted to hurt him? No, Do I think Kadri wanted to possible make contact with Binnington? I believe so. Blues fans are garbage. Beurbe is a racist because he made no comment. Blues are worthless since they didn't release a statement. It's just ridiculous how the media has taken so much stuff of context. I still love the media blaming Berube comment saying look at his reputation for the people saying bad stuff to him. SERIOUSLY?!?!?! What was he suppose to say? Oh Kadri told Binner he's sorry. What does he saying look at his reputation have to with anything? Kadri has the reputation of playing on the line and crossing the line. IDK I'm just so sick of it.

I'm sorry my rant is over. This whole series of events has completely just drained me and I'm at the point I'm just ready for the season to be over with. The last few days have been ridiculous IMO. The media took what should have a great series and ruined it 100%. I haven't even decided if I will watch Game 5 or not. I'm just tired of it.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Ville Husso turning into a pumpkin was not on my bingo card for this post season. The blame isn’t solely on him, but 4 straight losses where he wasn’t solid in net is just simply not good enough.

The good news is we know he wilts under pressure and can let him walk without feeling bad about it. He (along with Lindgren) helped mask our weaknesses all year long and and were a big reason the team put together the season it did.

I think Ville really highlights why we need to fix our defense, no goalie can cover for us all season long with Husso, Lindgren and Binner all taking turns. Let Husso walk, have a competition for the backup position and rearrange the skater group for hopefully a better mix next season.

But first let's win another in Denver to make Avs fans shart themselves a little just cause that would be great.

ValHaller

May 23, 2022
St. Louis, MO
The more I think about the Kadri/Binnington/STL fans are racists/ Berube, the more frustrated I get with it.

<...> I'm just tired of it.
Kadri is playing cry bully. He knows he has protected status, and the bleeding heart PC crowd is ready to not only forget his 6 previous suspensions for reckless and malicious injuring plays, but also excuse them by claiming anyone who points to his well-established character is a racist.

If you're wondering how we got here and you didn't speak up when the NHL started mandating political messages on the ice in 2020, you're part of the problem.

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007
Kadri is playing cry bully. He knows he has protected status, and the bleeding heart PC crowd is ready to not only forget his 6 previous suspensions for reckless and malicious injuring plays, but also excuse them by claiming anyone who points to his well-established character is a racist.

If you're wondering how we got here and you didn't speak up when the NHL started mandating political messages on the ice in 2020, you're part of the problem.

Yeah for anyone that follows politics closely you're already familiar with the tactics being used to smear the Blues, St.Louis and our fans.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014

Here me out on this. I don't why I have to say but I condone all the racist stuff happening. With that being said,

I'm bringing up last year with this.

So any guesses last year after Kadri hit Faulk that he wasn't getting the a very few select people sending him racist social media stuff. Why was that not an issue last year? Was it because it was much more egregious of a play than this year? This happens all the time in sports. Kicker misses GWG FG at end of the football. People send nasty stuff. Basketball player misses GWG shot. Same thing. You get the point.

It's just funny how 1 year later the story changes. Is it because the play wasn't as egregious as the year before? Was it that the intent wasn't as easily seen as last year? I remember listening to Cam & Strick Podcast with Nick Kypreos talking about the Fuhr incident. He basically said he was wanting to make contact with Fuhr light bumping him or brushing him. What happen? Injury to Fuhr and rest is history. Was this a similar play to that? To a degree? Do I think Kadri wanted to hurt him? No, Do I think Kadri wanted to possible make contact with Binnington? I believe so. Blues fans are garbage. Beurbe is a racist because he made no comment. Blues are worthless since they didn't release a statement. It's just ridiculous how the media has taken so much stuff of context. I still love the media blaming Berube comment saying look at his reputation for the people saying bad stuff to him. SERIOUSLY?!?!?! What was he suppose to say? Oh Kadri told Binner he's sorry. What does he saying look at his reputation have to with anything? Kadri has the reputation of playing on the line and crossing the line. IDK I'm just so sick of it.

I'm sorry my rant is over. This whole series of events has completely just drained me and I'm at the point I'm just ready for the season to be over with. The last few days have been ridiculous IMO. The media took what should have a great series and ruined it 100%. I haven't even decided if I will watch Game 5 or not. I'm just tired of it.
podcast clip you mentioned

ValHaller

May 23, 2022
St. Louis, MO
Yeah for anyone that follows politics closely you're already familiar with the tactics being used to smear the Blues, St.Louis and our fans.
Drew the comparison yesterday elsewhere but I'll share it here as well. This Kadri thing has Cathy Newman written all over it. For those unaware, this woman lost a debate in spectacular fashion then proceeded to claim she received credible threats from her opponent's fans. These threats turned out to be insubstantial and many were outright false.

Same thing with Kadri. He and his wife receive a vague threat and he runs with it, takes it to the cops and the media to drum up sympathy, paint himself as a victim.

The person I'm most angry with in this whole thing is Ville Husso. He allowed Kadri the opportunity to twist the knife and he took it.

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007
I STILL hate Kypreos and can't understand why he's still breathing. Pronger and Twist right there? How are you not dead sir?

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
We did a fantastic job beating ourselves last night and making it an embarrassing evening to be a Blues fan.

I love David Perron, but his nonsense last night was one of the least disciplined tantrums I've seen in quite some time. Dogpiling on Kadri to give the Avs a two minute 5 on 3 (which led to the game winning goal) was bad enough. Trying to elbow Kadri after the goal was a complete chickenshit play right on par with Spurgeon's attempt to injure Buch. Zero place for that type of shit in the NHL. The DoPS has certainly done its part to create an environment where there is little risk in attempting to injure someone, but that doesn't change my opinion on a player that makes a gutless play. Absolutely disgraceful 5 minute stretch from Perron.

I'd say that Schenn's evening perfectly summarized this team's focus on getting even with Kadri specifically instead of winning a hockey game. Absolutely good on him for challenging Kadri. I loved to see that. but once Kadri declined to drop the gloves, there should have been one of two responses. Option 1 is that Schenn drops the gloves, tells Kadri "I was informing you of a fight, not asking," and starts swinging. Option 2 is telling the Avs bench that we will be targeting their more skilled guys since Kadri isn't willing to answer the bell and then following through with that promise. Schenn had a chance to absolutely bury MacKinnon with a clean hit to the chest later in the game and let up. Perfectly encapsulated our performance last night where our primary focus was Kadri.

Husso was bad last night and is the main reason we lost. The rest of the team's preoccupation with Kadri was a close second.

ValHaller

May 23, 2022
St. Louis, MO
I'd say that Schenn's evening perfectly summarized this team's focus on getting even with Kadri specifically instead of winning a hockey game. Absolutely good on him for challenging Kadri. I loved to see that. but once Kadri declined to drop the gloves, there should have been one of two responses. Option 1 is that Schenn drops the gloves, tells Kadri "I was informing you of a fight, not asking," and starts swinging. Option 2 is telling the Avs bench that we will be targeting their more skilled guys since Kadri isn't willing to answer the bell and then following through with that promise. Schenn had a chance to absolutely bury MacKinnon with a clean hit to the chest later in the game and let up. Perfectly encapsulated our performance last night where our primary focus was Kadri.
Not sure if you could see on the broadcast, but at the rink I was furious with Schenn when he ignored the puck and focused on Kadri instead. He chose to leave the puck in a dangerous area instead of clearing it out, which he easily could have. We are fortunate the refs blew the whistle.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
We did a fantastic job beating ourselves last night and making it an embarrassing evening to be a Blues fan.

I love David Perron, but his nonsense last night was one of the least disciplined tantrums I've seen in quite some time. Dogpiling on Kadri to give the Avs a two minute 5 on 3 (which led to the game winning goal) was bad enough. Trying to elbow Kadri after the goal was a complete chickenshit play right on par with Spurgeon's attempt to injure Buch. Zero place for that type of shit in the NHL. The DoPS has certainly done its part to create an environment where there is little risk in attempting to injure someone, but that doesn't change my opinion on a player that makes a gutless play. Absolutely disgraceful 5 minute stretch from Perron.

Husso was bad last night and is the main reason we lost. The rest of the team's preoccupation with Kadri was a close second.
True. But the Blues did seem to pick up their play after that 5on3. But that 3rd period push was weak as hell for a second game in a row. And then, just like G3, Husso lets in a softy that delivers the final blow to a very mentally fragile team right now.

Blues should know by now that the longer this series goes, the more chances you get at Kadri. Should have focused on winning the game and you get 60 more minutes to get at him. Win another and you get another 60.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Same thing with Kadri. He and his wife receive a vague threat and he runs with it, takes it to the cops and the media to drum up sympathy, paint himself as a victim.
This is absolute horse shit. You want to criticize the way it was reported? Go ahead. Criticizing Kadri and his wife over this is gutless at absolute best. He was absolutely a victim and trying to pretend like he wasn't is shameful.

1653407628509.png

1653407678726.png

Everyone should absolutely be upset and disgusted by this bullshit.

I have zero sympathy or respect for Kadri as a player. I have very little time for most opposition fans on any site. Nothing about this changes my opinion of his on ice play. But it is pure and utter nonsense to act like people shouldn't be outraged over this and it is disgusting to act like he is simply race baiting or fabricating a narrative to drum up sympathy. He was very clearly the target of absolutely abhorrent behavior.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
This is absolute horse shit. You want to criticize the way it was reported? Go ahead. Criticizing Kadri and his wife over this is gutless at absolute best. He was absolutely a victim and trying to pretend like he wasn't is shameful.

View attachment 551312

View attachment 551313

Everyone should absolutely be upset and disgusted by this bullshit.
that looks like my twitter feed notifications. i dont see the point in cryin about it online lookin for sympathy. hes not a victim here. hes a public figure, they all get shit like that said to them.

hes so mentally weak that he needs to find "bulletin board material" from a coach who simply said look at his rep then chirped the entire city for what a bunch of "people" said to him on the INTERNET.

the only thing sadder is how much weaker mentally the blues have been since binner got hurt.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
No player deserves to be bombarded with racist remarks and death threats. It's one of the sad realities for sports these days, so much online anonymity that you can basically say anything with zero repercussions. As much as I can't stand Kadri, he shouldn't have to deal with stuff like that.

I didn't want much of the game but I saw the clips of Perron and I question what exactly was going through his head. He drummed it up to trying to create a spark for the team, but there are ways to do that without trying to blindside someone after they score a goal. Absolutely idiotic of him to say the least.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
The main boards are a joke.

Oh my god Perron slashed Toews. Maybe Toews should have more than 2 fingers holding his stick. IDK why that was even posted.

Perron speared Toews. That wasn't spear.

Geez some of these Avs fans are ridiculous.
Twitter is even worse.

Kadri is a hero and a victim. Perron is evil and should never play in the NHL again. St. Louis and the Blues organization are awful and racist.

The whole thing is stupid.

The trolls are running wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad